Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Concerning the tv ads I'm not even sure it matters, what matters is Latin turnout was below 50% last election and the African American vote was down 6% from 2012.

I don't think there's an African American or Latin person in this country who needs to see a tv commercial to decide how to vote (except for the more conservative Cubans).

African Americans and Latinos can literally carry Joe to the presidency, this is what I would be focusing on and for Joe, he has to win Florida or he's done but he's the one Dem candidate that IMO actually has a very good chance to turn Florida.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Concerning the tv ads I'm not even sure it matters, what matters is Latin turnout was below 50% last election and the African American vote was down 6% from 2012.

I don't think there's an African American or Latin person in this country who needs to see a tv commercial to decide how to vote (except for the more conservative Cubans).

African Americans and Latinos can literally carry Joe to the presidency, this is what I would be focusing on and for Joe, he has to win Florida or he's done but he's the one Dem candidate that IMO actually has a very good chance to turn Florida.

Joe can win the presidency without Florida. He can win PA,MI and either WI or AZ to win the presidency.

As I posted earlier, Joe really needs to win big.

Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Pennslyvania,  Michigan,  Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa,Georgia, Minnesota, Nevada, Colorado are battlegrounds I can think of. Joe isn't going to win all of those but these seem like the real contested states. Trump thinks he can flip some. I probably should put Virginia in there, as Trump will fight there.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Joe can win the presidency without Florida. He can win PA,MI and either WI or AZ to win the presidency.

As I posted earlier, Joe really needs to win big.

Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Pennslyvania,  Michigan,  Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa,Georgia, Minnesota, Nevada, Colorado are battlegrounds I can think of. Joe isn't going to win all of those but these seem like the real contested states. Trump thinks he can flip some. I probably should put Virginia in there, as Trump will fight there.

I read the article with the graphic you posted, we can go over all kinds of scenarios but for whatever reason Florida and Ohio seem to set the pace, the historical data shows it, in the last 80 years only 2 Democratic candidates have won the Presidency without winning Florida and a Republican has never won without winning OH.

Most likely Joe will run the table in those battlegrounds if he wins OH and FL, IMO.

11 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I read the article with the graphic you posted, we can go over all kinds of scenarios but for whatever reason Florida and Ohio seem to set the pace, the historical data shows it, in the last 80 years only 2 Presidents have won without winning Florida and a Republican has never won without winning OH.

Most likely Joe will run the table in those battlegrounds if he wins OH and FL, IMO.

Florida and Ohio are more neccessary for the GOP. Clinton won in 92 without Florida and still would've won without winning Ohio.

If Joe could win both that would be great. I think he has better shot at Florida than Ohio.

Virginia isn't going for Trump. The rural counties don't make up for Northern Virginia, Richmond, the Tidewater, and more. Virginia state government turned Blue majority in 2018, and will again this year.

The things Trump and Fox are spewing out now reek of desperation.

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Advanced issue found

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's a bit like the old trope about running the ball 30 times means you're going to win a football game. 

This shows the last 3 Presidential elections where a Dem won Florida.  They went on to pretty much sweep the battleground states.  Why does it happen?  I don't know but until the data says differently this is what happens.

412297577_Annotation2020-05-15154338.thumb.png.1d6b026c7ba7749c460c23e0dd144886.png

What the data says is that if Hillary had gotten a small number more votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin she'd have won the election but not Florida.

If Biden wins the election narrowly, it's almost certainly without Florida. If he wins Florida, he's probably won the election by a large margin. The odds that Florida is the timing point of this election are very slim. 

Archived