Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

BTW, that Texas thing isn't really true. The counties in question are trying to give mail-in ballots to everyone who wants one, which is why they're singled out. It's nt that he's saying other counties can when they can't.

Republicans pull enough janky-ass crap to stop people from voting to Chet their way thru elections. We don't need to make stuff up.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:07 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Always humorous to see "conservatives" being okay sacrificing 5% of the population.  

5% of the American population if I can do math would be like 16 million people when curreent death totals are around 85K.   I don't think sacrifice would be an accureate description either.

Also  50 million babies "sacraficed" since RvW.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:23 AM, Hooper said:

FYI. All beaches will be open in Cali next week. Most have been open already. 

I live in crazy California. Newsome’s approval rating is through the roof right now. The protests were the definition of fake news. 

I heard open beach will have some rules like, masks obviously, but also no sunbathing? No coolers or upbrellas?  Is that true?

I don't think the protests were fake news but I'm not saying they  are representative of the population either.  And I don't think we will "flip"  California.   Just that it will give pause to some who whould have not even considered the idea in the past.

#Walkaway

50 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

5% of the American population if I can do math would be like 16 million people when curreent death totals are around 85K.   I don't think sacrifice would be an accureate description either.

Also  50 million babies "sacraficed" since RvW.

Current US mortality rate for covid19 is >5%. 

Coming out of lockdown will expose more of us.  We are all going to potentially be exposed to at some point regardless of when we open up

This is what I replied to.  The notion that we should do nothing and just accept we will all get it. 

As for the other silly off-topic you brought up, take it to the abortion thread. 

43 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

I don't think the protests were fake news but I'm not saying they  are representative of the population either.  And I don't think we will "flip"  California.   Just that it will give pause to some who whould have not even considered the idea in the past.

#Walkaway

I suspect (from living here since 1999) that California won't vote GOP again nationally until the GOP accepts socially liberal and culturally acceptable policies.

So probably never. 

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

time to crank up the TV ads Joe.  You can't let Trump define you.  I'm  already seeing 2-3 Trump ads on TV.  The only Joe ads I've seen, are on the internet.  

I have a serious question about ads.  How effective are they?  Meaning this: I think pretty much everyone has decided that Trump is an idiot or they've decided to blindly support him.  We all know that he's bungled the COVID-19 response.  Is an ad really going to change anyone's mind?  If you see the ad, is that likely to sway you rather than the actual news coming out of DC?  I agree that Biden can't be silent, but who are these ads for?  Are there really people who are still undecided?  This may sound snarky, but it's something I think about.  I think there should be ads for down-ballot races, but the ads for President?  Are they going to tell us anything new?

1 minute ago, First Colony said:

I have a serious question about ads.  How effective are they?  Meaning this: I think pretty much everyone has decided that Trump is an idiot or they've decided to blindly support him.  We all know that he's bungled the COVID-19 response.  Is an ad really going to change anyone's mind?  If you see the ad, is that likely to sway you rather than the actual news coming out of DC?  I agree that Biden can't be silent, but who are these ads for?  Are there really people who are still undecided?  This may sound snarky, but it's something I think about.  I think there should be ads for down-ballot races, but the ads for President?  Are they going to tell us anything new?

For older voters, they still pay attention to TV ads.  They are plenty of voters who didn’t vote in 2016/2012. Biden needs all the help he can get. If Trump defines him in these ads and he doesn’t respond; those potential voters may not vote for him.

A lot of the electorate isn’t that smart and can be easily swayed one way or another.

2 hours ago, First Colony said:

As much as I don't understand it, I do think that there are enough people that are undecided at this point for ads to matter.  There were a lot of Obama/Trump voters in 2016.  That makes zero sense to me, but it happened, and those voters are very important.  

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think ads are a lot about motivation.  Which makes me think dont waste the money until closer to the election. 

I think now is the time you want to try and define Trump's presidency.  He's really doing a poor job right now, a pandemic is still basically at full force and something like 40 million people have lost their job in the last 2 months.  Ads can solidify that in people's minds and it will be tough to then change what they think later.  

Traditionally, ads are most effective early on to move undecided people to define a candidate.  After we have ideas of who people are, ads are less useful because we rarely redo our first impressions barring some information jarring enough to drastically change our impressions.  Otherwise, we simply blow off information counter to our intrenched beliefs.  We either say it is unimportant or it is false.  Then we look for facts or opinions to bolster what we already "know."

At this point, I think most people know who Biden and Trump are.  Thus, I think ads will have a somewhat minimal impact save in some cases where the movement is already taking place.  You can hit at existing cracks like Trump backing policies endangering seniors to try and cement his falling status with that group.  However, talking about his policies hurting Joe six pack in WV who lost his coal job is not likely to work because he already "knows" who is responsible.  It's the Dem party with their green ideas. 

Ads attacking Biden will run into similar problems.  You can talk about inappropriate touching, but having that change the mind of somebody planning to vote for him will be a hard sell.  They will say better than Trump's past.  They can talk about his impact in the Clarence Thomas hearings.  However, I am not clear whom that will convince to support Trump.

That is just my 2cents from marketing classes I took 20+ years ago. 

Through the Summer I want to see Democrat ads criticizing Trump. After Labor Day, I want to see ads about what Biden will do as President from those focus committees he has. In other words, the platform. 

We know what the Republicans will do in a second term. More money for the 1%ers, trying to cut social safety net programs, more money for the DoD, and so on. More money for him. 

23 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

time to crank up the TV ads Joe.  You can't let Trump define you.  I'm  already seeing 2-3 Trump ads on TV.  The only Joe ads I've seen, are on the internet.  

Just keep running this over and over, everywhere:

Biden interview was okay.  He even answered the Tara Reade and Michael Flynn questions that the host asked him.

I don't see him picking Stacey as his veep but she may have some role in his administration.

Joe needs to air that ad above on TV.   I saw Trump's ad 3-4 times during his MSNBC interview.

34 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Watching Joe's interview and I've seen Trump's ad twice already.  Come on Joe, release something for TV.

Trump's been raising money like mad, and unlike Joe, he hasn't had to spend it doing primaries. Biden trying to fight Trump monetarily now would be virtual suicide. Let Trump start  spending his war chest now and save your money for later. 

The good news is, Trump right now is being defined by the news right now. No amount of money is going to do him much good. 

He's an asshole. The urban dictionary should define it with his nasty fake-ass tan face. ****in yuck. I'm still bewildered at how anyone on the planet got near him. 

He's just ****in nasty. Yuck.

She did it for the nookie.

And now, she's stuck with that nasty ass cookie. 

Archived