Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

32 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree completely, but MAN would it be fun to watch her dismantle Mike Pence. 

I'm not sold she can. 

You have to not just know what you talking about but also not seem less chill then him.

Let's put it this way, what we saw on the debate stage for the nomination is what we'd see in the VP debate. 

Outside dropping the school bus on Biden, how many times did she actually dismantle anybody? That's Warren all day, she effectively ended Bloombergs campaign within 15 seconds on the start of his first debate.

42 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I want Harris to be Attorney General. It's going to be a tough job to return DOJ and the FBI back to non partisanship.

That's the job she's ready for day one.

If folks really felt she was ready to be President she wouldn't of been one of the first to drop out.

Stop trying go make me feel good and fix this **** with folks who actually know how to fix it, please.

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Outside dropping the school bus on Biden, how many times did she actually dismantle anybody? That's Warren all day, she effectively ended Bloombergs campaign within 15 seconds on the start of his first debate.

So, you take away one (1) great example for Harris, then cite to the one (1) great example for Warren?  Makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So, you take away one (1) great example for Harris, then cite to the one (1) great example for Warren?  Makes sense. 

Didn't we watch the same debates? 

Warren was a superior debator way more often then Harris could, not just did, could.  

I like Harris, I really do, but she's in a similar boat Pete is in: should be in next administration to try again next time, but not ready yet.

Harris is a boss level prosecutor, don't put a square peg in a round hole of you don't have to.  You ready for President Harris?  You better be with Joe damn near 80.  The VP has to be ready day one as well.

People thought the mess Obama inherited was bad even for someone who wasnt still green, this situation the next admin is walking into is going to make day one 2009 look like a vacation in Hawaii.  Harris has either already been told no or already knows this, I respect the hell out her not trying to pull a Stacey Abrahams, whatever the reason is.

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you're just going by the one "great example" from each, in Harris' she had to later explain why her attack was basically nonsense, since she admitted to having basically the same policy position as she was attacking Biden for. And Biden ended up winning, by the way.

In Warren's, she literally took a guy who seemed on the verge of challenging for the top spot and literally ended his chances.

Warren, btw, was widely considered the best debater in the debates as a whole. 

If you want to know the main reason to worry about Harris' potential candidacy, look at what Tulsi did to her in one of the debates. Which will be a major theme going forward. Harris has a frankly scary record as Prosecutor and AG, and she hasn't yet figured out how to answer for it. Bots and trolls will be coming at her to divide the left, and she'll hear about it in the debate we're supposed to amped to see her in. And she has not given anyone a single reason to believe she knows what to do about it.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Didn't we watch the same debates? 

Warren was a superior debator way more often then Harris could, not just did, could.  

I like Harris, I really do, but she's in a similar boat Pete is in: should be in next administration to try again next time, but not ready yet.

Harris is a boss level prosecutor, don't put a square peg in a round hole of you don't have to.  You ready for President Harris?  You better be with Joe damn near 80.  The VP has to be ready day one as well.

People thought the mess Obama inherited was bad even for someone who wasnt still green, this situation the next admin is walking into is going to make day one 2009 look like a vacation in Hawaii.  Harris has either already been told no or already knows this, I respect the hell out her not trying to pull a Stacey Abrahams, whatever the reason is.

Frankly, I'd MUCH rather have President Warren.  She was my first choice and my job would instantly get significantly more lucrative and fun.  I'm just saying I think Harris would destroy Pence and probably worse than Warren since Pence isn't himself a billionaire.  I've you've seen her Senate hearings, you know.  

Superior debating is meaningless right now.

I don't even see the point in debating Don. He's going to lie. Claim he's not. and his folks will love it. Even if all you did was present easily confirmed fact after fact. You can't get in the mud with a pig that fat. He'll crush you.

Who cares if Warren was "better" or if Harris said "X, Y, and Z"? People who want to beat Don....want to beat Don. 

2ezi8tN.gif

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Frankly, I'd MUCH rather have President Warren.  She was my first choice and my job would instantly get significantly more lucrative and fun.  I'm just saying I think Harris would destroy Pence and probably worse than Warren since Pence isn't himself a billionaire.  I've you've seen her Senate hearings, you know.  

PB, c'mon, man, you'd rather have Warren as President but prefer Harris over Warren as VP?

Kaine tried the crazy attack dog approach, he looked crazy and lost when Pence was actually the one crazy and lost. 

Harris might Trayvon Martin the case assuming she had enough overwhelming evidence she didn't need to still win the case out of sheer frustration of how obvious this should be.  Pence would just sit there smiling like a cop who knows he's getting a two week vacation at best.

Harris is not used to proving she's innocent and someone else is guilty at the same time. Pence would have index cards with just reasons she's polling badly with Blacks. And some folks want to add her to the ticket to get the black vote? : /

Big Gretch, anyone?

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Big Gretch, anyone?

I like her, She seems tough.

I think the way to go is to seem calm while calling their opponents out on their lies at every turn. No need to attack dog anybody. Seriously. 

Its good to have energy and care about things. But there is a way to do it without looking like a psycho chanting lock her up. ****, chant "Be Best". 

19 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Who cares if Warren was "better" or if Harris said "X, Y, and Z"? People who want to beat Don....want to beat Don. 

How long ago did we say anyone was better then Bush?

We did used to tell our kids anyone can be president one day, I thought that was under review now.

How long ago did we say anyone was better then Bush?

We did used to tell our kids anyone can be president one day, I thought that was under review now.

We got lucky because Obama was miles better than Bush.

Now, just "ok" and that'll be a Universe better than this guy. Warren at Commerce would be good. But she'd be better in the Senate keeping a new majority there. Same with Harris.

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

We got lucky because Obama was miles better than Bush.

Now, just "ok" and that'll be a Universe better than this guy. Warren at Commerce would be good. But she'd be better in the Senate keeping a new majority there. Same with Harris.

Biden should wait a little longer before picking a VP. GOP folk legit scared they going to lose the majority, their polls are tanking in battle ground states with seniors leaving them.  We don't even know how many are still going to be alive by time November gets here.

Biden should wait a little longer before picking a VP. GOP folk legit scared they going to lose the majority, their polls are tanking in battle ground states with seniors living them.  We don't even know how many are still going to be alive by time November gets here.

I have no issue with him waiting it out as long as possible. I have no issue with Biden and the DNC and whoever focusing on the Senate races for a while. Can't have rallies. Pressers all the time would be bad. In 2020, it's ok to lay low and let the other guy keep digging himself deeper with comments like he pulled today on the Asian reporter. Might as well let him do the work of getting every minority and most woman against him. 

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

PB, c'mon, man, you'd rather have Warren as President but prefer Harris over Warren as VP?

You have fundamentally misread what i have typed. I never said i prefer Harris over Warren for Veep. I said I would enjoy watching Harris dismantle Pence in a debate. A pretty benign post. Then you, and others, said Warren is a better debater, which I don’t necessarily agree with, but has literally nothing to do with who I ultimately want to be Veep or President. 

Edit:  end of the day, I’m good with whoever Biden picks, assuming it is from the list of a half dozen or so women that are commonly mentioned. I like all of them and Biden should pick the person that he likes and trusts the most and who fits into his own vision of his presidency the best.  

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You have fundamentally misread what i have typed. I never said i prefer Harris over Warren for Veep. I said I would enjoy watching Harris dismantle Pence in a debate. A pretty benign post. Then you, and others, said Warren is a better debater, which I don’t necessarily agree with, but has literally nothing to do with who I ultimately want to be Veep or President. 

I get you now, my bad.

We ever live streamed a cop getting off for killing someone?  I'm worried that's what it will feel like.

If she could handle getting prosecuted at the same time, sure, id enjoy that, same way I want a political celebrity death match.

12 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Superior debating is meaningless right now.

I don't even see the point in debating Don. He's going to lie. Claim he's not. and his folks will love it. Even if all you did was present easily confirmed fact after fact. You can't get in the mud with a pig that fat. He'll crush you.

You can't just not debate him. That would be an absolute electoral disaster.So, the question becomes How do you debate him? Because a great debater can really make him look bad. It could be a virtual death blow to his Presidency. If not, it has the potential to let him back into the race. Having a great debater should have been a huge factor in picking a Democratic nominee. 

One reason why I think picking Biden was such a dumb move. 

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The only way to debate him is to let him ramble on, then laugh loudly. I'd almost pay to see his reactions to that!

I swear, I wish Hillary would've let him have it when he was creepin behind her. That one act of bravery might've changed everything. 

25 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You can't just not debate him. That would be an absolute electoral disaster.So, the question becomes How do you debate him? Because a great debater can really make him look bad. It could be a virtual death blow to his Presidency. If not, it has the potential to let him back into the race. Having a great debater should have been a huge factor in picking a Democratic nominee. 

One reason why I think picking Biden was such a dumb move. 

A wise man and a fool have a debate. Now you have two fools. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

There's an exception for necessity in maintaining a democracy. 

If he wants to run a popularity contest during the debate, that's fine, he'll just be wearing the wrong theme to the party.

14 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

if i was in the room with you i'd hurt you unless you could convince me you were doing a michael scott imitation

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

if i was in the room with you i'd hurt you unless you could convince me you were doing a michael scott imitation

Full disclosure, one of the twitter feeds i follow is @YiddishProverbs. I'd bet i read that there recently. 

-ImaFoolTu

12 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That may sound cute, but it's basically nonsense in this context.

And if you actually don't understand the disaster that it would be for Biden to refuse to debate and what two months of Trump and his Fox allies calling him "Chicken Joe" and the avalanche of memes that would come with it would do to his candidacy, then maybe you just don't understand modern politics. Like, at all.

13 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That may sound cute, but it's basically nonsense in this context.

And if you actually don't understand the disaster that it would be for Biden to refuse to debate and what two months of Trump and his Fox allies calling him "Chicken Joe" and the avalanche of memes that would come with it would do to his candidacy, then maybe you just don't understand modern politics. Like, at all.

Uh huh. I don't understand modern politics at all. And this is a normal year with normal candidates and campaigns. 

He can get on stage and have the debate of his life against Trump and Fox would declare him the loser. Don could **** himself on stage and they'd declare it a brilliant strategic move. 

The memes and nicknames are happening either way for those people. Will they work? I don't know. 

Archived