Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

The Southern Democrat with the power to shut down Trump's convention  

>>>

North Carolina Roy Cooper has got a doozy on his hands.

He’s a Democratic governor, up for reelection in a Republican-leaning Southern swing state, pushing a go-slow approach to reopening the economy as protests intensify and neighboring states move quicker.

But that’s just the start: How the first-term governor handles his state's reopening will likely dictate whether President Donald Trump and the Republican Party can forge ahead with a full-fledged convention in Charlotte this summer.......<<

42 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

This is my first time in the Tailgate.  I have just browsed around a little.  Seems like a Lib orgy?

Is conservative thought tolerated here?

Not permitted whatsoever.  Your thoughts are forbidden.  All us ultra libs will infect you with lib thoughts if you fsil to leave immediately.  

And maybe turn you gay.  

(Clue:  The "Comic Sans" font is used by some here, as a signal for sarcasm.)  

1 hour ago, Snagletooth said:

This is my first time in the Tailgate.  I have just browsed around a little.  Seems like a Lib orgy?

I would appreciate the help, as long as it is actual thought and not trolling.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would appreciate the help, as long as it is actual thought and not trolling.

Based on his first Tailgate post, I'm not placing any bets.  

But I'm willing to watch the show unfold for an episode or two.  

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Encouraged, actually. Debate is good, but I don't think you should plan on changing any minds. 

Welcome & Hail. 

Ok thanks.  Maybe I will just dip my toe in the waters.   I have been over in the Stadium, really since the inception of ES, and  I love the community, but wanted some political talk too.  

I browsed around just a little bit and to me the tone in the political threads struck me as a little Mobish.  

Anyways I was thinking that with the push back and protest against the lockdown policies, this might give pause to a lot of democratic voters in their own deep blue states.  Gavin Newsome says you cant go to the beach.  Alot of young healthy low risk people can't like that.   Politics is typically about promising to give people what they want.  Everyone wants this nightmare to go away.  Conversely, DeSantos has the beaches open in Florida allowing people to get back to normal.   I just think there will be an overwhelming gratitude to having things open and its the Conservative side that is mostly pushing open up policies.   That has to favor Trump especially if the storm has passed and we approach election time.

8 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

Anyways I was thinking that with the push back and protest against the lockdown policies, this might give pause to a lot of democratic voters in their own deep blue states.  Gavin Newsome says you cant go to the beach.  Alot of young healthy low risk people can't like that.   Politics is typically about promising to give people what they want.  Everyone wants this nightmare to go away.  Conversely, DeSantos has the beaches open in Florida allowing people to get back to normal.   I just think there will be an overwhelming gratitude to having things open and its the Conservative side that is mostly pushing open up policies.   That has to favor Trump especially if the storm has passed and we approach election time.

simply wanting a nightmare to go away won't make it so. we know that opening things up right now will only extend the amount of the spread and increase death totals.

assuming you are pro-life, please correct me if i'm wrong, how do you marry these positions?

FYI. All beaches will be open in Cali next week. Most have been open already. 

I live in crazy California. Newsome’s approval rating is through the roof right now. The protests were the definition of fake news. 

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

simply wanting a nightmare to go away won't make it so. we know that opening things up right now will only extend the amount of the spread and increase death totals.

The lockdown had been primarily to buy time for the Hospitals.  So that they would not be overwhelmed.  We have done that to a large extent and learned more about the virus too.  Coming out of lockdown will expose more of us.  We are all going to potentially be exposed to at some point regardless of when we open up.  And we now better understand who the high risk groups are.  For the young and healthy they are ready to get back to Life and Work and hope to salvage the economy before its too late, for them much of this nightmare is over.  The stress is beginning to be replaced with more hope and its uplifting and the open up policies align with that while the lockdown policies align with more fear and oppression.  

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I think it's ironic that "conservatives" want bars, beaches, & strip clubs open. 

Death is associated with all 3, even without a global pandemic. 🤦‍♀️

I don't live by a beach anymore and don't go to bars or strip clubs and I'm not sure how death is associated with beaches either.

But I do want my dog park open again.

5 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

The lockdown had been primarily to buy time for the Hospitals.  So that they would not be overwhelmed.  We have done that to a large extent and learned more about the virus too.  Coming out of lockdown will expose more of us.  We are all going to potentially be exposed to at some point regardless of when we open up.  And we now better understand who the high risk groups are.  For the young and healthy they are ready to get back to Life and Work and hope to salvage the economy before its too late, for them much of this nightmare is over.  The stress is beginning to be replaced with more hope and its uplifting and the open up policies align with that while the lockdown policies align with more fear and oppression.  

if thats how you see it, then yeah I got nothing. good day my man

1 minute ago, Snagletooth said:

I don't live by a beach anymore and don't go to bars or strip clubs and I'm not sure how death is associated with beaches either.

But I do want my dog park open again.

I didn't say "you" wanted those things. I'm repeating what I have seen reported, by real video from protests. 

8 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

the lockdown policies align with more fear and oppression.  

and unfortunately, that's reality. I'm scared because I almost died last year & I never want to know that agony or fear again. I'm also very depressed, I've had losses lately that are beyond me, can't get through more than a few minutes without crying. 

But I'm not going to cry about having to stay home to keep myself and others safe. The greater good is worth that sacrifice. 

4 hours ago, Snagletooth said:

wrong way to enter the conversation/thread/forum (stupid and trolling)

and you went off-topic

so that's a temp time-out for ya, and we'll see how ya do if there's a next time for you in this forum

speaking for myself, this would be the same if you entered as a noob in some lefty version of the same behaviors

Archived