Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Advanced issues found

8 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Trump's policies are extremely unpopular but he got elected. What people respond to is someone they believe is genuine. It amazes me that Trump fits the bill for so many people but he does. The Democrats need to nominate someone people believe in. Hillary lost because she wasn't that, at all. 

Trump's actual policies and the polices he spouted while on the campaign trail are wildly different.  And while I know all politicians say one thing and do another, Trump has as off-target as any POTUS I've ever seen especially seeing as he had a compliant Congress for two years.

While most of his supporters don't really care and/or haven't sufficient cognitive apparatus to appreciate his duplicity, there is a swath of voters who flipped the Trump lever in the last election who do realize what a monumental mistake they made. So the Dems really really REALLY have to get their act together and do as you suggest. Put forward a candidate who is genuine and believable. 

I'd be far from honest if I were to say I'm optimistic think the Democratic party will get their act together, but the stakes are pretty dammed high.  

@PeterMP I'm not a fan how he goes into revolution talk when backed into a corner, but are you really suggesting hes making proposals, like free public college, in a vacuum without factoring in the changes hes proposing changing the current numbers?  A lot of the research on his proposals show ranges and best case scenarios, I'd call him an optimist before I say hes making proposals in a vacuum.

I would be lying if I didnt say that Pete got my attention with his plan to stop systemic racism. I almost wonder if its right and smart of the African american population to throw support behind someone who talks like that just to prove we are listening and that we are willing to support people who speak to issues we care about. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

@PeterMP I'm not a fan how he goes into revolution talk when backed into a corner, but are you really suggesting hes making proposals, like free public college, in a vacuum without factoring in the changes hes proposing changing the current numbers?  A lot of the research on his proposals show ranges and best case scenarios, I'd call him an optimist before I say hes making proposals in a vacuum.

I've never seen any evidence that he's made those types of considerations.  I've never seen him anywhere say that the wealthy do have the option of not buying and selling stock as often as they do now and will likely stop buying and selling stock as often if you tax them based on how much they buy and sell stocks.

I've never seen him indicate that he understands that every other western democratic country has out of pocket costs associated with (some) prescription drugs because it helps control usage (and therefore costs) and if there are no out of pocket costs, prescription drug usage (and so costs) are likely going to go up.

It is possible he has, but I've never seen it.

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Nobody else is close to those top 5 or has any real path to make up ground... I’m curious about two things: How long Buttigieg stays in the race (and where his voters go when he drops out), and whether Bernie pulls a 2016 and holds out until its far too late. 

Bernie has no path to the nomination but does have 10-15% support locked up that would presumably go to Warren if he dropped out and endorsed her. That’s the most likely way to overtake Biden, but probably won’t happen as long as Bernie stays in. 

Bernie is staying until the last primary, think he has already said that.

Pete will fade.

Kamala could end Joe's candidacy tonight. As more time passes, Joe will lose support.

Sure seems like Trump was the winner last night, sadly. Because no Dem really stepped forward and what you had was a stage of people who could run(stay) in the Senate and take control of it if they could get on the same page.

Feeling pretty low after last night.

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Wouldn't mind hearing about that.  Sounds like a fantasy, to me.  

https://peteforamerica.com/douglass-plan/

From the horses mouth. Im still trying to understand all of it, and it does sound more fantastical than reality, but I like that hes attempting to learn from his issues in his state and at least trying to talk about it. It wont happen if you dont seriously try. So here we are! 

Realistically, you would need alot of things to change before this can have any kind of honest attempt on a national scale. 

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Trump going to gaslight folks while he's trying to do away with the ACA and protections for per-exisiting conditions.

"I have a hard time listening to a man who is clearly obese and unhealthy physically AND Mentally talking about health care. Girdles for all isn't a realistic option just because it works for him."

That's my new standard reply.

It seems like Harris is trying to find a lane that's just to the inside of the Warren/Sanders lane. Could be a smart play, could result in mishmash.

Sign me up for the 2 gay Hoosiers VP debate!

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Trump going to gaslight folks while he's trying to do away with the ACA and protections for per-exisiting conditions.

Easiest bluff to call. Put some of these proposals, which are in line with Democratic positions, up for a vote and see how parties vote.

One of the initiatives would allow states to import lower-priced drugs from Canada and other countriesand another would bar Medicare from paying more than any other country for prescription drugs, according to two senior administration officials and lobbyists — controversial ideas in line with Democratic proposals. Yet it remains unclear the administration has the legal authority to execute some of these policies without Congress.

The White House is already facing fierce pushback on some proposals from Republicans on Capitol Hill and the pharmaceutical industry, which will likely go to court to challenge any measure it opposes.

It's going to be a massive self goal as congressional R's will have to decide between human decency and lobbyist shilling.

30 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

"I have a hard time listening to a man who is clearly obese and unhealthy physically AND Mentally talking about health care. Girdles for all isn't a realistic option just because it works for him."

That's my new standard reply.

I'm willing to let the man make proposals.  

I'm pretty sure all he'll produce are exactly the same "guaranteed to make things vastly worse" proposals that every single Republican has made for the last 10 years, but if he makes a good one, I'll support it.  

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm willing to let the man make proposals.  

I'm pretty sure all he'll produce are exactly the same "guaranteed to make things vastly worse" proposals that every single Republican has made for the last 10 years, but if he makes a good one, I'll support it.  

I'm not. I'm not willing to let him throw out word salads in the guise of a proposal.

Trump ran on "letting gov't take care of healthcare" in more or less words.  Why isn't the media holding him to what he campaigned on in that regard?  Not that I actually believe he ever had any intention on following through with it, but he is the one who said it.  So why isn't the media asking him why he campaigned on something that he is now saying is bad when Dems are proposing it?   Media still not doing their job. 

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Sure seems like Trump was the winner last night, sadly. Because no Dem really stepped forward and what you had was a stage of people who could run(stay) in the Senate and take control of it if they could get on the same page.

Feeling pretty low after last night.

When most of the candidate’s first words for every response began, “Donald Trump...” then you know Trump is winning. I wanna hear how these chumps will deal

with that ****stain Mitch McConnell when they’re elected.

The one I really liked (before I dozed off) was mayor Pete.  Sanders and Warren were ok.  The rest were just noise.

And holy **** how many cartons of cigarettes does that one lady smoke per day?  Christ she puts back some Virginia Slims for sure.

36 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Im sure they’re feeling really torn.

Yeah that's really not much of a choice for them. They've been choosing lobbyist shilling over human decency consistently for decades. The biggest difference is that now they also have to deal with placating the full blown, unfiltered lunatic who's at the head of their party. 

Not sure why anyone is expecting this primary to be any different than any other primary.  it comes off cartoonish right now because there are 20 candidates, but in 6 months when there are 3-4 candidates still standing and we can get more out of them than :30 soundbites before the moderator is interrupting them to move on, things will take more shape.  I don't think most folks outside of political junkies are even paying attention right now, nor will most people even remember what is said in these early debates. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

When most of the candidate’s first words for every response began, “Donald Trump...” then you know Trump is winning. I wanna hear how these chumps will deal

with that ****stain Mitch McConnell when they’re elected.

The one I really liked (before I dozed off) was mayor Pete.  Sanders and Warren were ok.  The rest were just noise.

I mean, the smart play here, for every D candidate, is to make this election a referendum on Trump, who is not popular and is also a hateful moron.  They aren't starting every response with "Donald Trump" because he's winning, they're doing it because he's a real-life straw man that they can kick the **** out of.

Agree that everyone else on the stage besides the 3 you mentioned are just noise.  Sorry Beto, time to run for Senate.  The rest of you can go back to whatever quiet thing you were doing before.  We promise to put a footnote on your wikipedia page that you technically ran for President once.  

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The biggest difference is that now they also have to deal with placating the full blown, unfiltered lunatic who's at the head of their party. 

By that, you mean "the Trump voter".  

Not one of them is scared of Trump.  They're absolutely terrified of the Trump voter.  

Archived