Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres a difference between challenging and demonizing.

They are making a mistake by attacking the Green New Deal for going too far, it absolutely has to match the urgency of the issue, theres no middle ground here.

I think that was just Delaney, I thought Klobuchar was a sponsor of the Green New Deal.  With Klobuchar, I appreciate her coming out and saying she wouldn't back things like free college for everyone, or complete forgiveness of student debt, which are current progressive hot ideas.

Just now, Forehead said:

I think that was just Delaney, I thought Klobuchar was a sponsor of the Green New Deal.  With Klobuchar, I appreciate her coming out and saying she wouldn't back things like free college for everyone, or complete forgiveness of student debt, which are current progressive hot ideas.

she is toast with this crowd

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres a difference between challenging and demonizing.

They are making a mistake by attacking the Green New Deal for going too far, it absolutely has to match the urgency of the issue, theres no middle ground here.

A lot of climate change scientists aren't fans of the green new deal.

https://grist.org/article/climate-movement-grandpa-james-hansen-says-the-green-new-deal-is-nonsense/

(7:15 of the video)

The green deal is as much of an economic plan as it is an environmental law.

5 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Neither has Warren, who supports free public college, not college for all, and forgiving student debt for half the people Bernie wanted to, neither of which I think are in green new deal, separate bills.

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

A lot of climate change scientists aren't fans of the green new deal.

https://grist.org/article/climate-movement-grandpa-james-hansen-says-the-green-new-deal-is-nonsense/

(7:15 of the video)

The green deal is as much of an economic plan as it is an environmental law.

I'd say it needs to add cap and trade, it's not perfect, but matches the urgency of the situation.  You have to change our economy to accommodate this.

Archived