Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Is it only kids that get free college?  Because if taxes are going up to pay for that, I’m going to college again and focusing on crap I don’t need but just want to do this time around.  I’m taking the wildest most absurdly useless electives I can find.  For free.  

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Damn, MaryAnne calling them out, why are they a Democrate if you dont want the government to try any big ideas?

Too many people on this stage bought into the BS that big public ideas are bad policy. When literally the backbone of this countries success is big public ideas and federal economic planning.

Just now, No Excuses said:

Too many people on this stage bought into the BS that big public ideas are bad policy. When literally the backbone of this countries success is big public ideas and federal economic planning.

Big ideas aren’t the problem.  Big price tags are the problem.  No one seriously thinks free college isn’t going to arrive with a major tax increase.  Pretending that the rich will cover that for us with a simple tweak of the tax code is naive.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Trump was literally out here on promising to eliminate the national debt. The third debate can't come sooner so we can eliminate some of these herbs.

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Big ideas aren’t the problem.  Big price tags are the problem.  No one seriously thinks free college isn’t going to arrive with a major tax increase.  Pretending that the rich will cover that for us with a simple tweak of the tax code is naive.

You could cut into other programs like social security and welfare and instead put it into programs like these.... 

i think/wish they wouldn’t be too focused on college though. Hopefully when/if te college program is developed they will also offer incentives for alternative education/growth as outside the college setting.

Not everyone is going to be a great college student and I think people would be better served doing what they are meant to do. It’s not an intelligence thing, some people are meant to work with their hands....

Just now, Destino said:

I agree. I also think the public is at fault here. Tax increases for better public services isn’t controversial.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/%3Finline%3Dfile&ved=2ahUKEwiSsI-sjN7jAhXEUt8KHUY8AwUQFjABegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0X29bXACRQlcIwl6gaNltJ

Fully Paid for by Imposing a Robin Hood Tax on Wall Street. This legislation is offset by 
imposing a Wall Street speculation fee on investment houses, hedge funds, and other speculators of 
0.5% on stock trades (50 cents for every $100 worth of stock), a 0.1% fee on bonds, and a 0.005% 
fee on derivatives. It has been estimated that this provision could raise hundreds of billions a year 
which could be used not only to make tuition free at public colleges and universities in this country, 
it could also be used to create millions of jobs and rebuild the middle class of this country.

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I agree. I also think the public is at fault here. Tax increases for better public services isn’t controversial.

It’s never controversial to put your own interests first.  It’s only controversial when others put their interests over yours.  Just like making it more expensive to drive isn’t controversial to people with money or those that don’t drive.  Those that can’t afford it get crushed, but that’s the price of progress say those that stand to gain.  

Archived