Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

49 minutes ago, PCS said:

Nearly 4:30 a.m. here and I have to be at work at 5. I get go in and be surrounded by Trumpers who will be coming up with all kinds of bull****. It's going to be a practice in patience today I think. Several lines from Airport come to mind right now. Sigh.

New drinking game. Take a drink when anyone says it was a false flag and it was left wing agitators who stormed the capitol.

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I'll have to disagree here. I feel for her and her family as she probably never expected that, and most likely thought she was part of the good people vs evil people.

Somehow I feel sorry for all those people that firmly believe in lies and try to fight for.  They are more victims of conspirationist, and used by them in any way.

Problem is not really believers, it's all those that knowingly spread those lies because it serves their own purposes. Those are the real culprits behind this. That's what Biden has to go against.

Until yesterday I believed he would just let it die slowly, but now, he knows he'll have to deal with this and cannot let it go free. Some will have to be trialed. Starting with Trump and his whole family. List is quite long on this side.

I do not feel sorry for her or anyone who falls for this type of cultish ignorance. They are weak minded and stupid. No one forced her to be part of that ignorance. Now anyone forced to participate, OK, I feel sorry for them. Like the people taken to compounds by spouses or parents or other and forcibly not allowed to leave. But that's not what this is. She made the decision to go there. She made the decision to breach the US Capitol. They are lucky they didn't all get shot. In fact do we know who shot her? Seems odd Capitol Police would shoot one person and then no one else shoot. Typically once you open that box all hell breaks loose. Do we know for sure it wasn't self inflicted by a protestors gun accidentally going off? Either way, it was her choice to be there. I do not wish harm to anyone. But I also do not feel a bit sorry it they get hurt due to their own poor choices. 

I do agree to stop it you need to cut off the head of the snake. So trump needs to be dealt with. Hopefully the multiple lawsuits from NY will take their bit of flesh (not literally). But feel sorry for the followers? Not a single bit. Will lose no sleep over what happens to them. 

6 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

"A YouGov Direct poll of 1,397 registered voters who had heard about the event finds that most (62%) voters perceive these actions as a threat to democracy... Overall, one in five voters (21%) say they support the goings-on at the Capitol. "

So discouraging to see 21% support it. I'm sad about that. 

5 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

You don’t get to say you were wronged in your statement to commit to a peaceful transition of power. 

You have to pay for feeding these imbeciles lies and encouraging them to act violently. 

My best friend's "good morning" will absolutely NEVER be answered again. 

I will not abide. 

If you voted for what happened yesterday, you're out of my world. 

1 hour ago, PCS said:

Nearly 4:30 a.m. here and I have to be at work at 5. I get go in and be surrounded by Trumpers who will be coming up with all kinds of bull****. It's going to be a practice in patience today I think. Several lines from Airplane come to mind right now. Sigh.

I know I'd be twisting that knife. You're a better person than me.

1 hour ago, PCS said:

Nearly 4:30 a.m. here and I have to be at work at 5. I get go in and be surrounded by Trumpers who will be coming up with all kinds of bull****. It's going to be a practice in patience today I think. Several lines from Airplane come to mind right now. Sigh.

I play golf in a weekend men's league and I am not sure what I will do if one of them starts talking about how they support it. I am typically pretty good about confronting people like but in a way they have to either admit to being stupid or they just change the subject - I am OK with either. But this is not a policy discussion. This affected me to my emotional core. I was trembling angry yesterday watching some of the **** going on. 

I thought about pulling out this weekend - a choice I have that you do not - but that will jsut kick the can down the road. 

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Now that Joe has been certified; this thread should end.

It’s over. Well , not really. Yesterday; was the opening salvo in the second civil war.

It's the mods call - but if I had a vote I would say after inauguration. It's not over till it's over. 

I think they have already referenced inauguration day as when many of these threads will be closed. 

I don't wanna hear any talk about the cabinet "discussing" the 25th amendment.  Those ass clowns don't have the fortitude to do anything.  Maybe a couple of them will quit, maybe.  That's about it.  Even then, it's 2 weeks left, it's not much of a statement. 

What should happen

25th Amendment should be used. Trump should be removed immediately. If they don't have the nerve for that they should let him gracefully pretend that he's fallen ill and needs to recover at Walter Reed. Get him out.

State assemblies should initiate recalls of senators and congressmen who voted for sedition.

Arrests need to be made. Public trials need to be held.

What needs not to happen.

Washington congratulates itself for overcoming the failed coup and tries to resume business as normal.

Also, I kept thinking of @Bang yesterday. He predicted a lot of this. I know others did, too, but he was very blunt about how he thought violence was on the horizon.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What should happen

25th Amendment should be used. Trump should be removed immediately. If they don't have the nerve for that they should let him gracefully pretend that he's fallen ill and needs to recover at Walter Reed. Get him out.

State assemblies should initiate recalls of senators and congressmen who voted for sedition.

Arrests need to be made. Public trials need to be held.

What needs not to happen.

Washington congratulates itself for overcoming the failed coup and tries to resume business as normal.

Also, I kept thinking of @Bang yesterday. He predicted a lot of this. I know others did, too, but he was very blunt about how he thought violence was on the horizon.

We all know which one of those scenarios is going to come to fruition.

25 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I don't wanna hear any talk about the cabinet "discussing" the 25th amendment.  Those ass clowns don't have the fortitude to do anything.  Maybe a couple of them will quit, maybe.  That's about it.  Even then, it's 2 weeks left, it's not much of a statement. 

Every one of them was selected for their willingness to harm the country for the gain of the Party.  (And themselves.)  

That was a failed coup attempt yesterday.  And the only ****ing consequence was his ****ing Twitter account was momentarily suspended.

He and every one of those traitors who support him in the mob and in congress should prosecuted for treason and sedition and an attempt to overthrow the government.  They should all spend decades in prison, if not the rest of their miserable, worthless lives.  The weakness of our democracy invited this insurrection and it will not end with yesterday's failed coup.

"[ Washington DC police chief, Robert Contee] reported 52 arrests: five for firearms offences and 47 for curfew violations and unlawful entry. Twenty-six of those arrested were on the grounds of the US Capitol.

A cooler packed with molotov ****tails was also found on US Capitol grounds. Police recovered two pipe bombs at the Democratic National Committee and Republican National Committee offices."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/07/ashli-babbitt-woman-shot-and-killed-in-storming-of-us-capitol-named

I would think that molotov ****tails and pipe bombs are going to get the relevant people some hefty jail time.

Maybe I need to go back through our terrorism laws but we need to have a serious look at how we charge people.  Whether the riots last year or the shocking events yesterday.  We need to crush these extremists whether it’s wacko proud boys/patriots or the ones hijacking BLM rallies. Whether it’s rioting or a damn coup in this case. Across the board we need to start dropping the hammer.  We need to across the board define if you do this no matter the motive or reason it is terrorism. You will treated like a terrorist on the spot and in court. 

Archived