Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Al Capone got caught for financial reason. But he got away with everything linked to murders and mafia stuff.

Financial stuff is not what got the capitole raided yesterday.

And you can also have it both ways so, show no mercy.

Gotha - I don't care how they get him jsut that they do it. So I think we are agreeing here. 

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yep.  Felony murder.  

Participation in any felony, in which a person dies, is murder one.  

Meaning for example, that every person who trespassed in that building is guilty.  (I'm assuming forcing your way in is a felony.)  

But the woman who was shot was not murdered, neither were the others that died in the incident. So if there was no crime for murder how can the others be charged with murder?

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Al Capone got caught for financial reason. But he got away with everything linked to murders and mafia stuff.

Financial stuff is not what got the capitole raided yesterday.

And you can also have it both ways so, show no mercy.

I like that,  French style. 

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yep.  Felony murder.  

Participation in any felony, in which a person dies, is murder one.  

Meaning for example, that every person who trespassed in that building is guilty.  (I'm assuming forcing your way in is a felony.)  

Oh i so hope they go there. That will send a real message 

15 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

But the woman who was shot was not murdered, neither were the others that died in the incident. So if there was no crime for murder how can the others be charged with murder?

Any felony in which someone died.  

The classic example is, if there's a bank robbery, and one of the robbers gets shot, the guy who was driving the getaway car is guilty.  Even though he had no weapon, and never set foot in the bank.  

11 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This is clear, disturbing video of the moment the woman killed in the U.S. Capitol was shot.

ok. I’m tagging the mods that are usually active in these threads so they can remove this if they want. I will also report the post when I’m done, again to give them fair chance to say “uh no, not here”. I’m putting the link in spoiler as well. 

and I’m warning you that this is a video of a real person shooting, and killing, another person. Up close. So. You’ve been warned

@Jumbo

@TK

@Destino

@MartinC

I personally view this information as important. But I understand if it’s inappropriateness out weighs that. 

this a crystal clear picture of what happened. 

she was shot as she tried to go through the window. As soon as she climbs through the window to get into the area she was shot. 

I no longer have concerns about whether she deserved to be shot for her actions in that specific moment. The answer is clear to me, she did. 

that doesn’t mean there isn’t room to find this as an unfortunate and/or unnecessary death in the bigger context of things.  

but in my opinion at some point games stop being games, and consequences become warranted. And I believe that describes this case. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

What should happen

25th Amendment should be used. Trump should be removed immediately. If they don't have the nerve for that they should let him gracefully pretend that he's fallen ill and needs to recover at Walter Reed. Get him out.

State assemblies should initiate recalls of senators and congressmen who voted for sedition.

Arrests need to be made. Public trials need to be held.

What needs not to happen.

Washington congratulates itself for overcoming the failed coup and tries to resume business as normal.

Also, I kept thinking of @Bang yesterday. He predicted a lot of this. I know others did, too, but he was very blunt about how he thought violence was on the horizon.

Nothing will happen. Maybe some of those who broke into the capitol will be prosecuted but that will be it.

Nothing will happen to Trump or the congressmen/senators who objected.

Yesterday was the opening salvo of the second civil war.

Trump will be undermining Biden; throughout his presidency.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

So far, the only punishment for yesterday's events, has been handed out by Twitter.  

Thats so insane to me. I really dont think they ever thought it would get this far, and now that it has they are frozen. Crazy lack of leadership in this country. 

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats so insane to me. I really dont think they ever thought it would get this far, and now that it has they are frozen. Crazy lack of leadership in this country. 

I've always find it surprising when people preach and asks for violence from their goons that they're surprised that it did ends up with violence...

dude-seriously-what.jpg

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They don't mind that it went that far.  

They want to try to pretend that they're not responsible for it.  

They care if they think that there might be political blowback.  

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

ok. I’m tagging the mods that are usually active in these threads so they can remove this if they want. I will also report the post when I’m done, again to give them fair chance to say “uh no, not here”. I’m putting the link in spoiler as well. 

and I’m warning you that this is a video of a real person shooting, and killing, another person. Up close. So. You’ve been warned

@Jumbo

@TK

@Destino

@MartinC

I personally view this information as important. But I understand if it’s inappropriateness out weighs that. 

With the warning I've highlighted in red, the use of the spoiler tag, & description of the Tailgate forum, especially the highlighted in red part, :

The Tailgate

Use this forum to participate in off-topic discussions (politics, entertainment, history, technology, humor, etc.) Please note that some threads may contain material not suitable for viewing at work or around children – view at your own discretion.

I'm going to allow it. HOWEVER if any other Mod disagrees with it, they're free to remove the link at will. No arguments/disagreements/discussions/explanations needed. 

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Jumbo

@TK

@Destino

@MartinC

this a crystal clear picture of what happened. 

she was shot as she tried to go through the window. 

I no longer have concerns about whether she deserved to be shot for her actions in that specific moment. The answer is clear to me, she did. 

that doesn’t mean there isn’t room to find this as unfortunate and/or unnecessary. 

but in my opinion at some point games stop being games, and consequences become warranted. And I believe that deserves this case. 

So I'm reading your post, nodding my head in agreement, I see the link and think "oh, this must be what Destino was referring to last night, I guess I'll look to confirm his point" annnd you got me. The lesson is to not second guess Destino. 

Not to derail this, but I was shocked and horrified by the one video I watched yesterday. After a night of sleep, I've come around to Goskin10's point of view - I can't feel bad about the deaths of gullible people that choose to be domestic terrorists. This is war, or damn close to it. 

43 minutes ago, tshile said:

she was shot as she tried to go through the window. As soon as she climbs through the window to get into the area she was shot. 

that doesn’t mean there isn’t room to find this as an unfortunate and/or unnecessary death in the bigger context of things.  

but in my opinion at some point games stop being games, and consequences become warranted. And I believe that describes this case. 

I dont understand what the other police in this video were doing. The ones with the bigger guns, just watching all this happen. Who were those people? Why where they there and doing nothing? They literally had zero control of the situation. I really am confused about what im seeing here. 

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them... I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant.

- Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies

17 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

How facebook and other online business models work is by targeting your habits and attempting to elicit an emotional response out of you that will keep you clicking on their ****.  Extremism is one hell of an efficient way of eliciting such responses and conspiracies are a great way to keep people clicking.  As a results, Facebooks algorithms naturally push people toward more extremest ideation and a whole host of "alternative facts".  Effectively it allows each individual to immerse themselves in a reality of facts they choose...individualized echo chambers pushing people to farther and farther extremes.  So fun fact Zuckerberg: you're almost as complicit in what happened yesterday as Trump is.

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Thanks, @TKfor leaving it up. 

Imho, a little tazing at the start may have prevented what only ONE officer thought was necessary to PROTECT THIS HOUSE. 

There were multiple officers with guns drawn by that point. Uniformed law enforcement officers had already retreated throughout the course of the attack.  We saw it. First from the Capitol grounds, then from the piazza and walkways leading to the building, then from the outside of the building, then up various marble steps of the interior.  Plainclothed officers, like the uniformed officers, have a sworn duty to protect members of Congress.  At some point, they had to establish concentric "no-breach" lines, to give them time to evacuate Members and staff to safety.  My guess is that woman was the first of the mob to try to breach that line.

Archived