Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

The House just voted no on the PA objection... vote was behind held open so I went to bed.

CSPAN had some floor debate and the Republicans are making some bad arguments.  This is in regards to Pennsylvabia.   First of all, while it was true there were objections by Dems to the votes in 2000 and 2004, the Dem candidates had conceded and no one cared, no one projected false hopium that "WE WILL WIN!".  It was a truly a symbolic objection.  Second, they are claiming election technicalities at the state level that have no right to be adjudicated after the fact.  I do believe all of the absentee expansion was fought by the GOP and in court, and they lost.  I can't imagine these objections weren't looked at in state court multiple times. lt would be like the losing Super Bowl team complaining about the officials wearing the wrong color socks, therefore, the score doesn't matter (think 22 Broncos and 26 Bills).  Third, there is no evidence of widespread fraud in relation to the protection of voters.  There is not even an accusation of fraud.  The GOP is throwing smoke bombs at the process and saying, "look... there's some smoke!  Maybe there is a fire over there."

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Normally I’m sure of the winner the day after Election Day.  This year I had to stay up until the wee hours of the morning on January 7th.  

Now we wait to see what form Donald’s next ego meltdown will take.

Right there with ya Destino.  But whatever he tries can wait till tomorrow morning.  Now...rest.

Oh the irony. Votes were going to be challenged by the Republicans, but after Trump sent his followers to the Capitol (and unfortunate 4 deaths later) these leaders decided screw with this bull**** and **** Trump and his Trumpsters. This could have been drawn out longer but Trump actually helped in getting it done faster....lol

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I hope it was excruciatingly painful 

I'll have to disagree here. I feel for her and her family as she probably never expected that, and most likely thought she was part of the good people vs evil people.

Somehow I feel sorry for all those people that firmly believe in lies and try to fight for.  They are more victims of conspirationist, and used by them in any way.

Problem is not really believers, it's all those that knowingly spread those lies because it serves their own purposes. Those are the real culprits behind this. That's what Biden has to go against.

Until yesterday I believed he would just let it die slowly, but now, he knows he'll have to deal with this and cannot let it go free. Some will have to be trialed. Starting with Trump and his whole family. List is quite long on this side.

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This is clear, disturbing video of the moment the woman killed in the U.S. Capitol was shot.  She is with a group of rioters in a stairwell outside "The Speaker's Lobby" and she appears to begin to climb through a broken window to gain entry to the Speaker's Lobby when a shot rings out and she falls backward. I hesitated posting this, but I've seen talk about how she was a peaceful protester shot for no reason.  This video indicates otherwise.  Still, it's not clear where the shot came from.

Be forewarned of its graphic nature.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1346936261014151170/pu/vid/1280x720/JNLeTC-WsM1frnWI.mp4?tag=10

Sucks that her family has to see that for the rest of their lives...but I don't care. What did these people expect exactly? Besides, she'll be turned into a martyr, someone will start a gofund me page and they'll be rich. Cold, I know, but...eh...

The part that caught my attention was the fact that the police gave her medical attention, don't see that at a BLM protest. I would also like to note that as soon as she was shot, all of the other rioters were suddenly thrust into that "Oh ****! This is real!" moment. Should've shot them sooner...

I put my daughter to bed last night and fell asleep with her, as I often do. I am lucky....We are lucky....if this was it. If this was the culmination of 4 years of race baiting and all manner of criminal activity I think we the people got off lucky as hell this was the result. It could have been infinitely worse than a bunch of rabble rousers storming the capitol. It could have been a mass death event.

The results and long term affects of these last 4 years will live on in American politics forever. If we dont want it to be worse next time people need to be punished for their crimes.  Overall I’d consider us lucky it wasn’t worse, and am thankful the nightmare is coming to an end.

Nearly 4:30 a.m. here and I have to be at work at 5. I get go in and be surrounded by Trumpers who will be coming up with all kinds of bull****. It's going to be a practice in patience today I think. Several lines from Airplane come to mind right now. Sigh.

Archived