Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

. . . and he hasn't paid.  

Back when the Russia investigation started, a lot of people were commenting that Trump actually was having trouble finding a lawyer in DC who would represent him.  

One article featured a quote from an unnamed attorney saying "He doesn't pay and he won't listen.  

Something I've always found pretty wild is how this guy with an incredibly rich documented history of stiffing people for bills and throwing loyal people under the bus if it's advantageous to him still manages to get so many people to either take him as a client or work for him in general.

2 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Bowser did call in the national guard to protect the streets (Pentagon approves DC mayor's request to deploy National Guard for upcoming demonstrations - CNNPolitics), and the decision to not arm them had nothing to do with statehood.  There still would've been a delay with their assistance on the Capitol Grounds as the DOD dropped the ball in coordinating with DC. This would've happened even if DC were a state. (Washington D.C.: What took the National Guard so long? | Fortune)

And for the record, I'm pro-statehood for DC.  

I am mistaken about them being deployed then. I also don't understand why they weren't armed. They were basically just called in to direct traffic?

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Who does?

We are seeing now the problem with giving the president jurisdiction over himself.  DC needs statehood.  That couldn't be more clear after yesterday.  They need the power to defend their city.

Even if it was a state the Capital building is on federal land and I dont think DC the state would have anymore jurisdiction than DC the city

3 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I am mistaken about them being deployed then. I also don't understand why they weren't armed. They were basically just called in to direct traffic?

The whole thing was absurd IMO.  These people were openly talking about violence and wearing "MAGA Civil War 1/6/21" shirts, but everyone was afraid of agitating them so the purposely kept security light and then sat around wondering how this all happened.

2 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

The whole thing was absurd IMO.  These people were openly talking about violence and wearing "MAGA Civil War 1/6/21" shirts, but everyone was afraid of agitating them so the purposely kept security light and then sat around wondering how this all happened.

So absurd. They are already agitated. They should've been met with force. Instead they were ushered in.

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Something I've always found pretty wild is how this guy with an incredibly rich documented history of stiffing people for bills and throwing loyal people under the bus if it's advantageous to him still manages to get so many people to either take him as a client or work for him in general.

My boss is still ambiguous about why I wouldn't go back into the dining room with no safety and quit. 

The fantasy football crew sends me their best, and has come to respect my Team. 

Life is good. 

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

CNN - First Tr***p Cabinet Secretary to Resign

Elaine Chao to Resign as Secretary of Transportation

She’s Mitch McConnell’s wife, so it’s likely she feels strongly about Trump whipping a mob into a frenzy and then pointing them towards the Capitol building.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

She’s Mitch McConnell’s wife, so it’s safe to say she likely feels strongly about Trump whipping a mob into a frenzy and then pointing them towards the Capitol building.

What's she worried about? At least her husband has a shell he can safely hide in...what about everyone else?

Just now, Destino said:

She’s Mitch McConnell’s wife, so it’s safe to say she likely feels strongly about Trump whipping a mob into a frenzy and then pointing them towards the Capitol building.

A friend of mine that worked for her passed away in May...I've got 2 other folks on the case, but we can't get details (and I'm usually really good with this kind of thing). 

19 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Bowser did call in the national guard to protect the streets (Pentagon approves DC mayor's request to deploy National Guard for upcoming demonstrations - CNNPolitics), and the decision to not arm them had nothing to do with statehood.  There still would've been a delay with their assistance on the Capitol Grounds as the DOD dropped the ball in coordinating with DC. This would've happened even if DC were a state. (Washington D.C.: What took the National Guard so long? | Fortune)

And for the record, I'm pro-statehood for DC.  

You know re-reading this the problem is still that she can't just call them in unilaterally. She has to get approval from the pentagon. Do States have to get approval from The Pentagon to call in their national guard? Was her request only approved because she said they wouldn't be armed and would essentially only act as traffic control?

You guys have it backwards.  I write this as someone who exposes myself to right and left media.  

You guys have it backwards.  

The MAGA people do believe that Trump sympathizes with their greivances.  We all know that making a living keeps getting harder for the "average American" and it seems like "generic politician" doesn't care.  Did we not just hear Trump attack Joe Biden on how little he has accomplished over 47 years?  If you are a 50 year old white male who is struggling to survive, that resonates with you.  So much so that if you hear enough about the "evil political elites who don't care about America" and believe that politicians are this elite ruling class with no concerns for how hard it is to be the average American you have found the man who will "fight for you".

Let's say you believe immigrants and minorities and "LGBABCD" have way too much political sway or you are a Christian, you won't be joining Bernie Sanders style populism and policies because that aligns with people sympathetic to immigrants, minorities, LGBT and other "weirdos".  I didn't even mention abortion but many are single issue voters. 

It doesn't matter that the MAGA policy is to intentionally burn down America's traditional world leader standard.  That internationalist standard has not made your life any easier.  You may have even fought in some dumb American wars or lost family members. It doesn't matter if Trump enriches himself or his family.  Elite politicians have done that for years.  Why should Trump be different? 

Whether it is immigration destroying America, interventionalism destroying America, global economics destroying America, abortion destroying America... Trump is the first national politician that has taken stances against these traditional political dogmas and the MAGAs genuinely love him for this.  Because globalism (china virus), immigration (build a wall), interventionism (ending foreign wars), political correctness, environmentalism and abortion/anti Christianity are all destroying America. 

But has Trump done much to really deliver on his political promises?  Objectively, not all... but he has done enough and can claim that its everyone blocking him from meeting his political goals (4 years of Russia BS).  

Just like you can discriminate between BLM and antifa so too can you draw a line between your average MAGA and the thugs who stormed the Capitol.  

BLM and antifa don't have the exclusive right to air politcal greivances, in fact the average MAGA believes there has been so much reverse-racism... 

3 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

You know re-reading this the problem is still that she can't just call them in unilaterally. She has to get approval from the pentagon. Do States have to get approval from The Pentagon to call in their national guard? Was her request only approved because she said they wouldn't be armed and would essentially only act as traffic control?

No a governor can activate the national guard without the Pentagon.  So yes Bowser would have been in control of the guard if DC was a state. 

Archived