Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Going to sound like I am coming after you - I am not. It's really the argument that I know you are more offering as a devil's advocate. So please understand my comments are directed at those who truly believe the argument - no you. 

It already comes down to 1 or 2 states. That notion that CA and NY decide everything is just false. If nothing else, they do not have enough votes to make that happen. Look at the difference in votes between biden and bunker boy right now. Is it 10s of Ms? No. It's a few M votes.  

Like I said, i'm not advocating for one or the other, but the system as it is right now was more of a reflection of how it was back then when the country was vastly smaller.  I don't hate the idea of the popular vote being the decider, but I don't think it;s the best barometer. Maybe it is? Maybe there's no other way to come to a satisfying understanding. Bring back the confederacy. 

Right now this feels like early in the 4th quarter of the Dallas/WFT game. You're not overly content with your own team, but you're thoroughly enjoying the meltdown of the other side. At the same time, you're also still not 100% sure it's going to come out the way you want. 

Still, you're feeling good. 

Tell you what, ES fam, this is not the sweep and clear rebuke that I wanted but I'll take a POTUS who is rational and respects norms. I'll take another shot at the Senate in 2022. I'll take a lack of existential terror every day and endless criming. I'll take a serious Covid response and faith in science. I'll take decency.

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That is just a band-aid to bad process. Why electors at all??? Makes no sense. 

The real reason for the electors was to prevent the masses from, being duped by a populist with al ot of money. They failed. 

Again, every other election we have is popular vote. Why is it so hard for people to wrap thier head around president??  Again, zero legitmate rational for electros - of any kind of configuration. 

Remember we're still working it out. Haven't gotten this Democracy/Elections thing down yet. 

The real reason for the electors is it was a better system then what preceded it. (Think we had a process of voting First Choice, Second Choice prior? Or maybe we did runoffs)

All electors voting like Maine/Nebraska might be the next step to a better democracy. Maybe scrapping the EC would be the next step after that.

Its a scientific process that has to be tested. 

1 minute ago, JCB said:

Tell you what, ES fam, this is not the sweep and clear rebuke that I wanted but I'll take a POTUS who is rational and respects norms. I'll take another shot at the Senate in 2022. I'll take a lack of existential terror every day and endless criming. I'll take a serious Covid response and faith in science. I'll take decency.

There's no style points in a "democracy" like ours.

Just shut the orange man the hell up.

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Trump's line of thinking here is along the same line of thinking that if you don't count covid cases, covid goes away.....if you don't count Biden ballots, he wins! It's like dealing with a 3 year old

Archived