Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Somebody cheer me up and tell me why my wife and I shouldn't be worried that the polls are doing something similar to 2016.

1. Polls always tighten ahead of the election

2. 42 million people have already voted

3. National polls don't matter and Joe only realistically has to win PA, MI, and WI while retaining Hillary's states to get to 270 - he's far ahead in all three of those and none of the Hillary states are in doubt

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Biden should have talked Obama into getting out on the campaign trail earlier, but maybe they decided that getting him out there too could cause some burnout?

I understand this sentiment, but you don’t bring Mariano Rivera in in the sixth.

Although I could watch him crush Trump all day everyday. It’s like yoga for me.

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Somebody cheer me up and tell me why my wife and I shouldn't be worried that the polls are doing something similar to 2016.

I think we all have some form of P2016SD. I am keeping my pre-election anxiety down by looking at the fact that the candidate favorables have not budged much at all up to this point. The public fundamentally views Trump as dishonest and incompetent, and has consistently viewed Biden has competent and decent. In 2016, both candidates were viewed as dishonest, which makes this year very different.

It partially helps explain why none of the BS from Trump camp towards Biden has found a way to stick. People just do not trust Trump and those around him.

Every day this year has felt like a century, and who knows what happens prior to Nov 3, but something very radical will need to take place to change the underlying factors to this election. Trump is viewed as dishonest and cruel, and his response to the pandemic has really solidified this view in everyone but the cult members.

America got it very wrong in 2016, but I would like to think this country has enough short-term awareness to self-correct its mistakes.

16 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I understand this sentiment, but you don’t bring Mariano Rivera in in the sixth.

Although I could watch him crush Trump all day everyday. It’s like yoga for me.

Obama's speech yesterday reminded me of when he roasted Trump at the White House Correspondents Dinner, jokey and really biting. Perfect!

Edited to add: Comey's letter about Hillary popped her balloon, there's nothing happening like that this year, nothing Trump and his minions throw at Biden and Harris sticks with voters.

I watched the 60 minutes interview Trump released early, and my impression is that it’s very unbecoming of a grown man, let alone the POTUS, to whine about tough question.  An election is essentially a job interview.  Imagine telling a hiring manager that it’s unfair to ask you tough questions.  It’s sad.  

It’s especially bad this time around because the questions weren’t tough.  There’s nothing especially tough about Trump being asked about rising unemployment claims, hyper partisanship, and the subject of wearing masks.  There are obvious political answers to each, but he doesn’t want to own any of his actions so he can’t answer.  His choosing to try to play dumb is what leaves him flustered.  He could just stand by his actions, and move on.  

Ultimately what he really didn’t like was that the interviewer refused to deem his trumped up Obamagate and Laptop accusations credible.  That’s what made him angry.  He got upset when told they couldn’t be verified and that investigations, by Barr and Senate Republicans turned up nothing.  He really hated that.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

America got it very wrong in 2016, but I would like to think this country has enough short-term awareness to self-correct its mistakes.

As has been said many times, it all comes down to turnout AND voter suppression tactics.

If 40% of the population are willing to vote for Trump for whatever reason and he gets 75% of those to actually vote, i.e. 30% of the electorate actually cast votes for him that are counted, he could win as historically total turnout is around 55% and certainly less than 60%.

For the 60% non-Trump voters to win we need a turnout higher than norms, as 55% of 60% might not cut it with the electoral college, never mind suppression tactics.

It ain't over.

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

I watched the 60 minutes interview Trump released early, and my impression is that it’s very unbecoming of a grown man, let alone the POTUS, to whine about tough question.  An election is essentially a job interview.  Imagine telling a hiring manager that it’s unfair to ask you tough questions.  It’s sad.  

It’s especially bad this time around because the questions weren’t tough.  There’s nothing especially tough about Trump being asked about rising unemployment claims, hyper partisanship, and the subject of wearing masks.  There are obvious political answers to each, but he doesn’t want to own any of his actions so he can’t answer.  His choosing to try to play dumb is what leaves him flustered.  He could just stand by his actions, and move on.  

Ultimately what he really didn’t like was that the interviewer refused to deem his trumped up Obamagate and Laptop accusations credible.  That’s what made him angry.  He got upset when told they couldn’t be verified and that investigations, by Barr and Senate Republicans turned up nothing.  He really hated that.

Yea. I watched the entire thing too. I just do not understand how people can watch that and not think - Dude grow the **** up!!  You are not 12 anymore (my apologies to 12 Y/Os everywhere!)

And those questions were not tough. He just didn't like them. This constant - you don't ask Joe tough questions like these....?  Good grief - again what a ****ing baby!!  I originally tagged him as the Toddler in Chief and I was right. Going to go back to that one. 

What is more astounding is that at least close to 30%, and possibly a lot more, of Americans thinks that is not only acceptable, they want to see more of it!!!  

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

It's men.  Trump is about 50/50 for male voters.  Never been a gender gap like this one.  The alpha males, Christians and hard core GOP are carrying him.... 

Like @Llevronnoted, it's truly wild that the "alpha" males who love to make fun of the "whiny snowflake soy boy libs" are throwing in their lot with a 74 year old man who plays the victim card nonstop, picks (and loses) twitter fights with autistic teenagers, and whines like a spoiled 6 year old.

Well, I for one am interested in Biden finally receiving the hard questions. They have been soft on him so far. What I really want someone to ask him, and this will be very telling...Are you sir, if elected, going to hang Donald's picture when the time comes? Or are you instead going to deny that moment and act like a Seville Orange ****?

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Men who THINK they are alpha males. Them open carry, pansy ass types.

To this point - they are not "alpha males"  They are cowards who hid behind guns hate ands fear to be as mean as they ant to others and blame the other people. The kind of guys who come home and bat their wives becasue they got shut down at work by their boss. 

Again, nothing but cowards and cry babies. 

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I'm just glad I'm spending most of next week in Vegas, because I have this feeling the level of crazy on the political scene is going to reach epic levels. 

I'm not sure Vegas is the place to be if you're trying to separate yourself from the crazies.  Vegas and crazies is like a flame and moths.

I have a feeling that a decent amount of those comments are bots and trolls. You see the same stuff on Twitter. A video of Trump looking like a complete moron is shared and they come out of the woodwork saying "TRUMP is a STRONG leader. They weren't prepared for someone like him! He totally OWNED them!" even though the entire clip was Trump complaining about people being mean to him.

In the words of Silky Johnson, Trump is a markass mark, a trickass mark, a punk ****, a skip skap, skank, and scallywag.

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

As has been said many times, it all comes down to turnout AND voter suppression tactics.

If 40% of the population are willing to vote for Trump for whatever reason and he gets 75% of those to actually vote, i.e. 30% of the electorate actually cast votes for him that are counted, he could win as historically total turnout is around 55% and certainly less than 60%.

For the 60% non-Trump voters to win we need a turnout higher than norms, as 55% of 60% might not cut it with the electoral college, never mind suppression tactics.

It ain't over.

538 is estimating that turnout is between 154-165 million people this year. It was 137 million in 2016.

Still unclear to me who is clearly favored in a super high turnout election. Stuff like that is hard to model in a country of low information voters.

The fact that they can’t point to anything specific that was wrong with the interview other than the fact a respected journalist didn’t accept Trump conspiracy accusations as fact is all you need to know.  Unlike them, I have no trouble pointing out where trump is lying.  One example (of many), is that he claims he doesn’t like to get personally involved with what his AG does.  My evidence are his own words on Fox demanding the AG act fast and before the election.  The interviewer should have skewered him for that lie, but chose not to.

I hope Joe Biden has them play Metallica’s King Nothing when he walks out on stage tonight.  

Archived