Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Message added by TK,

The Colorado Uniform Election Code protects the safety and security of Colorado’s voting process, ballots, and voters. Intimidating a voter is a crime under both federal and Colorado law. Colorado law provides that voter intimidation occurs when a person— either directly, indirectly, or through another person acting on his/her behalf—acts to: (1) interfere, impede, or prevent the free exercise of voting by any elector; or (2) compel, induce, or pressure an elector to (a) vote, (b) refrain from voting, or (c) vote for or against a particular candidate or ballot initiative. Voter intimidation is a misdemeanor offense—enforceable by the State’s district attorneys and attorney general—punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, up to one year imprisonment, or both.

https://coag.gov/app/uploads/2020/10/Public-Advisory-Voter-Intimidation-10.19.2020.pdf

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thanks 3

Considering the debate is tonight, and Trump is almost surely going to bring up the Hunter Biden laptop, I am guessing something else about it will drop in the next few hours for Trump to parrot tonight.   Problem is, it isn't working. It isn't moving the needle.

Trump keeps waiting for his "Comey re-opening Hillary email investigation" hail mary to come, except it's not coming this time, so he is trying to have his cronies just make stuff up to mimic the effect Comey had in 2016.  Problem is, Biden doesn't have that same unfavourability that Hillary did which led to more people likely falling for it or at least believing something dirty being possible.

Even Radcliffe tried to falsely add into the report about Russia & Iran interfering with the elections report that it was "to hurt Trump" he blatantly made that part up.  

Just now, redskinss said:

Somebody cheer me up and tell me why my wife and I shouldn't be worried that the polls are doing something similar to 2016.

They key difference (so far) is that in 2016 the battleground state polls kept creeping closer and closer towards the election.  The national polls were actually pretty accurate, it was the individual battleground states that ended up within the margin of error and Trump took all of them.  So far it is not trending like that this time around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Somebody cheer me up and tell me why my wife and I shouldn't be worried that the polls are doing something similar to 2016.

They aren't doing what happened in 2016. Hillary opened with a big lead in 2016 and the race tightened 3 times, the third being a few days before the election. Since June 1, this race has tightened 0 times. The voters just aren't budging. The National polling average continues to be high for Biden and we're at a  point where obsessing over individual states becomes much less an issue. The fact that Texas, Iowa and Ohio are competitive AND Biden has a legitimate shot at winning at least one of them is outstanding.

Just vote, baby! 

Better? 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Oh man, their gonna try and pull the infamous "Tuck Rule" for Ghouliani? Just lost Raider Nation for sure...........

67b909b3382cc96b53046f9bd4c31987.jpg

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yeah I cannot fathom how this is legal. A landlord literally threatening to DOUBLE his tenants' rent if his candidate of choice loses. If it's not voter intimidation there must be some sort of state rental rules that it violates. His claim that it will only go up because all sorts of other things will become more expensive is obviously him trying to cover his ass but it's ludicrous on its face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
17 minutes ago, redskinss said:

In addition to what Doyler said, 3 more points.  1) The Comey news 11 days before the election in 2016 shifted the polls late and 2) in 2016, pollsters were generally not weighting by education level, which they now are, and 3) in 2016 there were a lot of undecided voters, which ended up breaking for Trump, the guy that was gonna shake things up and how bad can he be and he'll grow into the job, by a significant margin.  This year, there are very few undecided voters because Trump is so polarizing.   

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I would also add that the main issue was under-represented groups like non-college educated whites. They have reportedly adjusted. 

Also, I posted a comparison done by The Progressive Voice that took the delta shift in polls from this time in 2016 (actually a week ago) and the final polls and overlaid those to this year and Biden still wins by a very safe margin. 

• Like 3

I love that Trump thinks "Hunter Biden was set to make millions off China" is a great closing argument to his campaign considering Biden could very easily point out Ivanka right now securing millions in deals in China, not to mention Donald Trump's own Chinese bank account where he is making millions in business deals after he became President.   You can't really make this stuff up.  I just hope Biden, when confronted with the Hunter stuff, doesn't just get angry and snap back to leave his family alone, but also brings up the sheer hypocrisy of it all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Can you imagine how a trump administration who have no elections left to win will act?

Scary just to think about. 

Well if he wins a 2nd term the next election will probably be all about Ivanka running so they'll keep it up trying to get her elected.  And campaign rallies seem to be the only thing he really enjoys about all this.  

1 minute ago, drowland said:

Well if he wins a 2nd term the next election will probably be all about Ivanka running so they'll keep it up trying to get her elected.  And campaign rallies seem to be the only thing he really enjoys about all this.  

Does anyone here remember that Trump has been floating that he should get four more years in 2024 due to the Democrats impeding things for the past four years?

If he wins in November, he will really start pushing it.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, michiskin said:

Does anyone here remember that Trump has been floating that he should get four more years in 2024 due to the Democrats impeding things for the past four years?

Oh, i seem to recall saying something like that.

~Bangin' that drum for several years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, michiskin said:

This is exactly where he will go next. He wins now he will start pushing for a 3rd term. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

lol @ Trump somehow thinking those 60 minutes clips he's putting out there make him look good

Dude legit lives in an alternate universe. 

It's amazing how one person can be so clueless and yet think they have it all together. 

She needed to ask him to review the differences in his plan and the ACA.  

• Like 2

I hate how trump tries to use "niceties" to shield himself from accountability. We have a serious problem in this country with people who have no character whatsoever that try to hold other people hostage to standards they never can abide by themselves. Standards are purely a vehicle of convenience for them that only gets trotted out when they think they're the victim as they complain to high heaven about civility and being nice, while in the midst of a negative peace. **** them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Fresh8686 said:

I hate how trump tries to use "niceties" to shield himself from accountability. We have a serious problem in this country with people who have no character whatsoever that try to hold other people hostage to standards they never can abide by themselves. Standards are purely a vehicle of convenience for them that only gets trotted out when they think they're the victim as they complain to high heaven about civility and being nice, while in the midst of a negative peace. **** them.

I agree. So-called Christians sure don't act in a Christ like manner. That the Evangelicals have glommed onto Trump and the rest of the Republicans is so antethical to what I learned as a child.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In addition to what Doyler said, 3 more points.  1) The Comey news 11 days before the election in 2016 shifted the polls late and 2) in 2016, pollsters were generally not weighting by education level, which they now are, and 3) in 2016 there were a lot of undecided voters, which ended up breaking for Trump, the guy that was gonna shake things up and how bad can he be and he'll grow into the job, by a significant margin.  This year, there are very few undecided voters because Trump is so polarizing.   

I heard this morning on one of the early talk shows - a guy who specializes in analyzing the polls (not Kornacki) - he said the big difference now is that Biden is polling OVER 50% in the polls where he's currently holding a lead. In 2016, Clinton never polled over 50% - it was always Clinton 4x% & Trump 4x% - neither of them polled over 50%. 

• Like 4
  • Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread