Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I lived in LA for a stretch in the early 2000s. Scientology was the hot ticket during that time period. Trumpism reminds me a lot of that.

Scientologists believe in werewolf creatures from outer space, and Trumpers believe that Trump is a truth teller and that Dems are a bunch of child sex traffickers. Not sure which view is more insane.

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I lived in LA for a stretch in the early 2000s. Scientology was the hot ticket during that time period. Trumpism reminds me a lot of that.

Scientologists believe in werewolf creatures from outer space, and Trumpers believe that Trump is a truth teller and that Dems are a bunch of child sex traffickers. Not sure which view is more insane.

All of the above. 

i'll try to capture one of those 'trump-voter' talks with this one guy---the theme was about 'what's on the facebook oage of these voters'

this one was a white dude, 30-40, garden variety human appearance

i only saw/heard a bit of it all but this part of his was one of couple easy to remember: reporter sees the fake vid of biden 'falling asleep' at some appearance (heard of this, never saw it, didn't care) on dude's page and that he's shared it a ton and asks about its impact on him and the dude goes like a trumpster on it and then the reporter tells him it's fake and the dude laughs off reporter and dismisses the idea, then the reporter proves it to him (i missed how) in a manner that actually left the voter accepting the evidence...wow, right?...except then when pressed by reporter for a bottom line re: what just occurred, the trump guy say "well, what do you know about that, but it was a good laugh...it was a great laugh...a great laugh...like i said i sure believe it could have happened'....and repeated that after one more press from the reporter

that's typcial..i find trump supporters a demographic that consistently serves excellent arguments for their own extinction from the ecosphere

1 hour ago, visionary said:

JFC.

Pimping a useless executive order/plan that protects pre-existing conditions while simultaneously suing to dismantle the law that provides those protections.

Pimping a ludicrous "Platinum Plan" (WTF?) for black communities that claims to call for diversity training for cops while simultaneously forcing a halt to the same type of training.

What's next? An executive order that says all people credibly accused of sexual assault must do jail time and pay civil fines?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think an Executive Order is binding on private businesses. In other words, Trump saying an order declaring pre-existing conditions will be covered means squat. After four years, I think Trump doesn't know the difference between and Executive Order and a royal decree. 

More, as pointed out, Trump is going to court precisely to undo what he says he wants to do. The number of conflicting things Trump demands his supporters believe simultaneously is ridiculous. That they seem too is astounding.

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Oh so now, 3 years and 11 months into his term, Trump is all of a sudden going all policy wonk on us? **** that Donny, you ain't fooling anybody.

But dude...it's the Platinum Plan. 

voCmPx.gif

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I would not be surprised if Trump just reskins the graphics on the ACA website to orange and rebrands it Trumpcare, I listened to his plan last night and I'm suspicious he is going to build off the current marketplace for his health plan.

He did the exact same **** with NAFTA. Basically repackaged it with a couple of tweaks, renamed it, and sold it as his own. And there's about a .5% chance that any of his base have actually read it or NAFTA so they just go along with it when he claims it's new and different and better than anything in the history of the universe. 

I feel like the lines for early voting is a good sign for Dems. I think so much has been publicized with the mail and dems are so riled up, that Dems are out early to make sure Biden wins. I maybe im hoping this is true so I can get to sleep at night which has been problematic lately. 

I can definitely be wrong, but I feel like Democratic voter-turnout is gonna smash on Republicans in most cases. These idiots have been using fear to get their base to go out and vote, but they don't realize that they are doing the same things to the Dems with they're consistently escalating acts of extremism and partisanship.

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So should I delete the alt twitter account I have that I just use to laugh at qanon and maga idiots and throw conspiracy and fantasy busting facts in their faces?

Cuz I'm out here on the frontlines fighting the good fight. You're telling me there is another way?

Gonna need some screenshots, Mama.

1 hour ago, The Gibber said:

I feel like the lines for early voting is a good sign for Dems. I think so much has been publicized with the mail and dems are so riled up, that Dems are out early to make sure Biden wins. I maybe im hoping this is true so I can get to sleep at night which has been problematic lately. 

Problem is, almost every one of the people in those lines is simply a vote that would have gone to Biden on election day, anyway.  

Can't extrapolate from "five times as many people voted, first day", to "five times as many people will vote, total".  

Now, if some reporter were to walk down the line, and they find out that say 10% of the people in line, didn't vote in 2016, then that would be a huge indicator.  (But I'm not sure they can do that.)  

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Got our ballots in the mail today.  Will probably mail them back by Monday.  Plenty of time to make sure they get there.

My election office actually lets me track my ballot.  

• Ballot mailed out
  • Ballot received in the office
  • Ballot has been verified and accepted and is going to be counted.
  • (Or, ballot has been rejected for some problem.)  
  • Ballot has been counted.  (Will only happen after election day.)  

Archived