Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

It's a big story in regular times, but will have no bearing on the election. People who will vote for trump are still going to vote for him. There's no changing that, no matter what. That's why I don't understand why anyone cares about the debates. Everyone's minds are made up already.

Need to focus all attention on making sure voting suppression is minimal and every vote is counted. That's all thats going to end this misery

On 9/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, visionary said:

Diamond and Silk back again?

On 9/25/2020 at 12:47 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

MommaThereGoesThatMAGA?

I’m glad to be in a swing state this year. If we can turn NC blue, Biden wins. Early voting in a couple weeks.

Me too! Also in NC and voting for Joe. This will be my son's first Presidential election he can vote in (he's only 20), and he's all excited to be voting. He's got this group with his college friends helping other students get registered. He said almost all his friends are voting for Joe too. I really hope those kids come out in droves in November because we're gonna need a much bigger turnout this time around to get rid of that jackass and turn NC BLUE!

PS- My daughter is 23 and she's voting for Joe too. 

12 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

70 K write-off for hair styling...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Eagerly awaiting the Lincoln Project ad on THAT tidbit. 

How is that even possible? Dude doesn't have hair except for that part time weave on his head.

^^^ If Biden wants to appear to be a man of the people, he shouldn't remind the people that 1/3 of the money he made and paid in taxes is more than many Americans will make in their lifetimes.  Let's not pretend that paying 5.2 million in taxes BECAUSE YOU MADE 15.6 MILLION is some badge of honor and makes you relatable.  Ol' uncle Joe, just like the rest of us.

People are going to take from this what they will:  Those who hate Trump are going to seize on it and be happy their suspicions were correct.  Those who want to vote for him because they want to stick it to the liberals are still going to vote for him.  Some people will applaud him for paying so little in taxes.  Others will be disgusted.  No minds will be changed.  If people still want to vote for this guy after 200k are dead on his watch, paying hardly anything in taxes isn't going to convince them otherwise.  

No one should take their eye off the ball.  This ****sucker isn't leaving office if he gets beat in the election.  He's going to do his best to screw over Biden and the American people.  

Will be interesting to see if Chris Wallace just totally ignores this news for the debate, considering it will be broadcast across the board likely non-stop for next 48 hours.  I think I might have read somewhere that the debate topics were set, but I am sure if Wallace is unwilling to approach this topic, there will be openings for Biden to refence it if not fully dive into it while answering a question about something else.   

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

^^^ If Biden wants to appear to be a man of the people, he shouldn't remind the people that 1/3 of the money he made and paid in taxes is more than many Americans will make in their lifetimes.  Let's not pretend that paying 5.2 million in taxes BECAUSE YOU MADE 15.6 MILLION is some badge of honor and makes you relatable.  Ol' uncle Joe, just like the rest of us.  

And this is why a lot of people view the Dems (as a party, not each individual elected Dem) as only really able to go after this issue half-****ed.  Most of them that are wealthy are liking using the same or similar methods to lower their tax burden.

For me, it is a shame this news didn't break earlier in the election cycle, during the actual primary.  Why?  Because this story to me shows that Trump tax fraud is simply one sliver of what is going on out there in the world.  The bigger story is how rigged the system itself is in aiding the wealthy in shielding their taxable income.  How they are hand-held through the entire process in ways to cheat the system, meanwhile your average American is called a drain on society because they need help during a pandemic due to losing their job.    

Yes, Trump is a MFN fraudster and liar and all that, but there are many "Trumps" out there doing this same thing, and until the rules themselves are changed, acting like Trump losing the election and putting Biden in there will force systematic change? Ehhhh...................

P.S. Definitely not an endorsement for not voting for Biden.  Simply saying this issue is so much bigger than one person.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

And this is why a lot of people view the Dems (as a party, not each individual elected Dem) as only really able to go after this issue half-****ed.  Most of them that are wealthy are liking using the same or similar methods to lower their tax burden.

For me, it is a shame this news didn't break earlier in the election cycle, during the actual primary.  Why?  Because this story to me shows that Trump tax fraud is simply one sliver of what is going on out there in the world.  The bigger story is how rigged the system itself is in aiding the wealthy in shielding their taxable income.  How they are hand-held through the entire process in ways to cheat the system, meanwhile your average American is called a drain on society because they need help during a pandemic due to losing their job.    

Yes, Trump is a MFN fraudster and liar and all that, but there are many "Trumps" out there doing this same thing, and until the rules themselves are changed, acting like Trump losing the election and putting Biden in there will force systematic change? Ehhhh...................

P.S. Definitely not an endorsement for not voting for Biden.  Simply saying this issue is so much bigger than one person.

Somewhere along the line, it's started to feel as if we work for them and not the other way around.  I know that's totally cynical but I can't really help it.

I agree with the rest of your post, definitely.  But no one should be surprised in how rigged the system is in aiding the wealthy in shielding taxable income, almost all of them to this.  And there's nothing that we can really do about it because those in power who make the rules that they can skirt and find loopholes in are the ones benefitting from it.  

Archived