Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

50 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Skins should let the Browns have Pryor back.  Glad they brought back Harris.  He catches the balls thrown to him.  He is a hungry player and Cousins needs to throw some balls his way when Harris gets on the field.  Last year Harris looked good too.

Pryor had a couple key catches against the 'Hawks.  Take him away and maybe they lose

55 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Yes.  Also the field is longer and have end zones the size of a decent plot of land. I figure in the end zone of the teams we have up here, you could fit too nice size houses.  Small but nice.  

On on a serious note, that is a great point as to why the game does not correlate from CFL to NFL especially returning kicks.  A lot of the highlight real returns in the CFL take use of the width of the field.  

Thats why some players are made for the CFL.  

The mighty midget could still do better here on this team considering the returners we have. I'd say rub him down with some Canadian Bacon and let diminutive Moose loose.

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Skins should let the Browns have Pryor back.  Glad they brought back Harris.  He catches the balls thrown to him.  He is a hungry player and Cousins needs to throw some balls his way when Harris gets on the field.  Last year Harris looked good too.

The crazy thing is, Pryor has been so unproductive, Harris coming off the PS doesnt really have to do much to be as productive as him.

3 hours ago, carex said:

Pryor had a couple key catches against the 'Hawks.  Take him away and maybe they lose

Or maybe somebody else makes them in his place.

3 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

The mighty midget could still do better here on this team considering the returners we have. I'd say rub him down with some Canadian Bacon and let diminutive Moose loose.

He became less effective as a PR every year he was here, but he really fumbled his way out of the league more than anything.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He became less effective as a PR every year he was here, but he really fumbled his way out of the league more than anything.

If he could have fumbled less he might have had something with decent blocking, but boy he certainly continued a recent history of return suckage. Remember the dancing after the catch only to get demolished, lol.  

Doctson is starting to slowly show his skills.  Him falling down in the endzone when making the cut was unfortunate, but for the most part he is making catches when the ball is thrown to him. He was blasted over the middle today and still held onto the ball.  He also worked his way wide open and if the ball is thrown to him. Easy TD.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Doctson is starting to slowly show his skills.  Him falling down in the endzone when making the cut was unfortunate, but for the most part he is making catches when the ball is thrown to him. He was blasted over the middle today and still held onto the ball.  He also worked his way wide open and if the ball is thrown to him. Easy TD.

They need to give him more opportunities.  I agree

Pryor with zero targets.  I'm curious to see the snap count, cuz Harris was out there a lot after Grant went out.  But Harris made the most of his snaps.

I'd love to look at the all-22 of these games, cuz Kirk doesnt even seem to be looking Pryor's way unless he absolutely has to.  Anybody else comes in the game, they're peppered with targets 

But I noticed some of the routes they have Pryor run are curious. It's a lot of underneath stuff, with Crowder going downfield.  I would think it would be the opposite.

1 hour ago, benskins26 said:

Seriously, what happened to that guy? When did he become andre roberts? 

He's having a rough year. I certainly wouldn't give up on him though. He was getting open today, just couldn't hold onto the ball to save his life. Considering the fact that we let Garcon and Jackson walk we really couldn't afford for Crowder to have a down year. But here we are. 

13 hours ago, sebestian said:

Yes.  Also the field is longer and have end zones the size of a decent plot of land. I figure in the end zone of the teams we have up here, you could fit too nice size houses.  Small but nice. 

Yeah I'm sure you could fit a couple houses in the end zone but jeez bro, you guys have small houses up there near the North Pole:

0dacebb80e763c6d5a78338a2293e66c.jpg

I think Crowder is having a year where he just can't stay healthy. I think he is trying to be a gamer, but pain is taking just enough away from his concentration that he keeps dropping balls he'd normally catch or fumbling balls when he has no history of doing that before. Some players can play with pain. Heck, it seemed like Gary Clark never played a game without an injured hamstring. Crowder just doesn't seem right. For much of the season, he also just wasn't getting targeted either.

If Pryor does nothing the rest of the season but continue to make the transition to WR, and we are able to get him to sign a long term deal for alot less money, would everyone really be so opposed to it?

Maybe the coaching staff is thinking long term and not ready to give up on his potential.  The transition is taking longer than expected, but his lack of plays means he'll be way cheaper to resign.  We're still a more attractive option than Cleveland.  Maybe they've had discussions with him already about "hey your not there yet, we gave you the chance but clearly you need more time to learn the position.  Sign a 2 or 3 year deal with us in the off season and continue to develop and you'll be given a fair opportunity to work your way back into the lineup.

I just don't think him being gone is a sure thing.  Yes he's been dissappointing, but its not like hes been a bad teammate or a media distraction.  He's clearly a hard worker who just bit off more than he can chew.  Our mistake was relying on him to be a number 1 out of the gate, but I blame that on the front office. 

I'd have no problem keeping a guy with his measurables on the roster for his potential alone.  He's far from a finished product and giving up on him this early would be a mistake.  This type of transition isn't something that happens at the NFL level, like ever.  There's no set timetable for this type of thing.  I think we as fans just need to adjust our expectations and treat him as what he is,  a lottery ticket with high upside.  Thinking it would be a seamless, instant transition is an unrealistic expectation.  Hopefully the coaches have a little more patience in this regard than the fanbase. 

The way his season has played out, he has to know he's not going to get the payday he wants in free agency.  Why not stay with the same team another year and continue to develop?  I would think continuity and repetition in the same system would be the best way for him to continue developing, and I would trust him to know that.  Just because he's not a number 1 right now doesn't mean he can't contribute down the line or make the team better, even if its as a role player early on.

The lack of a trade to the Browns suggests to me that the coaching staff and front office has shifted gears into possibly seeing him as a long term investment as opposed to a immediate contributor.

I would let Grant and Pryor walk, re-sign Quick, and tender (or extend) Harris.  Look to the draft and UDFA for a couple of guys that can compete with Davis (the receiver).  

Nothing against Grant really, Injust think Quick and Harris can fill his role for less money.  

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

Harris proved himself last year and in TC.  I was never sure why he was banished to the PS this year, other than a numbers game.  But to me, you cut someone like Quick first.

Exactly, and the rumor is he may have the best hands of any WR.  it kind of makes me wonder if this coaching staff is actually playing the best players.  They cut Brown and now Kelly is hurt again and out.  Never gave this guy a chance really.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:41 PM, VeroViper said:

He's having a rough year. I certainly wouldn't give up on him though. He was getting open today, just couldn't hold onto the ball to save his life. Considering the fact that we let Garcon and Jackson walk we really couldn't afford for Crowder to have a down year. But here we are. 

maybe it's because during camp he spent more time working as one of the outside receivers

On 11/12/2017 at 7:15 PM, benskins26 said:

Seriously, what happened to that guy? When did he become andre roberts? 

You're talkin about Crowder ?

At first I thought you were referring to Pryor. Would make more sense.

13 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Honestly, this team should stand pat at WR after Pryor walks...

Doctson is promising, Grant is consistent, Quick is another competent big body, Crowder is very solid in the slot, and Harris has plenty of upside. Keep building the lines and defense and let Cousins continue to develop chemistry with these guys. 

You may be able to throw Robert Davis in there too

Archived