Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

I think I am more uncertain than most. We have a group of high potential, but can they realize it.

Doctson is all but a rookie. Pryor is still learning to be a receiver, but has had one very good year. Reed is great, but is fragile. Crowder is very, very good as well. Maurice Harris has really sticky hands. I don't know that much about the others.

It's a group that could be great, but we don't know how long it will take for them to get a feel for each other and this system.

Considering our #3 receiving option is Jamison Crowder, and our #4 is Josh Doctson, I feel pretty good.  Jamison Crowder is already proven as one of the best slot receivers in only his 3rd year.  Terelle Pryors massive year with the horrid QB situation in Cleveland, after JUST switching to WR speaks to how much potential he has, and I absolutely think that if Doctson stays healthy he will be a superstar in the NFL.  Throw in Jordan Reed and I feel really really good about our receivers.

Wonder how many they can get on the field on the same play without getting Cousins killed? Like I said in my poll, this "could" be on the par of the greatest show on Turf aka Rams with Cousins being potentially a BETTER Kurt Warner. I don't think thats too far a stretch. Speed/Size and catch radius of our guys is going to be scary. Need the Oline to give time!

I'm pumped..better that Monk and the Smurfs

6 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

this "could" be on the par of the greatest show on Turf aka Rams with Cousins being potentially a BETTER Kurt Warner.[...]I'm pumped..better that Monk and the Smurfs

I'll have what he's having. 

nGWkonfDprXULiPW7PWRXt-Ga9we000EqbjV3uRS

We have a couple of question marks, but I think we've got a ton of talent, and we're VERY deep here. If Pryor and Doctson are as advertised, we have a dominant WR core. I think Grant is gone, Harris is much better than he is. Quick (from the Rams) as a 4th or 5th option will kill a 4th CB. Guys are going to be cut from this group that can play in the NFL. Which is a nice problem to have.

I think it all hinges on Doctson. If he can produce at a high level we have an excellent WR group. If not probably just average with the loss of Jackson & Garcon. I think we know we're getting a good to very good receiver in Pryor.

7 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Wonder how many they can get on the field on the same play without getting Cousins killed? Like I said in my poll, this "could" be on the par of the greatest show on Turf aka Rams with Cousins being potentially a BETTER Kurt Warner. I don't think thats too far a stretch. Speed/Size and catch radius of our guys is going to be scary. Need the Oline to give time!

I'm pumped..better that Monk and the Smurfs

Sure, if you're assuming that one of our late to undrafted RBs, suddenly turns into one of the all time greatest AP backs the leagues ever seen, than that comparison is legit.

Interestingly enough, Cowboys fans generally think the Skins have cobbled together a really good receiving corp...Pryor is seen as legit, Doctson as probably will be, Crowder and Reed as studs, Davis as very good #2, and even Quick gets respect. They think far less of the Giants' receivers (especially Marshall) and even their own lol...they like what the Eagles did to their receiving corps but marginalized Wentz' ability to be any good so it won't matter. I think they're still a bit spooked by what damage the Redskins' offense can do to their secondary.

We have question marks at our top two WR positions--can Pryor do it for more than one year, can Doctson do it at all--but I'm still incredibly optimistic about this group.

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sure, if you're assuming that one of our late to undrafted RBs, suddenly turns into one of the all time greatest AP backs the leagues ever seen, than that comparison is legit.

That's why I said to get 5 (or more) of the receiving core out there like going back to Gibbs H-Back with Davis/Quick. sans a RB. If you are throwing the ball you don't need a RB to run behind the line of scrimage...just thinking out loud on the problems these guys would give a secondary...

Doctson has a lot to prove and pryor has a bit to prove. 

Lots of potential. We may not have the 1-2 name combo like other teams, but I bet by years end our receiving core will be near the top in production.

I am glad we moved on from older, established wide recievers and moved to cheaper guys with more potential. Pryor is going to have a big year imo. 

I'm both excited and a little bit concerned about some of the quotes from the presser regarding getting used to these bigger receivers. 

Pryor seems like a great example for this group, Doctson, Harris and Davis in particular.  

Wonder how often we'll see Crowder on the outside. 

I'm very optimistic about our WR corps. I think Doctson will be a star and Pryor will be damn good. But the guy I'm really high on is Crowder. I see glimpses of Antonio Brown in his game and the 3rd year is when guys typically take that next step into stardom, like Reed in 2015. Speaking of which, yeah of course we still have Reed who is basically a WR in a TE's body.

I think our red zone efficiency will be much better this year and we won't lose much in terms of YAC or moving the chains. The one thing we will probably lose out on is that quick strike score capability without Jackson but Pryor and Doctson are both explosive in their own right.

Lot of potential there, but nothing is certain. However, I feel very confident about the group. 

I think Pryor can exceed what Garcon was giving us. We lose some deep threat with the loss of DJax, but Doctson in limited time showed he can get open deep, same with Crowder. They won't replicate DJax though. But, between the 20s Kirk is going to make receivers look good. The offense with this group of WRs will continue to move the ball well. Where the offense can excel is the redzone now that we have big, jump ball WRs. Add to that if Perine steps up IMO we have a goalline threat at RB finally. Lots of potential. If the team realizes it, the offense could be spectacular.

Never felt this good about our receiving core (I'm young, so i'm going with what I've seen in person).  I agree that the potential is there, but I also believe their size will make up for their deficiencies.  My eye is on Quick, because he could be going up against dime corners in isolation and be posting people up.  At least that's my hope.

Archived