Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

17 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Dyslexic  too?

P-o-t-e-n-t-i-a-l = possible

M-e-t-r-i-c-s =  On Paper (ie) Not yet executed on the field

Now you can re-read my comments and put them in context.

I do not want this to continue this nasty tone, really I don't.  And I totally understand that I started it with my "embarrassing" comment and I apologize for that.  However I need to point out that if metrics determined performance Keith Marshall would have been our starting running back seeing as he is big and really fast.  Football is more than just size and speed.

In your initial post you claimed this group could be on par with the Rams and Monk, Clark and Sanders.  You also said Kirk could  potentially be better than Kurt Warner, then followed these claims with "I don't think that's too far a stretch".  Sorry Hangman but that is a stretch.  As I said I like Pryor a lot but he is far from Art Monk or Issac Bruce. I loved the Doctson pick and still love his potential but as of today he has proven nothing.  I also need to point out that during that short window of time nobody in the history of the game threw the ball better than Kurt Warner.  He is a borderline Hall of Famer based almost entirely on those 3 amazing seasons alone.  To claim that it's not a stretch to predict that Kirk will exceed that level is beyond a stretch and entering pipe dream territory.  And I'm a Kirk guy.

Comparing this group that has done absolutely nothing to the GSOT and the best group we've ever had, is absolutely an embarrassing stretch. Its completely absurd.

Sure, optimism is great and yes, potentially anything is possible, but its still ridiculous and deserving of ridicule.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Comparing this group that has done absolutely nothing to the GSOT and the best group we've ever had, is absolutely an embarrassing stretch. Its completely absurd.

Sure, optimism is great and yes, potentially anything is possible, but its still ridiculous and deserving of ridicule.

Yeah that was kind of my take.  I'm all for optimism but when fans post outrageous claims and then get upset when called on it, well it's the main reason I don't post here often.  Too many homers with unrealistic takes. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

However I need to point out that if metrics determined performance Keith Marshall would have been our starting running back seeing as he is big and really fast.  Football is more than just size and speed.

That is WHY *I* said POTENTIAL....

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

In your initial post you claimed this group could be on par with the Rams and Monk, Clark and Sanders.  You also said Kirk could  potentially be better than Kurt Warner, then followed these claims with "I don't think that's too far a stretch".  Sorry Hangman but that is a stretch (In YOUR OPINION-What makes yours right and mine wrong? You already admitted you were ignorant of Pryer's speed relative to Jackson so- SO FAR your track record is spotty).  As I said I like Pryor a lot but he is far from Art Monk or Issac Bruce (Right--he's FASTER, BIGGER and a Former QB who understands more of the route concepts). I loved the Doctson pick and still love his potential but as of today he has proven nothing.  I also need to point out that during that short window of time nobody in the history of the game threw the ball better than Kurt Warner (SAY WHAT??? THAT was Martz confusing the D with something NEW....Like RGIII and READ OPTION MATBE???).  He is a borderline Hall of Famer based almost entirely on those 3 amazing seasons alone (HE IS A HOF in 2017, ANOTHER ERROR).  To claim that it's not a stretch to predict that Kirk will exceed that level is beyond a stretch and entering pipe dream territory.  And I'm a Kirk guy.

OK..TWO errors on record. You Quoted me correctly! I too don't want to get into a pissin match. What we have hear is a failure to communicate. But *I* would appreciate you understanding POTENTIAL to Reality and Potential is not realized without performance on the field and again ..I said Potential.

17 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah that was kind of my take.  I'm all for optimism but when fans post outrageous claims and then get upset when called on it, well it's the main reason I don't post here often.  Too many homers with unrealistic takes. 

I do it myself. Last season I was comparing us to the GSOT also. I even said Matt Jones was going to be a bigger, more physical Faulk. Ive said Pryor will be top 3 and R Moss 2.0. However, I was really wrong last year and deserved more ridicule than I got and my comment about Pryor has more to do with my lack of faith in Reed staying healthy, having no WR2 and Kirk having a habit of locking on to receivers for games at a time.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

In your opinion. The Smurfs were partly a function of Gibb's NEW H-Back scheme and HUGE OL again a NEW paradigm. Martz WAS the GSOT in *my* opinion. All you keyboard geniuses are embarrassing, ridiculous and deserving of ridicule IMHO

10 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

That is WHY *I* said POTENTIAL....

OK..TWO errors on record. You Quoted me correctly! I too don't want to get into a pissin match. What we have hear is a failure to communicate. But *I* would appreciate you understanding POTENTIAL to Reality and Potential is not realized without performance on the field and again ..I said Potential.

I understand you used the word potential.  I just think that it is unrealistic to say they have this sort of potential for the reasons I and others have already posted.

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

In your opinion. The Smurfs were partly a function of Gibb's NEW H-Back scheme and HUGE OL again a NEW paradigm. Martz WAS the GSOT in *my* opinion. All you keyboard geniuses are embarrassing, ridiculous and deserving of ridicule IMHO

You're not using a keyboard? 

Cautiously optimistic about our receiving corps.  Pryor, in one season, had already proven himself as a very capable #1WR.  Doctson has been getting great(albeit very early) reviews, and oh yeah, we also have some dude named Jamison Crowder, who might end up being the best of the bunch.  Add Reed and Davis at TE, and our offense(passing offense, at least) can be very good.

Too many folks...... giphy.gif

Let's see how the season goes, Doc or Harris IMO have the chance to be a solid set of starters but either could fall flat. Crowder is already good. How Pryor fits in or gets used is still up to Jay. Potential, I've seen it before, sometimes it just never materialized. Certainly can't lump this group in with what is an accomplished, bejeweled group of Monk, Clark and Sanders. 

Only OTAs but @TerrellePryor has been impressive and @JDoc_son looks healthy. Very healthy.

Instant analysis: #Redskins WR unit is BIG.

4 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Door's unlocked.  If you want to mock everyone on the board, then why are you here?

And I agree with all your points.  Just don't be a dick about it.

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

It has nothing to do with optimism but reality.  The reality is both Garcon and DJax will be over 30, that is not necessarily a bad thing.  What is and where some of us have much more confident in this year's group is that between them they caught just 7 TD passes.  Seriously think about that.  In fact I heard we had 190 less yards as a total offense than the Falcons and yet they scored 22 more TDs.  I see Pryor and Doctson getting at least twice as many TDs which will make our offense much better even if they don't catch over 2000 yards like Djax and Garcon.

On 2017-5-31 at 10:42 AM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Don't bother, I didn't recognize the cognitive impairment until now. I'll be more understanding from now on.

Last season, Cousins was throwing downfield to 5-foot-10 DeSean Jackson. Now it’s the 6-foot-4 Pryor. Jackson once ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 seconds; Pryor once ran it in 4.38 seconds.

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/31452/terrelle-pryor-kirk-cousins-still-adapting-to-his-size-and-speed

Worth saying that when Pryor ran that 4.38 40 he did at 232lbs. He's listed at 223lb now.

6 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

All you keyboard geniuses are embarrassing, ridiculous and deserving of ridicule IMHO

Please feel free to attack their ideas and logic. But if anyone starts ridiculing anyone personally that will lead to time off.

2 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

It has nothing to do with optimism but reality.  The reality is both Garcon and DJax will be over 30, that is not necessarily a bad thing.  What is and where some of us have much more confident in this year's group is that between them they caught just 7 TD passes.  Seriously think about that.  In fact I heard we had 190 less yards as a total offense than the Falcons and yet they scored 22 more TDs.  I see Pryor and Doctson getting at least twice as many TDs which will make our offense much better even if they don't catch over 2000 yards like Djax and Garcon.

I get all that and wanted our WRs gone too. Im possibly the most optimistic here about Pryor as well.

However, if you want to talk reality, we've got little to nothing as far as healthy proven pass catchers out side of Jamo and that includes Reed.

Do I think we'll be better? Yes.

Do I think putting them in our HoF before minicamp is ridiculous?  Yes

On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Warhead36 said:

I'm very optimistic about our WR corps. I think Doctson will be a star and Pryor will be damn good. But the guy I'm really high on is Crowder. I see glimpses of Antonio Brown in his game and the 3rd year is when guys typically take that next step into stardom, like Reed in 2015. Speaking of which, yeah of course we still have Reed who is basically a WR in a TE's body.

I think our red zone efficiency will be much better this year and we won't lose much in terms of YAC or moving the chains. The one thing we will probably lose out on is that quick strike score capability without Jackson but Pryor and Doctson are both explosive in their own right.

I like Crowder but he is great as the third receiving option.   He is superb against a defenses third best corner but against its first or even second? He wouldn't look as stellar.

If Doctson stays healthy he will help tremendously with red zone scoring, a problem The Skins suffered from all of last season.

1 hour ago, Bishop Hammer said:

I like Crowder but he is great as the third receiving option.   He is superb against a defenses third best corner but against its first or even second? He wouldn't look as stellar.

If Doctson stays healthy he will help tremendously with red zone scoring, a problem The Skins suffered from all of last season.

What is this based on?  Crowder looked pretty damn good against a top 15 #1 CB in Darius Slay last year in one of the only plays Slay was defending him (first play in the video below).  

Crowder had a ridiculous 3.88 yards of separation at target when he was lined up out wide, which was on 23.2% of his targets.  That separation was better than every other WR in the league, including fellow slot WRs, who also saw fewer targets out wide, so it's not all due to the low sample size.  I think he'd surprise a lot of people as a #2 WR if given the chance.

6 hours ago, MartinC said:

Worth saying that when Pryor ran that 4.38 40 he did at 232lbs. He's listed at 223lb now.

Please feel free to attack their ideas and logic. But if anyone starts ridiculing anyone personally that will lead to time off.

FYI, I just cut and pasted his line to me, but I get the hint. Again, I have no interest in participating in ANYTHING other than the enthusiasm I feel for this unit. Others are free to respectfully disagree and *hopefully* provide some FACTS to support "their" opinion. None..were provided in the retorts...just aspersions.

HTTR

31 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

FYI, I just cut and pasted his line to me, but I get the hint. Again, I have no interest in participating in ANYTHING other than the enthusiasm I feel for this unit. Others are free to respectfully disagree and *hopefully* provide some FACTS to support "their" opinion. None..were provided in the retorts...just aspersions.

HTTR

I was giving a general warning  - if anyone ridicules anyone. It was not a hint and it applies generally.

31 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

HTTR

This is a little too heated right now, especially arguing over potential, hopes and guesses. Im glad you're enthused. I use to be.

Free advice, Martin wasn't asking you a question or making a suggestion. The board rules are clear and easy to read. Don't insult people, discuss their posts.

It really comes down to what they get at the #2 spot.  As I said I love Doctson but how many rookies not named Randy Moss come in and have big years?  And as discussed Doc is essentially a rookie and a total wild card, we have no idea if he can beat press coverage right now..  Until that happens I see a slight dropoff from last year's group as both Jackson and Garcon were proven and productive.

Speaking of rookie WRs did anyone catch a report on how Robert Davis looked?

Archived