Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

we are missing a true #1.  doctson may be that guy next year but he aint.  so we have a solid #2 in doctson, a slot guy in crowder, a #4 in grant, harris can serve as the #5, and our TEs are gonna get yardage due to the scheme.

but we dont have that scary guy that teams fear.  pryor was supposed to be that.  the only thing he fears is catching the football and making plays.

18 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

we are missing a true #1.  doctson may be that guy next year but he aint.  so we have a solid #2 in doctson, a slot guy in crowder, a #4 in grant, harris can serve as the #5, and our TEs are gonna get yardage due to the scheme.

but we dont have that scary guy that teams fear.  pryor was supposed to be that.  the only thing he fears is catching the football and making plays.

Many teams have won without a 'true #1', so it can be done. 

IMO to win you need a defence. If you are top 5 in D you have a chance. 

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not every team can be New England, though :)

2016 - Pats - Edleman? 

2015 - Broncos - Thomas? But they didn't win because of him.

2014 - Pats - leading reciever in Sb was a backup Rb

2013 - Seahawks - Baldwin & Co. Was now where near as good as they are today. 

2012 - Ravens -? 

2011 - Giants -? 

2010 - Packers - was that the WRs or the HOF QB? 

2009 - Saints -? 

2008 - Steelers - Santonio Holmes?

Maybe another way to look at the question, if you make a top 5 WR list how many have rings?

Gotta say, based off last year and some of his College film, I thought of Harris as a (only) long, sure handed chain mover. That catch/route on Sunday made me question that view.  Don't get me wrong, I was a fan, but I didn't see that kind of catch coming.  

Very encouraging that Kirk has been calling for him (discouraging in other ways, but that's more a FO/coaching thing).  Here's hoping he can continue that trend.  

On 11/13/2017 at 7:56 PM, Unbias said:

2016 - Pats - Edleman? 

2015 - Broncos - Thomas? But they didn't win because of him.

2014 - Pats - leading reciever in Sb was a backup Rb

2013 - Seahawks - Baldwin & Co. Was now where near as good as they are today. 

2012 - Ravens -? 

2011 - Giants -? 

2010 - Packers - was that the WRs or the HOF QB? 

2009 - Saints -? 

2008 - Steelers - Santonio Holmes?

Maybe another way to look at the question, if you make a top 5 WR list how many have rings?

Art Monk, Gary Clark, and Ricky Sanders have rings.  Numbers 4 and 5?  :)

20 hours ago, Paul Cumberland said:

Against Norman too..

with 2 penalties too. 

21 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I think we only have 2 healthy WRs.  After watching Crowder pull up on the 100 yd faux fumble return, I don't believe he is 100%.

I am so adding Mo Harris into a daily fantasy lineup.

Could be a sneaky good pickup... and how did Pryor hurt an ankle? 

23 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Could be a sneaky good pickup... and how did Pryor hurt an ankle? 

I will take a guess.... a result of poor muscle memory that supports the ankle, when trying to run block for the first time last week?  

Joking aside, the injuries don't seem to be waning. It the WRs turn.

Doctson is easily at least a #2, and next year he will be a #1.  

They seriously have to at least throw the ball to the guy first.  Heck, if Kirk hadnt overthrown him he would have had yet another TD this past week, and that wasnt the ONLY time he beat his guy deep.

Seriously, lets reexamine the 7 targets he got last week.  He caught 4 of them, good.  The 5th he beat his defender badly on the short goalline route, and just slipped.  Good job, bad luck, would have been an easy TD.  The 6th he beat his defender badly again for a long ball over the middle that Cousins just overthrew him on.  Again, good job, would have been an easy TD and a better QB would have made the throw.  The 7th and final one was with 2 minutes left, almost another TD, Doctson runs a skinny post, beats his guy by a step, but Cousins throws it behind him and the defender comes up and makes the play.  The only 1 of the 7 where Doctson did anything other than what a #1 would have done is play #5 where he slipped, but he beat his defender badly on the play, and its hard to blame a slip on him when its his first.  7 passes, and at least 6 of the 7, probably 7, the defender couldnt cover him.  That doesnt count the other times as others have posted where he beat his man badly and Kirk didnt see him.

4 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Doctson is easily at least a #2, and next year he will be a #1.  

They seriously have to at least throw the ball to the guy first.  Heck, if Kirk hadnt overthrown him he would have had yet another TD this past week, and that wasnt the ONLY time he beat his guy deep.

I agree that Doctson/Kirk have left several TDs in the field.  Doctson has 3, but he could've had 3-4 more.  He would be up there with the league leaders.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saw on twitter that Pryor says it happened in week 2 @ Rams game. Made it harder to make his cuts. Could explain why he hasn’t been productive this season. 

Still very odd.. if thats the case, why now?  Why after Mo Harris took your spot?  Why come out 3 weeks ago apologizing to the fans for not being good enough?  Something smell weird here. 

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Still very odd.. if thats the case, why now?  Why after Mo Harris took your spot?  Why come out 3 weeks ago apologizing to the fans for not being good enough?  Something smell weird here. 

I'm prone to agree with you here. After it looks like a bad year for him, he suddenly has injuries to explain away  his lack of production. Since he is on a one year prove-it type deal, I'm sure he's trying to do everything he can to preserve a modicum of  FA interest around the league for next year.

Out?  Heh things are going downhill fast with Pryor.

In hindsight, we haven't seen him do anything awesome WRT how athletic he is. So yeah he probably is injured, as he certainly didn't look this bad in lowly cleveland with "no QB" facing the top corner almost weekly, and playing for his next contract.

Guys get injured and we don't always know, but coaches are wise to rest players so we find out by practice logs and that alone. Why didn't Gruden rest him - that's what smells. Pryor may have just tried to push through it; he certainly seems extremely motivated and driven.

What would be really odd is if he went straight to IR yet wasn't even limited in practice while injured spanning 2 months.

With Harris confirming he is worthy / signed off by Kirk, maybe it was time to sit him. 

Archived