Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

Doctson will have one stand out game before he shatters his uvula or something. Just so we know what we could have had but never ever will. 

Ever. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

At this point I'm pretty sure it's his heart that needs to be questioned and not his hammy.

Its hard not to agree after two years 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Doctson will have one stand out game before he shatters his uvula or something. Just so we know what we could have had but never ever will. 

Ever. 

Its hard not to agree after two years 

Damnit you stole my joke.  I was going to list his injury as a sprained vagina.  I think it's obvious by now that he either has a very low pain tolerance (not his fault) or he is simply not willing to play with any pain at all, which is not possible when you are a professional athlete.

52 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Yeah Doctson is dealing with tightness in his hamstrings. 

At this point he's just taking up a roster spot. The doctson pick is starting to look worse than Malcom Kelly and Devtin Thomas. At least those guys caught some passes. 

Doctson will be 25 in a few months and he's been hurt after every practice. Perhaps his body can't handle the NFL. I feel bad for him, it's not his fault. 

Thomas had 40 catches in a Redskins uniform, Kelly had 28.  You think Doctson catches either one of 'em?

29 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

At this point I'm pretty sure it's his heart that needs to be questioned and not his hammy.

He's gonna have no heart and no paycheck if he keeps this up.

Who was the guy that drafted him, fire his ass. Oh wait they already did.

Doctson, what a frustrating pick. Wish we could get that back. It's amazing how many times, bad teams will make bad picks thus keeping themselves from ever becoming a good team.

With this guy, if you play him, he gets hurt. If you rest him and let him heal, he'll come back and get hurt because he's body hasn't adjusted to the grueling grind of games while he sits.

If he's injury prone there is nothing we can do about it, it just sucks that we had to draft him. Him and the other dude from USC. Striking out on your first two rounders is really bad.

Joke as we may, at least Grant plays and plays hard. He's shifty enough to contribute. I support those type of guys and could not care less for dudes like Doctson and Cravens 

On 9/10/2017 at 10:27 PM, joeken24 said:

laugh if you must. But here's a stat for you.

He's on pace for 32 drops this season. The most was 9 last year from active WRs in the league (which is a lot).

Did you just take one game and extrapolate it and say someone is on pace for something? I will laugh, I must laugh. Antonio Brown is on pace for 2,800 yards people, BEST RECEIVER OF ALL TIME. Again people on this site are so pessimistic they literally throw logic out the window to help spread their pessimism. 

Also he literally only had 1 drop, the other drop was getting called back for a hold either way. So not only did you make one of the dumbest "on pace" statements I've ever seen but you used the wrong stat lmao, dude pull yourself together. 

This is professional football.  The guys you love to watch might not have a high tolerance for pain either, but they play through it because they love the game and are paid a kings ransom.  I don't want to hear about what's not his fault and poor guy this and that.  Until I'm provided some reason to believe he's actually really unlucky, I'm going to continue to view his absences with the side eye.

I am one of the biggest fans of Doctson on here but, damn. he has to pick it up in short order.  This is just becoming stupid at this point.  Great player in college (saw him) but essentially zippo to this point.  Is there something going on we are not privy to?  I/we want nice things too, and I'll be damned if it seems they are taken away by murder, lack of football interest, chronic injury, whatever.  Is it possible to have worse luck drafting receivers?  **** it, go pick up the best free agent receivers next year and be done with it because we SUCK at drafting them.  Also, please, no projects.  A polished, under the radar receiver will be fine.  Boy, if Su'a & Josh don't pan out, well what a ****ed up draft 2016 will be.  I know Scot professes to have "done a good job" but I'm viewing his drafts, and players with a side eye, just a BFS said.  This is just ****ing ridiculous now.  Man oh man. Hail

19 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Doctson's injury history makes me want to punch the freaking wall!

Scot?  You here?  Please elaborate on the "Good job".  I'm dying to hear this....hail

15 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

We may need someone to chuck it to him.

As putting as much thought to this notion, I've come to the conclusion that a good WR can bail out a ****ty QB. 

(Ex. 1: Randy Moss; Daunte Culpepper)

(Ex. 2: A.J Green; Andy Dalton)

(Ex. 3: Calvin Johnson; Jon Kitna, Drew Stanton, and Dan Orlovsky)

(Ex. 4. DJax, Garcon; Kirk Cousins)

A good QB cannot guarantee a WR catches a ball or gets open.

Ok yeah I am feeling crappier than ever about now.

I am pretty sure I am the only player in fantasy to ever start him for a game. 

At least we kept Mo Harris. I feel vindicated in my preseason crush Hazel Dobkins after seeing him get added to a 53. He already has more catches this year than JD.

Does every team have so many problems adding WRs?  They just can't.  It's close to time for a support group/therapy thread to get created. I am Randy. Hi Randy. I think we are good at drafting WRs.

2 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Doctson's injury history makes me want to punch the freaking wall!

Don't break your hand, the SKINS may give you a call. We're gonna need all the help we can get at the WR position.  LOL!

Give him a few weeks to see what's up. If he is still suspect,  trade him before the deadline for a ham sandwich or whatever we can get for him. Just so frustrating waiting for him to do something/anything!

As I've argued from the beginning, based on history, the chances Docston has a successful NFL career are pretty much zilch. (again based on history)

Kevin White's already done for the season; not a good sign. 

As it is, he actually played last week so that's at least something, but limited practice is a bummer. He needs to get reps and into more plays/packages. Saw him open a couple times last week. 

This Doctson stuff is ridiculous. A tight hamstring? From what? Guy is supremely talented and was a monster in college but I gotta start really questioning what's going on. Last year a mystery Achilles issue that just stayed there forever and eventually ended his season, now just random hamstring tightness and other pains? Maybe he does have a really low pain tolerance...or maybe he just doesn't have drive and desire. Or maybe some guys' bodies just aren't meant for the NFL. There are plenty of guys who were monsters in college and weren't injury prone but then suddenly just couldn't stay on the field once they got into the NFL. So frustrating.

Hammy's are tough to deal with especially at the WR position. The problem is you couple that with his Achilles injury that he didn't tear but missed the entire season, the fact we have no Djax or Garcon, last weeks performance, and people are starting to lose patience..

He can easily vindicate himself when he finally does step on the field and has an immediate impact..

4 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Hammy's are tough to deal with especially at the WR position. The problem is you couple that with his Achilles injury that he didn't tear but missed the entire season, the fact we have no Djax or Garcon, last weeks performance, and people are starting to lose patience..

He can easily vindicate himself when he finally does step on the field and has an immediate impact..

Yeah I dont buy it. I think he's a chicken**** that gets scared by the soreness of actually, you know, testing it and convinces himself it's something more. He's a football hypochondriac.

6 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I think he needs to have a one:one chat with Gary Clark who played with hamstring issues every game for about three years.

14 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

What is with this team and the luck we have drafting high round receivers?

Michael Westbrook, Rod Gardner, Taylor Jacobs, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and now Doctson.

Good grief.

Desmond Howard.

14 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

What is with this team and the luck we have drafting high round receivers?

Michael Westbrook, Rod Gardner, Taylor Jacobs, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and now Doctson.

Good grief.

Desmond Howard.

They played the clip from yesterday's presser where Jay was asked about Doctson on C&K this morning.  I'll just say Jay's tone said it all when responding to "You said previously that Josh could earn time with more practice, is today's tightness a departure from that?" and Jay responded with a very curt, "Yes".  I went and checked the quotes from the presser and that part is missing for whatever reason.

Tell me more about how he's just frustrated with the situation and not Josh himself, because it's not his fault and he can't help it.  I'm just not buying that.

I suspect there is a career success formula for young injury prone WRs. Every limited or missed practice after 1 or more successful practices, subtracts 8 games off of their career.

If not a year.

Whatever it is, it ain't pretty.  I can't shake something I heard on XM Fantasy talk, if a WR cannot log 20 career catches in their first 2 years, guess what, they are not a successful NFL WR.  Apparently not a single one has made the cut. I have spot checked a few guys, including Grant, and haven't found any.

We drafted him for this year. Imagine where we'd be with out the drop king. Maybe better off, heh.  Quick is your #1. Crowder #2,  Grant in the slot.  Harris and Hazel round out the top 5. I have a hard time penciling in Crowder at #1 after 6 meh games in a row. 

I predict one of Grant or Quick will be trending up in fantasy by bye week. And bye week may be just that, bye bye season if we cannot get our WRs on track.  Pryor has to save the day.

Archived