Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

Everything we heard the last few years about DJax is "he takes the top off of the Defense".  No DJax on the field today and his former team doesn't respect the passing game, crowds the box and blows plays up.  I'm thinking this may be a trend until Pryor or Doctson starts hauling in some of KC's deep pass attempts.

23 minutes ago, throwback37 said:

Everything we heard the last few years about DJax is "he takes the top off of the Defense".  No DJax on the field today and his former team doesn't respect the passing game, crowds the box and blows plays up.  I'm thinking this may be a trend until Pryor or Doctson starts hauling in some of KC's deep pass attempts.

I'm not so sure Docston will ever be the guy we want him to be...Ryan Grant took more snaps than him

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I'm not so sure Docston will ever be the guy we want him to be...Ryan Grant took more snaps than him

"Took more snaps" is an injustice to what actually occurred. Without reviewing the actual game log my guess is doctson played around 10 snaps 

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Pryor to assume the role of Djax on the long ball.  Djax makes qbs look good with his ability to track the ball in air and Pryor looks lost.  It's going to be a long transition for him and we've got him for about 4 months.  

While Kirk absolutely shat the bed on many throws, it was still obvious that we have issues with our receivers.  While I agree that we couldn't afford to pay Djax or Garçon what they got, you are playing yourself if you don't think this offense misses them tremendously.  It also doesn't help that Kirks security blanket is clearly impacted by the toe and not getting the separation he's accustomed to.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:35 PM, joeken24 said:

My only concern is whether this corp is able to gel quickly. Kirk is more "a machine" at QB in my opinion. That's a good thing if you have WRs that run precise routes. Kirk may find it difficult to improvise when the look isn't exactly the way its drawn up. He may also throw a few more picks caused by poor routes (but of course we'll blame him for it).

Case in point.....I recall last year when Terrell Pryor rounded off his square in against Josh Norman. Josh picked it off. Make no mistake, Cleveland's QB sucked But that play was not the QB's fault. That was a poorly run route by Terrell. 

I could see if Kirk only had one WR to gel with, but he's looking at upwards of three.

Hopefully, they gel and this passing offense progresses from last year.

We'll see...

After watching the first game. I don't believe we'll have any deep threats in the WR corps this year. That will be a problem. Looks like Pryor may end up being the new version of Rod "50/50" Gardner. Josh may go down as a bust and Grant will only be considered a coaches favorite - simply a player you can use to teach route running in the film room. We're in trouble this year. I started out fairly optimistic that this year would be competitive. Gruden talks about Doctson as if he's some sort of secret weapon they haven't pulled out yet. Come on man!!

Pryor is starting to sound a lot like Jammal Brown (I know I'm taking you back a few years, but that Jamaal talked so much **** and didn't amount to ****; injuries notwithstanding, but still). 

I started the season thinking we'd hit the ground runnin'. But with Pryor, Doctson and Grant as your go to, and Kirk playing like that?

Child please!!

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Wait till you see him in practice. He's really good there.

But we talkin' 'bout pratis. Not a game, not a game.....we talkin' 'bout practice.

4 hours ago, bankonhank said:

This site is retarded, guy drops two passes and everyone acts like he is terrible lmao. 

laugh if you must. But here's a stat for you.

He's on pace for 32 drops this season. The most was 9 last year from active WRs in the league (which is a lot).

There's more just for comparison:

Garcon was targeted 105 times last year and did not drop a pass.

Jackson had 3 drops out of 95 targets last year.

Oh but wait, it gets better.....

Reed went so long without dropping a pass that it was news worthy in a game last year (against the Packers in week 11). Reed dropped only his 7th ball in his 4 year career!!! Let me say that again, 4 years, only 7 drops out of 325 targets!!! That's a 97.4% chance of him catching the ball!!!

Pryor so far?

So I guess I'm lmao too.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2016&week=100&category=RECEIVING&opp=0&sort=11&qualified=1&sortOrder=0

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Terrell Pryor kind of sucks and Doctson is Malcolm Kelly 2.0

Crowder is a good effort/ role player guy but not a feature of the offense.  Ryan Grant is about as threatening as a chiahuahua

Oh my. You're onto something with that Malcolm Kelly reference. All I can say about what I thought was going to be an improvement (if not comparable) is to get your NFL Mobile app and watch the game after its played live. It'll keep the blood pressure level and the appetite open. I just lost a couple of hours on this bull****.

This team need prayer....we've seen enough skin's football to know where this is goin'

Here's a thought......

After last year, Garcon and Jackson leaving left me wondering what the future would bring. I found myself not really concerned with the transition. One thing that came to mind was how Garcon would literally go off on Kirk after a bad throw and a bad read. My thought was that it was a selfish move and a bad look on the part of Garcon and that him leaving might be for the best. Jackson would have the same body language from time to time. I chalked it up to them being divas.

But tonight got me to thinkin'.

Those WR played with future Hall of Fame QBs (Payton and McNabb (arguably)). They know what excellent QB play looks like. They also "made plays" where plays needed to be made. Hell, I've seen Tom Brady get ripped by his receivers because they expect excellence on every play.

We have young inexperience WR and "gosh golly" Kirk not making plays. There's noone on this WR corp to get in his **** for playing like ****. So we may be looking at slimy wet garbage. They'll be a bunch of nice guys running routes for Kirk but it'll be a sorry ass passing game.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Does anyone have info to set the record straight about what exactly happened with Doctson today?

Was he hurt again?

Was he in the doghouse?

Did Gruden not trust him out there due to not having practiced much?

The guy barely played.

No word yet, so most people have defaulted to it being his fault and totally not part of the poor game-planning we watched today.

Archived