Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

Agreed @Vanguard.  We have 2 guys that have loads of potential (Doctson and Pryor), and three very good pass catchers (Reed, Crowder and Thompson).  

Pryor seemed like the consensus #1 FA  WR target this year... and after a few drops (granted, a very high drop rate) people have strong doubts about him.  

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this group.  

30 minutes ago, Santana_89 said:

I am not brimming with all this enthusiasm that some others seem to have. The only known playmakers are Crowder, Reed and V Davis....I will even include Niles Paul in that group, outside of that I'm crossing my fingers with Pryor, Doctson, Grant, Harris etc. 

Pryor was kind of a bigtime playmaker in the NFL last year, maybe you missed it. 

6 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

I can't tell if the issue is Kirks unfamiliarity with the new WR's or if it's on the WR's.

If you look at those pics in Doug Farrar's recent article they don't lie, guys are open but I don't know if he cherry picked on those examples of Kirk starring down his 1st read and never getting to the 2nd or 3rd.

In the one on one interview KC explained that he was given direction to throw to specific targets regardless of coverage.  He said he'd go to the line and be able to see it was the wrong coverage for the play, but had to deliver it to the target anyway. One of those was the fade to Grant. Maybe this sheds a little light on some pre-season targets.  After hearing that I'm just joining the crowd that's holding WR grades until after the games count. 

5 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Pryor was kind of a bigtime playmaker in the NFL last year, maybe you missed it. 

That was last year and on a different team no less. Pryor is a second year receiver in a whole new system with a different qb, etc. So while I hope he has the same sucess as last season  and even more, I am not counting my chickens until they hatch. 

Im not worried. This receiving group is better than last year's imo. 

Well the ceiling is much higher anyways and the floor isn't much lower. 

I doubt doctson works out but I'm expecting big things from reed, pryor, and crowder. I expect that grant will do better than people think. 

I haven't had a chance to watch much preseason so maybe that's why I'm not worried. 

11 hours ago, Santana_89 said:

I am not brimming with all this enthusiasm that some others seem to have. The only known playmakers are Crowder, Reed and V Davis....I will even include Niles Paul in that group, outside of that I'm crossing my fingers with Pryor, Doctson, Grant, Harris etc. 

Not sure I would put Davis or Paul in the play maker category.  Davis is a complimentary player at this point in his career and Paul, who knows what he is.  He hasn't played in 2 years and he hasn't played in his current jacked up form.  I am very intrigued to see what Paul can contribute, but he falls in the question mark category for me along with Pryor, Doctson and Grant.  

10 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Lets be reality.  Julio Jones, Antonio Brown and AJ Green are big time play makers.  Pryor is not in that category.  Especially considering arguably the worst team in the NFL, who is desperate for play makers, let him walk in the off-season.  He has the potential to be a play maker but let him realize that potential first.

1 hour ago, Jacoby66forHOF said:

Lets be reality.  Julio Jones, Antonio Brown and AJ Green are big time play makers.  Pryor is not in that category.  Especially considering arguably the worst team in the NFL, who is desperate for play makers, let him walk in the off-season.  He has the potential to be a play maker but let him realize that potential first.

Ok I should have left out bigtime. But he had pretty damn good stats with terrible QBs, over 1000 yards with terrible QBs. 

And we know why Pryor didn't sign with the bowns is because he wanted the chance to get a generational wealth kind of contract (hes never really had a good contract) so he signed with a team who has a "proven" QB to give him the best chance.

He absolutely is a playmaker. Smart money is on 10 tds and 1000 yards for him this year. Plus he blocks like a champ

1 hour ago, fordranger76 said:

Can't believe they cut Mo for Quick. Bad move.

Meh harris is still practice squad eligible, thats most likely why

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Ok I should have left out bigtime. But he had pretty damn good stats with terrible QBs, over 1000 yards with terrible QBs. 

And we know why Pryor didn't sign with the bowns is because he wanted the chance to get a generational wealth kind of contract (hes never really had a good contract) so he signed with a team who has a "proven" QB to give him the best chance.

He absolutely is a playmaker. Smart money is on 10 tds and 1000 yards for him this year. Plus he blocks like a champ

After Robert Griffin I am just cautious about proclaiming a player an absolute anything after 1 year.  Pryor has potential, no doubt, but teams have tape on him now.  If he puts up better numbers this year I'll jump on the absolute bandwagon with you.  

Without Quick we'd be awful young and raw. Grant is our vet mentor of the bunch.

Coaches may value a guy on the field that knows all routes more than a "better" player that cannot gain that same trust. Jay doesn't care if you drop the odd ball or slip, as long as you are always in place and on time.  Maybe we'll see Hazel or Harris back in week 13 after proving to Jay for 12 weeks that they can be trusted for a few plays.

I think Quick was the best insurance for Doctson and Pryor for that matter. 

Interesting tweet.  We never really saw Brain this preseason.  We all have our preferences, but Brian may have been forgotten in the whole mix.  All the cameras & eyes were on Pryor, JDoc, and others.  Maybe he will do better for us than we think.  I liked this tweet personally...

Yep. Ike hilliard said last week that Quick had made more plays in camp than "all the other receivers combined." https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/904038442782351361 

Where was the reporting on Quick all through camp? He was a tall shiny new toy, too.  Maybe Ike just said that to validate him making the 53 and give him a vote of confidence.

Chart Quick's career stats by year. A rare late bloomer whose stock is on the rise. He may well plateau and that is fine, he's a tall vet which goes a long ways of late. But I cannot be the only one that projected keeping him, albeit with more than 5WRs. What sealed my thinking was hearing the XM guys say <20 combined RECs first 2 years means no NFL career. Quick had already beaten the odds, while his competition is still struggling to get to 20.

Edit: Heads will explode when he scores our first red zone passing TD.

Very bad today.  Pryor is exactly what I thought, an elite athlete but not yet a WR.  TOo many drops. Crowder was invisible.  Doctson, maybe played 5 snaps.  Reed even was nothing.  My god the brightest spot was ryan grant.  

Poor play designs by jay, poor execution by Kirk and this group.  

Terrelle Pryor is officially our new Rod Gardner aka 50/50.  I was actually impressed by how open Pryor could get on almost any route he ran, but the fact that he seemed to drop half the balls thrown his way is not good.

Also, what is the deal with Doctson, did he play much?

It's hard to understand why Mo Harris was cut, when he was on the field making plays last season, and you have a bunch of other WRs who can't do jack.

Pretty bad so far. I was expecting a bit of a slow start but pryor dropping those passes was pretty bad. Reed looked partially injured. Wasn't expecting much from doctson anyways. 

Kirk being inaccurate didn't help.

Im not too worried, it's only 1 game (albeit an important loss) and I think Kirk and wr group will get and get a lot better. 

Archived