Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

Pryor drops damn near everything, it seems...in his defense, only 2nd year as a WR so we already knew he had a LOT of areas to improve in. But nothing in me felt dropping catchable passes would be near the top of the list.

I have no clue wtf is up with Doctson...is he injured? Is he not getting open at all? Is Kirk afraid to throw to him unless he's wide open? Is Kirk even looking his direction?

Crowder looked...depressed, almost. No energy, no giving 110%...just lethargic. Reed looked slow, like his toe injury was affecting him.

Grant looked like Grant...Quick was..whatever he was lol...

On 9/2/2017 at 0:57 PM, Jacoby66forHOF said:

After Robert Griffin I am just cautious about proclaiming a player an absolute anything after 1 year.  Pryor has potential, no doubt, but teams have tape on him now.  If he puts up better numbers this year I'll jump on the absolute bandwagon with you.  

Except this game wasnt about tape.  Unless the tape dictates that you let him run open cuz he'll drop it.  I didnt see anything from Philly that they could've stopped him had he not had butterfingers.

On one hand you can't 30+ receivers big money.  It was the right move to let Garcon and Jackson walk.  What I can't figure out is why our drafted WRs are such bums.  I'm not even mad at Pryor really since it's only for 1 year.  This is on the Coaches and staff for fielding these scrubs.

Just now, blueskin said:

One of the worst moves of the offseason was not re-signing at least one of them (Garcon or DJax).  Stupid!

We could've signed one of them, right???  Who's the moron who determined that we could go without? He should be drawn and quartered.

Dan Snyder.  Good luck getting him fired.

Just now, DM72 said:

To be fair, those guys are on the wrong side of 30. We just need to draft some studs for a change.

I can totally understand not paying both. But jeeze, one or the other. Putting all our eggs in Pryor's basket is bound for disaster.

Just now, Califan007 said:

Cousins would have thrown the ball 10 yards over their heads as well....oops, make that 11 yards over Jackson's head lol...

Quite true lol. Still, there were at least a few that could have been held onto.

If Doctson is healthy it's a pitiful coaching decision not to have him out there playing unless he can't beat out Grant which is equally pitiful. Pryor is not a #1 WR at this moment and him being the primary target is massive trouble. Doctson needs to get out there and be the primary target or we will see he isn't worth a damn and can move on.

Pryor is a big body and athletic freak but he certainly is not a natural wide receiver. True, its only his second year really in the position but unfortunately having great hands tends to be something that a guy just has or doesn't, but maybe Pryor can still improve...it seems more of a concentration issue than anything else; taking his eye off the ball at the last second.

Crowder and Reed both looked like their injuries were affecting their play. Doctson is just maddening. Was he pretty much never in? If so, why? Was he in but never targeted? If so, why? He's looking to be a waste of a 1st round pick. Shame, too, because he was dominant in college and has such great hands and leaping ability.

Cousins doesn't have any excuse. He just looked like crap pretty much the whole game.

Archived