Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the Receiving corps?

Vanguard

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I loved the pick, and this may sound crazy but that one catch I saw in preseason demonstrated the smoothness the great ones have.  So I'm not 100% ready to bail on the guy just yet, but it's getting close. 

I agree and think all this would be water under the bridge if he played.  He appears to be a natural and has all the tools you want.  I'm not sure we could bail if we wanted to because we're not going to get anything of value back in return.  We really have no choice but to wait it out.  I just get no good vibes whatsoever and haven't since last season.  Hope I'm wrong.

How on God's green earth is he a limited participant at practice when he played 20 snaps.  This guy is glass.  I was hyped when we picked him, I saw training camp and thought he was our most natural receiver.  But these types do not last very long in the nfl.  It's extremely likely at this point he will go down as a first round bust.  

I have zero confidence in terrell pryor.  I seriously dont think he can catch.

They said about Hershel Walker back in the 1980s that Jimmy Johnson traded him because, despite being built like a greek god and having explosive speed and athleticism, he had zero coordination.  One teammate claimed that Hershel could not dribble a basketball.

Terrell Pryor is Walker 2.0

Pryor seems almost TOO driven and obsessed, pushing himself so hard trying to attain greatness after just 1 year as a WR. I think we are now officially in overthinking yipsish don't drop it don't drop it oh **** I dropped it mode. He needs to hang out with Trent and just relax. Or, Jay would be well served to grab him before game time and tell him to go have fun, and not worry about anything else.

If both he and Kirk continue to struggle, let me be the first to suggest them swapping positions heh. I am joking, But if Kirk cannot handle pressure and is making errant throws without pressure, and Pryor cannot catch the ball, who cares if they did. Both will probably be gone next year anyways.

This Doctson **** is ridiculous. Stretch your ****ing hamstrings. He has played no more than 80 snaps, and that is probably a really high number, since he has been on this team. You could probably include preseason with that. The whole time, not a single serious injury. Phantom achilles injury, and now another hamstring injury. 

I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt last season, but I am over it. Kid is soft as pudding. 

15 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

We may need someone to chuck it to him.

No, it should be a running back followed by more defensive lineman/linebackers or a safety. Dominant D will win games. 

16 hours ago, bankonhank said:

Did you just take one game and extrapolate it and say someone is on pace for something? I will laugh, I must laugh. Antonio Brown is on pace for 2,800 yards people, BEST RECEIVER OF ALL TIME. Again people on this site are so pessimistic they literally throw logic out the window to help spread their pessimism. 

Also he literally only had 1 drop, the other drop was getting called back for a hold either way. So not only did you make one of the dumbest "on pace" statements I've ever seen but you used the wrong stat lmao, dude pull yourself together. 

I have no idea how you can give Pryor such a pass.  We saw him drop several passes in limited action during preseason. We opened the season with a ballsy call, a deep pass that many of us believe DJax tracks down and takes to the house. Our guy looked totally lost. Sure the dropped  TD would have been called back but that hardly lets him off the hook. Finally in the 4th with his QB throwing out of his end zone he dropped a huge pass that could have gotten them out of a big hole. This is supposed to be our #1 WR, we just can't have this from the #1 WR. 

The sad part about Pryor is that we know he is raw, and we also know raw doesn't become well done over night. 

Maybe we were spoiled by Garcon (no drops) and DJax (gets the deep one). Pryor raw, Crowder grounded 6 games in a now, Doctson MIA every week, Reed in severe pain from a fractured toe....   seeing a pattern here?  Sadly these are things that don't appear to be going to change anytime soon, outside of a monster game from Crowder here or there, which also requires Kirk and our OL on point.

The grass was not greener. Jay may need to re-think how important the run game is to his survival. I want to see Mack and Perine dressed next game, and given snaps, yes both of them, regardless of how Kelley looks. And integrate them into the passing attack, if passing is all Jay deep down wants to do.

I recently read a John Keim article about the recieving corp and he makes it sound like Doctson is the Jackson replacement and that Pryor is Garcon replacement.  Doctson doesn't have Jackson's speed but he can track deep balls and has a 40in vertical to go up and get the ball.  That leaves Pryor to fill the Garcon, possession, role and I think Pryor can grow into and excel at that role over time but until Doctson's swollen fallopian tube heals Pryor will be looked at to fill the deep role he is not suited to fill at this time.  And the offense as a whole will struggle as a result.  

The situation with Doctson is becoming increasingly frustrated, but part of Week 1's blame goes to the coaches, IMO.   If the guy was too injured, or hurt, or fragile to be in the game as much as you wanted?  Inactivate him and get the next guy in the game.

These games are too important to be activating someone who going into the game you feel has to be on a very limited snap count.  Keep in mind this isn't an 8 year super star vet at WR.  In that case, you can maybe do the decoy thing, use him as a way to distract the defense.  This is Josh Doctson.  No one is minding any business or attention to him at this point.  

Brian Quick has size and some speed.  He flashed a bit in preseason, yeah?  Well let him suit up and try and make a name for himself while Doctson does........whatever it is he does that has him unable to contribute. 

The sad part is this.

the number one and two picks of the 2016 draft are contributing ZERO to this team.  One is perpetually "hurt" the other wants to retire.  We picked Doctson, arguably the best WR prospect of last year's draft and not only he has not done a thing but we can also argue the front office, because of him, didn't really explore the possibility of keeping either DJax or Garcon.  Coupled with the fact they dropped the ball on Cousins in 2016 offseason to sign him to a long term reasonable deal where we could have had one of those two guys on the team right now, if not both.  THAT is what is really sad here.

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Brian Quick has size and some speed.  He flashed a bit in preseason, yeah?  Well let him suit up and try and make a name for himself while Doctson does........whatever it is he does that has him unable to contribute. 

I guess Quick is the answer, for better or worse.  I assume he is getting 1st team reps this week.  

I don't know why VD isn't in the Garcon role, and Pryor isn't in the Djax role.  Pryor had no difficulty getting past the defense last week.

Anyone want to bet that Doctson has more catches than Hazel this year.

Watch Jay say F it and force feed him the ball this week, and force him to play through his injury.  At some point, it may be something to consider for Jay to do. Not pushing him, is not working. Pushing him a little, is not working... what's left.

Doctson pisses me off, same with suzy. They should both be named suzy, in honor of the giant gash they both have. "He had some tightness" what a ****ing joke. the guy has barely suited up and run even less, and his hamstrings are tight, he can't run.. **** both of those clowns. I'm over both of them. 6-10 here we come boys!

We all hoped that Pryor and Doctson would take the place of Garcon and Jackson and not miss a step.. well apparently after one week Pryor can't catch and Doctson can't get dressed without getting hurt.

Is someone a little crabby today? :ols:

More like everyone.

Aspirations to make Crowder a legit #2 don't seem to be panning out, for whatever reason. I know he has some injuries going on but either it works, or it doesn't. I was content to have him stay in his slot role, but know Jay needs to push people to find their ceiling. But why has he gone cold - maybe he wore down late last year....

Maybe our best lineup will be Pryor Quick Crowder Grant before too long.

42 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Save for Art Monk in 1980 (and Keenan McCardell in the 12th round in 1991 and literally giving up on him right away), we certainly can not draft a WR for love or money. It's embarrassing.

I would say Crowder in the 4th round was a successful pick... absolutely dont have a good track record though, it really is embarrassing. 

14 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Pryor I think has gitters and will come around. He is getting open and he's not far from having a monster game imo. 

Exactly. Pryor's drops are definitely an issue that he will need to work on, but it's obvious that his talent level is there. He was running past defenders with ease, and also when he did catch the ball he was hard to bring down either via strength or his speed and athleticism.  Gotta give him more than 1 game.  Also, Cousins sure seemed to be targeting him a bunch, so it at least shows the confidence to go to him

Doctson's issue is different because for whatever reason(S) he can't seem to get or stay on the field. There is no reason to activate him at this point unless he can go out there and compete.  Let other guys have a chance.  Makes me a little bitter that a guy like Mo Harris was cut.  He wasn't spectacular but seemed to catch the ball when it was thrown to him.  Also was a big target that theoretically should have helped in the red zone. 

Interesting tidbit on Grant's practice today & what he does and why the coaches like him so much.  He even plays friggin' Special Teams.  Tough, smart guy it seems.  We may as well get used to him as he is here to stay. Hell, let's give him a shot, why not, right?  Hail

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/want-know-why-redskins-coaches-ryan-grant-heres-specific-example?utm_content=buffer046bc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Archived