Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

C3LmrU-VYAA73GU.jpg

Obsessed with losing. When if its the number that doesn't matter. 

I hope people realize how ****ing crazy this is. Gregg Phillips is some random Trump fan, fond of pointless conspiracies of voter fraud.

And instead of trusting the SoS of all 50 states who have verified the voting process to be clean, here he is giving a platform to tin-foil conspiracy theorists.

This country is being run by a lunatic. There is nothing good that comes out of this.

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I hope people realize how ****ing crazy this is. Gregg Phillips is some random Trump fan, fond of pointless conspiracies of voter fraud.

And instead of trusting the SoS of all 50 states who have verified the voting process to be clean, here he is giving a platform to tin-foil conspiracy theorists.

This country is being run by a lunatic. There is nothing good that comes out of this.

It's providing us constant entertainment..........

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It's providing us constant entertainment..........

He is sending millions of people straight into the loony bin. He may not officially be able to do anything about a non-existent voter fraud problem but you should be worried about sharing a country with people who have been bamboozled into believing all kinds of insane ideas by someone they unfortunately trust.

Watch this guy who is now been given a national platform by POTUS. Think this is good for the health of the country?

This may be a joke to some of you, and it may stay that way, but this how systems fail. People believe crazy nonsense and at some point, act on it. 

I have seen the first hand damage that baseless conspiracies do in my field of work. None of this is good or entertaining.

If I haven't been clear enough since the Primaries it's not because I was trying to hide anything.

I think Donald Trump is a sociopath that will do incredible harm to our country in the short term.  I also think he's brilliant.  And probably the greatest political being in history.  He has the entire left, the media and a large swath of the right talking about bull**** issues that he pushing to the limelight, while executing damaging orders that end up below the fold or buried in the back pages.

I dont think he actually believes that he won the popular vote.  But making this such a big deal will allow the GOP to hammer at it for years, AND makes his ex orders about TPP etc merely a passing mention.

I also dont believe that the US is such a fragile entity that we wont survive these 4 years and repair any damage quickly.

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If I haven't been clear enough since the Primaries it's not because I was trying to hide anything.

I think Donald Trump is a sociopath that will do incredible harm to our country in the short term.  I also think he's brilliant.  And probably the greatest political being in history.  He has the entire left, the media and a large swath of the right talking about bull**** issues that he pushing to the limelight, while executing damaging orders that end up below the fold or buried in the back pages.

I dont think he actually believes that he won the popular vote.  But making this such a big deal will allow the GOP to hammer at it for years, AND makes his ex orders about TPP etc merely a passing mention.

I also dont believe that the US is such a fragile entity that we wont survive these 4 years and repair any damage quickly.

That fact that he first got nominated to lead a major party and then somehow won the election should be the first sign that something is deeply wrong in this country's mental state.

And now that he has the worlds largest megaphone and is using it to drive utter nonsense is horrible for the long term future of this country. 

I dont think the US is fragile. I think it is fundamentally broken at this point and Trump is going to ensure that a sizeable minority of his party voters are living in a conspiracy driven angst and rage. It ensures that an important part of our democratic system, the countries conservative party, has to cater to the needs of a voting bloc that is deeply paranoid and open to manipulation by demagogues.

Policy damage is much easier to fix than the erosion of the underlying institutional trust that goes into our political system, to which Trump is taking a giant axe and blasting away. 

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

The media is reporting based on what is getting ratings and clicks.  Nothing more and nothing less.  This is a an easy to understand story that will gather attention quickly.

What the media reports is an indication and reflection of the American people.  Not the other way around.  If people would click on and watch in depth stories on the TPP, the media would do those types of stories more.

The left itself is at best divided over TPP.  There isn't going to be any large up roar from the left over the TPP.

With respect to the executive orders, what do you want people to do that isn't being done?  We've already discussed the idea that some people are looking at them and deciding which if any they can reasonably challenge in court.

You are leveling complaints without providing actual solutions.  Other than things that aren't going to happen (e.g the corporate media walking away from profits) and things that are already happening, what do you want people to do?

(And realistically, at the same time contributing to the distraction that you are complaining about.  Why don't you select one of the worse EOs that he's signed in your opinion and start on a thread on it?)

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

I agree with your post except I'm not sure where I stand on this...

If we severely damage relationships around the world, on trade for example, and someone like China is able to jump in and take charge, that could be impossible to repair the damage. Especially quickly.

I don't know that will be the case, but I'm certainly concerned about it.

We'll be fine as a country, but our ability to influence the rest of the world may disappear and not come back for a long time. It just depends on how it all shakes out.

I'm someone who's begged for us to stop interfering with anything and everything around the world for some time now. Even if that would be a good thing to do, it seems to me we often execute it poorly. I, and other people like me, constantly get labelled isolationists by lazy, intellectually dishonest people. Some of the things that are been rumored Trump will do (or even just some of the ways he's acted or things he's said) suggest that we might actually go into an isolationist mode and that would be a bad thing. Not that we will, but that we could.

Combine that with Trump's all-or-nothing childish mentality of only living in the extremes, and it becomes a little more possible.

I think that isolationism would be bad. Especially when you realize there's a lot of countries/people that legitimately hate us and it would not be good for us to *actually* be standing alone with no allies or anyone to help.

43 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Here's why Trump's voter fraud claims are ludicrous.

That's how it always is with conspiratard theories. Scalia was murdered but they forgot to take the pillow off his head. 9/11 was a complete success but they just had to blow Tower 7. Sandy Hook and Pulse and whatever else wete perfect but the professional crisis actors forgot they were still on camera (and Obama forgot to, you know, take the guns.) On and on. 

I really think conspiracy thinking needs to be classified as s mental disorder and confronted as such. It needs to be recognized as a public health crisis and it needs to be studied and it needs to be treated. It's picked up steam over Obama's 8 years. The Internet has been overrun by it and is now driving it. And now we have a goddamn president completely in the ****. I mean What. The. ****. 

I'm an addiction counselor. I love it. I'm good at it. And I'm thinking about moving on from it and going full psychology largely for this reason.  Beyond it just fascinating me, the **** is a major issue. And nobody has any answers. 

58 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

The guy is a ****ing imbecile and makes me ashamed of this country for voting the imbecile in chief into office.

Yeah I've given up on trying to sell America being special (the good kind of special) to my Ethiopian immigrant girlfriend. She told me the other day... "I feel like I'm back in Africa. Trump would be perfect there." As a president, as a leader.  If we think W dropped our standing in the world, holy **** this is in another universe. 

Of course the hoopleheads down south and in the middle of the country who will be lucky to leave their state in their life times have absolutely no concept of any of this. That's why i blame the GOP, the official party, and right wing media more than the voter. Hooples will hoople. The establishment though? Not only did they fail to stop it but then they kissed the ring. They're all guilty of treason in my book. 

13 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

And sorry to take it there (just don't respond) but i have to say: i have yet to hear someone who wasn't a middle aged, middle classed white guy say that this mess is entertaining or amusing. Coincidence? 

Nailed it. Epitome of white privilege. My wife keeps telling me how worried she is but I just reiterate that we're personally going to be fine. We're white upper middle class white collar professionals. Hell even in one party oligarchies with state run media (cough Russia), our group does well enough. Just don't make too much noise as an opposition voice and you won't end up with a bag over your head. We can even pretend to have elections. 

Over the last decade the GOP has done unbelievable damage to this country for political gain. Their "just say no" campaign against Obama and their unwillingness to shoot down conspiracy theories like birtherism and racism within their party has eroded trust in the presidency and created many of the divisions in the country today. Their foolish plans to use the debt ceiling as leverage in order to get at Obama eroded world wide trust in our economy. Trump has eroded trust in our intelligence agencies with his baseless attacks.  Now, with these investigations they are eroding the trust in the validity of our elections. These things are the foundation of the American system. Just like the foundation of an actual building, if the erosion to the foundation gets bad enough it will eventually crack and crumble and everything that rests on top of it will topple. I feel like I'm watching the fall of an empire in slow motion. 

3 minutes ago, DallasCowboyFan156 said:

Over the last decade the GOP has done unbelievable damage to this country for political gain. Their "just say no" campaign against Obama and their unwillingness to shoot down conspiracy theories like birtherism and racism within their party has eroded trust in the presidency and created many of the divisions in the country today. Their foolish plans to use the debt ceiling as leverage in order to get at Obama eroded world wide trust in our economy. Trump has eroded trust in our intelligence agencies with his baseless attacks.  Now, with these investigations they are eroding the trust in the validity of our elections. These things are the foundation of the American system. Just like the foundation of an actual building, if the erosion to the foundation gets bad enough it will eventually crack and crumble and everything that rests on top of it will topple. I feel like I'm watching the fall of an empire in slow motion. 

Quoting you because I couldn't bring myself to 'like' this post (and it has nothing to do with your fandom, lol).  Really ticked off that the Machiavellian route has worked so well for the GOP.

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

He is sending millions of people straight into the loony bin. He may not officially be able to do anything about a non-existent voter fraud problem but you should be worried about sharing a country with people who have been bamboozled into believing all kinds of insane ideas by someone they unfortunately trust.

Watch this guy who is now been given a national platform by POTUS. Think this is good for the health of the country?

This may be a joke to some of you, and it may stay that way, but this how systems fail. People believe crazy nonsense and at some point, act on it. 

I have seen the first hand damage that baseless conspiracies do in my field of work. None of this is good or entertaining.

I saw that live and it was quite the display.  Cuomo took that guy apart.  When the guest said "when the time is right", that was brutal.

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

And sorry to take it there (just don't respond) but i have to say: i have yet to hear someone who wasn't a middle aged, middle classed white guy say that this mess is entertaining or amusing. Coincidence? 

Because we aren't emotional infants?

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

It's the particular flavor of bubble those people are living in that makes them say that more than a color thing. We all have a bubble, it's the bounds of our awareness at any given time. However, certain people live in a bubble that insulates them from the potential consequences of choices made in regard to policy, so I guess the emotion that arises for them is absurdity or something rather than a response to danger. Like they're watching a movie rather than living it in a way.

It's still a ****ty response despite the bubble they live in, because it shows a lack of practicing empathy... but then again I'd say we all as a people come woefully short when it comes to applying empathy to better extend our bubbles of awareness beyond the bounds of self. Empathy is a really under-rated tool for the gathering of diverse emotional information/intelligence and balancing inherent-bias due to limitations of awareness. 

23 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Of course I didnt say that.  But if you need a straw man.....

Yes you did. You just didn't say it intentionally. :) 

BornA stated that he has never once seen a single person (outside of one demographic) do something. You stated that it's because that one demographic (which you feel entitled to speak for) "aren't emotional infants". 

Archived