Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

I guess this could have gone in some other thread, but it isn't really related to the other topics based on their actual title (e.g. his cabinet).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/wh-trump-believes-millions-voted-illegally/index.html

" Trump surprised the top Republicans and Democrats in Congress on Monday when, during a dinner at the White House, he repeated his claim that millions of undocumented immigrants voted for Hillary Clinton -- allegedly depriving him of the popular vote, according to two sources familiar with the meeting. "

"Trump's campaign cited in October a 2012 study from the Pew Charitable Trusts entitled "Inaccurate, Costly and Inefficient: Evidence that American Voter Registration Systems Needs an Upgrade" as backup for that claim. The study found that "about 24 million voter registrations are no longer valid or are significantly inaccurate" and "more than 1.8 million dead people are listed as voters."

The study, which is based on 2011 data, is about the need to update voter rolls and underscores deficiencies in the voter registration system, but does not show that people who have registrations in two states are voting twice for Democrats or for Republicans."
Just more evidence of the disconnect between what Trump believes and what is actually supported by available information (and from my perspective the inability to recognize the beliefs have no basis in available information).

I was actually thinking, earlier today, that I bet around Christmas, this year, somebody's going to be publishing a book, titled "Alternative Facts - 2017", consisting of a list of all of the completely untrue things that the Trump administration has said.  

And wondering if maybe ES should have a thread, of the same title.  Simply a catch-all thread where people can post the untrue thing that Trump said today.  

It'll be Yuge.  

Trump doesn't believe that, he's an absolutely shameless liar predictably lashing out in defense of his fragile pride.  Crowds not big at the inauguration?  Press lied, because they were yuge.  1.5 million!  He lost the popular vote?  Voting fraud.  Millions of fraudulent votes!  He can't help himself and has consistently shown a total lack of self control when his pride is hurt.  

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Trump doesn't believe that, he's absolutely shameless liar predictably lashing out in defense of his fragile pride.  Crowds not big at the inauguration?  Press lied, because they were yuge.  1.5 million!  He lost the popular vote?  Voting fraud.  Millions of fraudulent votes!  He can't help himself and has consistently shown a total lack of self control when his pride is hurt.  

Which is scarier: 

Trump actually believes millions voted against him illegally, and that the media manipulating inauguration attendance figures. He's mentally unfit for the Presidency. 

or 

Trump continues to repeat these blantant lies to drive a continual wedge between his base of mindless zombies and any *all* media orgs that cover Trump critically (but fairly). He does this to advance an agenda will do far more harm than good to the majority of people in the country, and he understands that if most people believe accurate reporting about his presidency that he will be an unsuccessful one term president.

imo the former is scarier in the short term because he could hypothetically lob a nuke at a country whose leader makes fun of the size of his hands. But the latter... the latter is a precursor to legitimate facism and a blatant symptom of a very, very sick democracy. We're super ****ed either way.

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Instead of the news dominated by conversation about his (imo) unconstitutional exec orders, the media and TDSers are talking about this.  

Dont  to throw me in the briar patch!

People are talking about both.  But seriously, his continuous lies about the election should be enough to turn the country against him. It's simply amazing that Ryan has had to say in essence "no, he's full of ****" so many times and yet does photo ops with him smiling ear to ear.

2 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

People are talking about both.  But seriously, his continuous lies about the election should be enough to turn the country against him. It's simply amazing that Ryan has had to say in essence "no, he's full of ****" so many times and yet does photo ops with him smiling ear to ear.

Because the actual issues he's addressing are GOP red meat. 

The media and and left wing hysteria are stuck in frothing mania about stupid **** like Trump talking about the crowd size and popular vote

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The media and and left wing hysteria are stuck in frothing mania about stupid **** like Trump talking about the crowd size and popular vote

Right. And the GOP is fully behind the unconstitutional executive orders too.  But lies about crowd size are easier to understand.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - A lot of people.

Met enough Trump supporters that are glad for America first, but quick to agree with giving time to see he's not what they hoped for.  Like I mentioned in another thread, he's setting us up for blaming others for jobs not coming back when most entities agree that's just not the way the world works anymore.

6 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Right. And the GOP is fully behind the unconstitutional executive orders too.  But lies about crowd size are easier to understand.

I think they are unconstitutional.  Just like I thought Obamas lengthy list of EOs were as well. 

Funny how others feel differently now isn't it. 

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

1.  I think you are mistaken to assume discussion of things like this are limiting other actions.  I, myself, have done somethings tonight that I hope will be more consequential (probably much more) than starting this thread.  I am certain others are looking at his executive orders and considering which (if any) they can successfully challenge in court.

2.  I also do not think the conversation of the crowd size and popular vote are really comparable.  Trump is lying seeds of doubt (intentionally or not) to question future election results and not just the popular vote, but the actual election results.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I am sure there are many smart folks here and elsewhere that are not distracted.  But literally EVERY newscast I watched today talked at length about votegate first and most intensely.  

Did you get whiplash watching them switch from illegitimate president to asserting no fraud in the election?

19 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

This is exactly what I said in a different thread earlier. There are so many topics of substance to be discussing but they are in a frenzy about crowd sizes and voter fraud. It's sad but not surprising at all.

On the topic of voter fraud, you're the president Don, either prove it or let it go. Whining about it isn't accomplishing anything.

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Why should he?  He's had a phenomenal first week so far.  The media and TDSers are stuck talking about absurd meaningless things while he's signing exec orders and getting his nominees confirmed. 

He's had a terrible first four days.  He did not pivot to become presidential, he has pissed off a hell of a lot of people, he was upstaged by women, his spokesman and woman have destroyed any credibility with anyone other than his sycophants, Paul Ryan, Lindsey Graham, and John McCain have all had to disavow things he has said. Remember he came in with well under 50% against H, who I'm guessing you would call a flawed candidate.  His support has dropped if anything, it damn sure hasn't gone up.  Yeah stuff is steamrolling through congress, but the Rs are tied to him more closely every day.

3 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

His support has dropped if anything, it damn sure hasn't gone up.  Yeah stuff is steamrolling through congress, but the Rs are tied to him more closely every day.

Looks up to me

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jan24

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

Archived