Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

Examples of "voter fraud" or "voter irregularity":

1. You move and dont update your new addy in time

I moved this September. I believe you have up to 21 days before the election to update your current address. I did not. I was supposed to cast my ballot in Montgomery County but cast my vote in Howard County under a provisional ballot. 

I have read about this being an example of "voter fraud" bc my current address doesnt match my registered voting address and I cast a provisional ballot outside of my designated precint. I was able to vote for Howard County specific ballot issues which was kinda odd.  

2. Change name but dont update in time:

If someone changes their name (get married) and doesnt update their vote registry in time, I have read that republican groups have considered that "voter fraud" as well. 

3. Same name as someone in your precint who has died

4. Incomplete form 

5. Form that was filled out with help of someone else but that someone else did not sign their name as well

6. Any Inadvertent error - person made an unintentional error writing down their drivers license or ID number, addy, SSN, dob etc

8 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Examples of "voter fraud" or "voter irregularity":

You forgot one of the big ones.  

7.  A big GOP donor sent post cards to thousands of registered voters (all of them Democrat), and the Post Office said (incorrectly) that the letter was undeliverable.  

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

You forgot one of the big ones.  

7.  A big GOP donor sent post cards to thousands of registered voters (all of them Democrat), and the Post Office said (incorrectly) that the letter was undeliverable.  

This one isn't fraud because the kind donor submitted this info to the state, which promptly purged their voter roles of these Democrats to prevent fraudulent voting. 

14 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I wonder what it would take to break that.

Nothing.

I would say that about 20 percent of the electorate right now would support ANY action he takes. Nuclear attack on Mexico. Hell, nuclear attack on Chicago.

This is the culmination of a revenge fantasy by about 1/5 of the electorate. And that percentage is big enough to hold the GOP hostage for years.

15 hours ago, Bacon said:

There were 1.5 million people at the inauguration too.

They counted the reporters and camera men, and crews, not to mention the parade folks. 

The cameras showed it on all of the networks and blamed the weather. Ehh... That really was not the case there. 

9 minutes ago, boobiemiles said:

Trump has a problem with size.  He is so insecure it criminal. Somebody needs to talk to him and settle him down.  He needs to fight the good fight.  This is loco. 

I agree. It is similar to how some sports fans look at the numbers but not the games. 

Watch the games, the strong are apparent, the weak will shine here and there, but at the end of the day...we all have to understand the circumstances. Certainly there are times where the weak prevails... problem is that WE as a country...ugh...failed ourselves. 

I certainly have no love for Hilary, but I know she has a solid support system. This ragtag group of folks should concern everyone. I expected less trash talk, and more real talk. 

I think  a lot of people voted for Trump because of the "rich celebrity factor". I think most voted him for thinking that America was so much better when we lived in a constant cover up or even a flat out lie. Trump has ZERO interest in making folks rich or even well off...unless they already are. 

I would love to believe this would be true, but I have read a couple of his books and know clearly that he is a simple con man that pulled off the greatest con of all. 

It is pretty embarrassing as a Country and I certainly have no interest in some Brit telling me any different with the strife they have there these days. 

Rambling...Sorry. 

15 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I think  a lot of people voted for Trump because of the "rich celebrity factor". I think most voted him for thinking that America was so much better when we lived in a constant cover up or even a flat out lie. Trump has ZERO interest in making folks rich or even well off...unless they already are. 

I would love to believe this would be true, but I have read a couple of his books and know clearly that he is a simple con man that pulled off the greatest con of all. 

It is pretty embarrassing as a Country and I certainly have no interest in some Brit telling me any different with the strife they have there these days. 

Rambling...Sorry. 

Yep.  The same people who actually think Obama "created a racial divide" simply because folks who felt wronged and/or treated like 2nd class citizens in their own country were empowered to actually speak up and voice their frustrations about it.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

There it is, as expected. I have laid out, in detail, how this scheme will be the catalyst for permanent one party minority rule in the US. In short, we will cease to be a functioning democracy and will more closely resemble the current Russian government.

There are a number of blue/purple states right now that have GOP legislatures and GOP governors (or could, after the 2017 election). These include such significant swing states as Virginia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, and Michigan. All the GOP has to do to ensure permanent rule in Congress, the Presidency, and thus the Supreme Court, is to pass laws in each of these states declaring that electoral votes shall be awarded based on the winner in their respective (gerrymandered) congressional districts. Perfectly legal and a power granted to the states (to award EVs how they please). It is the most significant example of the GOP casting aside the norms our government has abided by, and exploiting loopholes in our system of government to the fullest extent. If/when it happens, Trump will be able to lose the popular vote in 2020 by 10m+ and still win re-election.

Sound the alarm, our system of government is on its very deathbed and desperately needs saving.

And just now, President Psychotic ****-Stain, in addressing the dept of HS on tv, repeated his frequently repudiated krazy-klaim that "all of ICE and "The Border Patrol" endorsed him.

A popular deal going around here is pool betting of which happens first: serious mental destabilization as people eventually get fed-up (remember a significant majority of the electorate did not vote for trump and not all of those who did are bigots, krazy, stoopid, or dysfunctional) and the push-back gets a lot stronger, or impeachment. Most here think the mental melt down will come first. But he's been like this a long time, and I think hes got stamina:P

speaking of that, and it's OT, long ago I noted Pence had started using the phrase "his broad shoulders" or "his broad-shouldered approach" in reference to cheetolino, during the campaign and the way he said it, so wistfully and romantically, and the expression on his face was all homoerotic ardor (i'm not seriously claiming it was that, i am saying it looked just like tat would look lol). i kept thinking "broad shoulders"? really? he's more like a wimp/cowrad (don). outside the misogynist appeal i could see it have to trump and trumpets, i was trying to figure out who crafted that one (bannon or don himself) and asked pence to use it so much.  it played especially big back when they were on the "hillary's' dying/unstable" shtick.

and remember, just recently, don got two more britebart warriors as special aides. 

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

A popular deal going around here is pool betting of which happens first: serious mental destabilization as people eventually get fed-up (remember a significant majority of the electorate did not vote for trump and not all of those who did are bigots, krazy, stoopid, or dysfunctional) and the push-back gets a lot stronger, or impeachment. Most here think the mental melt down will come first. But he's been like this a long time, and I think hes got stamina:P

No matter how you justify your vote..someone knows the truth. :P

9 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I'm not sure what sources you are talking about.  I looked at the Fox News page and the Breitbart page last night before bed after seeing your post.  I didn't see much of anything that appeared to be related to the press conference (the big story on Fox's page was that Conway was blaming the press for threats made against her and the big story on the Breitbart page was the bureaucrats at the State Dept. let 500 refugees into the country before Trump signed the executive order).

I also strongly suspect many press briefings have good content in them that is missed (again, my point to Kilmer.  The press primarily is looking for clicks/ratings so in that sense they are looking for quick, sensation, and easy to understand stories).

In general, HERE (this board) is what we make of it.  If you think there is good content being missed, you should bring it here instead of focusing on (your precieved) failure of others.

(As just a member of this board of no actual significance), I'd like to personally encourage you to focus on what you can do rather than focus on what you consider to be failures of others.

If you watched MSNBC or CNN all you heard was talk about the voter fraud, not much time if any was given to the other 43 minutes of the press briefing.

I watch a lot of MSNBC but it's getting nauseating the way they are covering the President.

What's frustrating is you have 98% of the posters here just add libbing with worthless one liners but they don't really contribute.  I have tried to contribute on topics of healthcare, violence and drugs, immigration, and small business.  People don't really want to discuss issues unless it fits their narrative.  Just my opinion.

9 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Good point, but the point you're missing is that they (Trump team) created the mess by addressing it over the weekend and  then talking about illegal votes. If they shut their mouths, they can talk about policy. It works both ways.

I agree but why not discuss everything, I watched the entire briefing and there was plenty of other content that could be interesting to people.  Why do you think focusing on 1 piece of information and leaving out everything else is good journalism?

5 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

If you watched MSNBC or CNN all you heard was talk about the voter fraud, not much time if any was given to the other 43 minutes of the press briefing.

I watch a lot of MSNBC but it's getting nauseating the way they are covering the President.

I agree but why not discuss everything, I watched the entire briefing and there's was plenty of other content that could be interesting to people.

It's big news when the new president starts his term by telling lies that have already been refuted, and lies that are easily proved by just looking at a couple pictures.  It show a blatant lack of respect for the people of the United States.  So much so that it overshadows his policy agenda to some extent, because while we may not be able to agree on policy ramifications we should be able to agree on simple facts like attendance.

6 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I agree but why not discuss everything, I watched the entire briefing and there was plenty of other content that could be interesting to people.  Why do you think focusing on 1 piece of information and leaving out everything else is good journalism?

Because when liars lie, get caught in the lie, and then continue lieing about the subject - it grabs peoples attention...and news companies are here to make a $. 

Cable news is entertainment first. News second (or third..or fourth). 

More lies:

"Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from.

Mr. Langer, whom he described as a supporter, left feeling frustrated, he said.

The anecdote, the aides said, was greeted with silence, and Mr. Trump was prodded to change the subject by Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, and Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.

Just one problem: Mr. Langer, who lives in Boca Raton, Fla., is a German citizen with permanent residence status in the United States who is, by law, barred from voting, according to Mr. Langer’s daughter Christina.

“He is a citizen of Germany,” she said, when reached on her father’s cellphone. “He is not a friend of President Trump’s, and I don’t know why he would talk about him.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html?post_id=1625780906_10210620552383090#_=_

Archived