Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

The witnesses described the story this way: Mr. Langer, a 59-year-old native of Bavaria, Germany — a winner of the Masters twice and of more than 100 events on major professional golf tours around the world — was standing in line at a polling place near his home in Florida on Election Day, the president explained, when an official informed Mr. Langer he would not be able to vote.

Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html

How do people look like they should not be allowed to vote? Were they wearing "I'm a Mexican national" t-shirts? People will find any excuse for him. Oh he's just exaggerating.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html

How do people look like they should not be allowed to vote? Were they wearing "I'm a Mexican national" t-shirts? People will find any excuse for him. Oh he's just exaggerating.

I guess the German golfer could tell from the brown face.

We know that this guy Langer is stupid. He thought he could vote with a Green Card. How dumb can you be? WTF?

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Someone already said that this is his new birther movement.

45 minutes ago, twa said:

not if you used a registration for someone that moved,died ect or created your own.

double voting has certainly occurred,both in state and out.

Pretty big conspiracy.  Also, this would be extremely easy to check. Sample 10,000 people who voted at random and confirm that A: they are legal and B: they voted.  If you have the numbers Trump claims (2%+) you should get 200 hits.  But the GOP isn't going to do this because they know there isn't significant voter fraud because it has already been looked into. 

3 hours ago, Bang said:

This isn't about some poor sap being insecure. That's part of the lie, the distraction.

"the principle & which is quite true in itself & that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily,"

often misquoted or paraphrased as: "The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."

Guess where that comes from?

Hint: it has been rumored to be on trump's bedside table.

There's no way i believe this 'movement' has come this far without knowing each move it's making.  People can call me paranoid, or whatever. Maybe when it's not happening right in front of us.

~Bang

So in that context the voter fraud lie would be designed to modify the system in someway that they could more easily commit voter fraud for their side?

You claim the other side is cheating so the system needs to be changed, and then change it to something that lets you commit fraud?

Clever idea.

17 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Pretty big conspiracy.  Also, this would be extremely easy to check. Sample 10,000 people who voted at random and confirm that A: they are legal and B: they voted.  If you have the numbers Trump claims (2%+) you should get 200 hits.  But the GOP isn't going to do this because they know there isn't significant voter fraud because it has already been looked into. 

Try it and see in places w/o ID laws,and include double voters

I would guess about 1%....prove me wrong :)

add

Any voters you cannot verify on both count for me

6 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

Members on the left said the election and President were illegitimate due to the Russian hacks, the damage has already been done.

Were any of those the President? My point was that as the President, the Twitler needs to act as such and not continue to act like a 3yo petulant child. He also needs to make sure that when he claims something this far fetched, he has the ammo to back it up. He owes that to the 44 people who held office before him.

3 hours ago, twa said:

Try it and see in places w/o ID laws,and include double voters

I would guess about 1%....prove me wrong :)

add

Any voters you cannot verify on both count for me

They had some recounts in NC this last cycle (no voter ID required) due the the close governors election and the sitting governor was crying voter fraud after he lost. Well, his alleged mass voter fraud was reject by fellow GOP members that, at the time, had the majority on every county board of elections. In a couple of places they actually did recounting, the Dems lead grew and there was no sign of any voter fraud.

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

They had some recounts in NC this last cycle (no voter ID required) due the the close governors election and the sitting governor was crying voter fraud after he lost. Well, his alleged mass voter fraud was reject by fellow GOP members that, at the time, had the majority on every county board of elections. In a couple of places they actually did recounting, the Dems lead grew and there was no sign of any voter fraud.

Dammit Hersh. But they feel these things to be true and self evident. Jose has the time and inclination to load up his truck with his buddies and vote in one precinct them go drive to another one to vote again. It's all very plausible.

8 hours ago, PeterMP said:

So in that context the voter fraud lie would be designed to modify the system in someway that they could more easily commit voter fraud for their side?

You claim the other side is cheating so the system needs to be changed, and then change it to something that lets you commit fraud?

Clever idea.

Hardly new,, just being modified to fit our system.

The lie is designed to convince the rubes it's not only happening, but in fact has been happening all their lives..  to the end game of blaming political enemies for subverting the country since ____ . 

The changes that may come will definitely favor the right wing agenda, and do as much as it can to limit or even deny the vote to anyone not falling in line.

In the tricks Goebbels and Hitler used, they used failed elections to stir this up (blamed it on jews and outsiders for stealing their elections and trying to vote in people who could continue their agenda of keeping germany under the heel.   sound familiar?)   they de-legitimized the election results when they didn't win, demanded plebiscites, re-votes.. which they then stole. Thus, they were 'voted into power".  (they managed to convince a lot of people that they were not only not responsible for world war 1, but were the victims. Germany was crushed for daring to be great, and the others wanted to keep them from their destiny of greatness. Sound familiar? They even got into bed with the Russians.... til they broke the treaty.)

In this case, he's already been voted in. But in our system of government it is not so easy to crush political opposition from rising again in a few years.

So it'll be interesting (meaning ****ed up and scary) how they manipulate this into denying or marginalizing the rights to vote. i expect the big push to make it happen before the  mid-terms so they can solidify. By the 4th year,,  who knows. I have doubts Donny will just get out of the chair when told.

But if anyone believes they're doing this because they truly believe there is actually fraud on the level that the popular vote is in question (that in fact the president did win it.. which is what the goal is.. to legitimize and create a false mandate), well, they are just the sort of gullible fool they want yelling out in front of them.

~Bang

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

How did those recounts verify who voted?

A buddy of mine works in Durham for the board of elections. We had an interesting talk about the following situation. 

Person A votes early but does before election day. Does their vote count?

(This happened in NC, I'll tell you his thoughts in a bit)

Let's put on our critical thinking caps

Republicans claim voter fraud is a problem necessitating restrictive voter laws

Republicans have controlled the investigative branch of government for 6 years

Even in the face of Trump's claims the House says they are not going to investigate.

1 hour ago, twa said:

How did those recounts verify who voted?

Provisional votes that were challenged were verified as I think people were notified.

The idea that people walked into voting booths, gave fake names and recited addresses correctly is nonsensical. While I suppose it's possible voter fraud occurred with absentee balloting, Republicans didn't it was a big deal since they didn't address absentee voting with their voter ID bill that was thrown out in court. 

2 hours ago, Bang said:

But if anyone believes they're doing this because they truly believe there is actually fraud on the level that the popular vote is in question (that in fact the president did win it.. which is what the goal is.. to legitimize and create a false mandate), well, they are just the sort of gullible fool they want yelling out in front of them.

~Bang

You do seem to being a bit of a conspiracy theorist here.  The nice thing about is that you are making predictions about what will happen so that allows for better evaluation.

27 minutes ago, twa said:

I think you are confusing investigative with oversight.

the investigative branch had one of it's heads charged with contempt of Congress.

So Chaffetz can't launch an investigation?

I may be wrong in my terminology but the fact remains the house has the power look into just about anything it wants.  See Benghazi and emails.

9 hours ago, PeterMP said:

You do seem to being a bit of a conspiracy theorist here.  The nice thing about is that you are making predictions about what will happen so that allows for better evaluation.

I do realize i am seemingly over the top in paranoia.

Unfortunately, the dots are connecting too easily, the correlations are too easily drawn.

I know of godwin's law and all that, and unfortunately, when comparisons to totalitarian regimes spring up, in particular that one, folks always immediately jump to what was really it's final days with the horrors of holocaust, etc.

But the fact is, they began to get the power that allowed for that nearly 20 years before, and in fact had almost total power for almost ten years before they started WW2 and genocides.

It's how they achieved that power that is correlating.

What they did with it,,,  well, i am never one who believes that anyone with absolute power won't do similarly. Throughout history, that is what they have done.

But as far as predicting anything like that.. I can't conceive of them trying to put whoever they perceive as liberal or muslim or whatever into concentration camps.

Now, the for profit prison industry keeps providing them with slave labor...  this could be construed as such, especially if we see these forced laborers building the wall, as Arizona has donated their prison populations for the project.

the slopes are steepening and they are pouring oil on them.

oh, and @PeterMP, i hope i am completely dead wrong with egg on my face for every day from here on out through his glorious presidency. Just for the record. :D

~Bang

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Let's put on our critical thinking caps

Republicans claim voter fraud is a problem necessitating restrictive voter laws

Republicans have controlled the investigative branch of government for 6 years

Even in the face of Trump's claims the House says they are not going to investigate.

See, i think even if the house says no, he will say "we will do it anyway, and we will hire the bestest most amazing investigators in history, and believe me, we will find what we're looking for.".

(and they will find it, whether it exists or not, or whether anyone ever investigates the thing for even a single minute.)

And any republican who complains will face political reprisals.

His mob will insist that everything he 'finds" is factual, and they will turn on whoever stands against it as conspirators in the fraud.

Donald Trump has shown completely and thoroughly throughout his entire career, throughout the entire campaign, and even now, that he firmly believes that the rules do not apply to him, he can bully his way through anything so long as he has enough money or support. and so far he's been 1000000% correct in this.

Why should anyone believe he gives a **** about checks and balances... especially if they stand in his way?

He doesn't, and he won't, and his mob will support it no matter what

~Bang

2 hours ago, twa said:

I think you are confusing investigative with oversight.

the investigative branch had one of it's heads charged with contempt of Congress.

We can solve this problem today.

Blacks and Latinos can't vote. Asians have to pass a test a reading comprehension test in English.

That would ultimately give the GOP what it wants here. 

1 hour ago, Bang said:

I do realize i am seemingly over the top in paranoia

It's not paranoia when the **** is actually happening right in front of our eyes. Just because a bunch of people have chosen to play 3 Monkeys and cover theirs doesn't mean it is visible.

Not even a week in, think about that, not even a week but I try to see the silver lining, it's because they know this ****show won't and can't last, and they're trying to grab as much as they can before the cops show up.

Archived