Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

3 hours ago, s0crates said:

This whole "Russia rigged the election" bull**** message is a way to divert attention from the fact the Dems just got wiped out at every level of government.

Except at intelligence agencies.  Apparently Democrats are in charge of all of those.

On 1/31/2017 at 10:32 AM, Dan T. said:

The rest of this discussion is mostly noise which obscures the fact that this President has a very shaky relationship to the truth. 

The Great Wall of of China couldn't obscure that :ols:

On 1/31/2017 at 10:33 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Oh no doubt. I'm not aware though of people making that claim (about the legit purges). 

A questions I've struggled with is...what's worse... someone being denied the right to lawfully vote or someone voting twice in the same election?

I'm not sure there is a right answer. But I suspect the odds of the first one happening are more frequent than the second. Of course, I have no proof of that. 

They are not denied a vote, they just use provisional ballots.

Not much different than being challenged at the polls.

1 hour ago, twa said:

Which ones determined Russia rigged the election?

:)

Same ones who are collaborating with the Democratic elites.

Sigh, you know full well what Soc meant, and what I meant, and what everyone means, but here you are again, playing your little semantics games.

Seriously comrade, will you just get your fellow Texans to secede from the US and join Russia already, your little games are tiresome.

There is more than semantics involved in the difference between rigged and tried to influence a election....words matter(just look at Trump for example :))

And I suspect that is why so many Dems use rigged.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

There is more than semantics involved in the difference between rigged and tried to influence a election....words matter(just look at Trump for example :))

And I suspect that is why so many Dems use rigged.

Dem elites and leaders didn't allege rigging all that much, that was mostly far left websites and smaller time individuals.  Supported auditing, sure, but supporting an audit and alleging rigging are two different things.

Which means Soc was either suggesting that Dem leaders did something they didn't do, or he was using the term interchangeably with "influence."

Either way, he's taking an unwarranted pot shot at Dem leaders, but I'd like to think Soc is caught up on political matters so I'm guessing the latter.  There are plenty of things to criticize Dem leaders on.  Them calling attention to the Russian hacking issue is not one of them.

Just now, twa said:

The Dem leadership is blaming everyone but themselves....and deserve potshots after blowing a Billion while losing the the Orange dude.:ols:

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

There are plenty of things to criticize Dem leaders on.  Them calling attention to the Russian hacking issue is not one of them.

So...is your post another pot shot?  I mean, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks Dem leadership doesn't deserve at least some blame.

But the core of the issue is this:

We have a President who is more interested in lying about non-existent voter fraud than about Russia influencing our elections.  We have a President more interested in taking rash actions based on those lies than maintaining our longest, strongest alliances.

So while Soc is busy attacking the dem establishment every opportunity he gets (and voting against his self-interest while he's at it), and you're busy jumping around arguing semantics for the lulz of it, the US is ceasing to become a superpower.

It mirrors America pretty well right now.  A sufficiently large percentage of the population is so pissed off/mentally absorbed with specific trees that they miss the big honking forest.

She is Conway.

"She told MSNBC's Chris Matthews:
"I bet it's brand new information to people that President Obama had a 6-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre. It didn't get covered."

As has been covered in multiple places, there was no 6 month ban, but even more blatant, there was no "Bowing Green massacre".  There was no terrorist attack at all in Bowling Green, and the Iraqis that were arrested in Bowling Green were arrested for trying to send weapons overseas.  Not for planning an attack in the US."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/conway-bowling-green/index.html

And of course Mathews didn't call her on it.  He allowed her to tell his viewers there was an unreported massacre in Bowling Green without calling her out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kellyanne-conway-creates-fake-bowling-green-massacre-story-a7560526.html

Misrepresenting the Obama administration is pretty normal politics.  To completely make up a terrorist attack that didn't happen and then blame the press for not reporting on it takes things to another level.

She's tweeting that she meant terrorist:

And just to be clear, there is no claim that these guys did anything illegal in the US until the FBI set a sting for them or they ever planned to kill or attack anybody or anything in the US or anywhere else after coming to the US (The FBI set up a sting for them where they thought they were supplying weapons for Al Qeada).

And with that said, I'm not saying that they aren't bad guys, shouldn't have been allowed in the country, shouldn't be sent to prison, or the FBI shouldn't have set up a sting for them.

56 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

She's tweeting that she meant terrorist:

"...were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green terrorists."

yeah, no lol...that sounds even worse.

She worded her original statement as though she truly thought (or wanted others to think) there actually was a Bowling Green massacre of some sort.

There are hundreds, probably thousands of terrorists in the United states.

But i bet only a small percentage of them are Islamic terrorists.

In fact, i'd bet most of them are white.

I bet there's a good sized percentage of people ready to become terrorists for whatever cause they champion because their chosen media is pushing their buttons and scaring the **** out of everyone.

Course, they don't ever see themselves as terrorists. And our media is not ready to label them as such unless they are a muslim.

~Bang

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

There are hundreds, probably thousands of terrorists in the United states.

But i bet only a small percentage of them are Islamic terrorists.

In fact, i'd bet most of them are white.

I bet there's a good sized percentage of people ready to become terrorists for whatever cause they champion because their chosen media is pushing their buttons and scaring the **** out of everyone.

Course, they don't ever see themselves as terrorists. And our media is not ready to label them as such unless they are a muslim.

~Bang

About to say the same thing on another thread...we "may have dozens" of Islamic terrorists in the U.S,, but hundreds if not thousands of terrorists of every other nationality living here as well. We always have. We always will.

@PeterMP

saw that this a.m....she also parroted the "obama banned refugees for 6 months" for the umpteenh time kowing it's a lie...truly epic levels of detachment from both honesty and reality in this admin...which seem to fit with much of his support base...talk radio demographics have long informed us that many millions faithfully follow even the serious whackjob right wing figures as well as follow the conspiracy-specialty mavens, and certainly their online presence is well supported by millions. Bannon and trump have harnessed that bubbly brain chemistry (well, trump is one of them, bannon somewhat) and welded it to millions of gopers willing to accommodate.

Archived