Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

On January 28, 2017 at 10:29 PM, btfoom said:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/

Trump argument bolstered: Clinton could have received 800,000 votes from noncitizens

By Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times - Thursday, January 26, 2017

Hillary Clinton garnered more than 800,000 votes from noncitizens on Nov. 8, an approximation far short of President Trump’s estimate of up to 5 million illegal voters but supportive of his charges of fraud.

Political scientist Jesse Richman of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, has worked with colleagues to produce groundbreaking research on noncitizen voting, and this week he posted a blog in response to Mr. Trump’s assertion.

Based on national polling by a consortium of universities, a report by Mr. Richman said 6.4 percent of the estimated 20 million adult noncitizens in the U.S. voted in November. He extrapolated that that percentage would have added 834,381 net votes for Mrs. Clinton, who received about 2.8 million more votes than Mr. Trump.

Mr. Richman calculated that Mrs. Clinton would have collected 81 percent of noncitizen votes.

“Is it plausible that non-citizen votes added to Clinton’s margin? Yes,” Mr. Richman wrote. “Is it plausible that non-citizen votes account for the entire nation-wide popular vote margin held by Clinton? Not at all.”

Still, the finding is significant because it means noncitizens may have helped Mrs. Clinton carry a state or finish better than she otherwise would have.

So, not as "crazy" as it may have seemed.

YES. It is...  

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/stop-citing-our-work-virginia-professor-says-trumps-twisting-his-research-on-non-citizen-voting/

Even if non-citizens attempted to vote at the same rate last last, and every single one of them had voted for Clinton, Richman said they would not have cost Trump the popular vote.

The professor, who describes himself as a political moderate, said nearly everyone has tried to twist the findings to suit their own agenda.

“The right wing saw this as a dramatic confirmation of everything they’d believed and feared about illegal voters supporting Democrats,” he told WAVY-TV. “On the left, they claim the study has no evidentiary basis and it’s been debunked for whatever reason for the other and the truth is in the middle.”

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Honest question:  do you have to unregister in states?  I registered in MD a while ago and then in FL when I moved here.  Am I registered in two states?

I have no idea...  good question.  Honestly, I wouldn't care (about the issue) at all, except it keeps getting linked to Trump and his BS rhetoric. 

(That's not a general, "I hate Trump and so think it's great")

Totally random, but I'll say one thing for DT - he's been great for my post count! :rofl89::silly: :wacko:

Edit:  Checked the 'old google machine and I'm not getting far - seems that the issue regards owning a residence in multiple states.  

11 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Honest question:  do you have to unregister in states?  I registered in MD a while ago and then in FL when I moved here.  Am I registered in two states?

No you don't have to unregister and yes you are probably still registered in 2 states. Typically if you don't vote for x amount of elections in you old state, you will be purged from the voting rolls there. 

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No you don't have to unregister and yes you are probably still registered in 2 states. Typically if you don't vote for x amount of elections in you old state, you will be purged from the voting rolls there. 

Interesting.  So the reports of that guy being registered in 3 states could be a big deal about nothing, correct?  He could have just had a similar circumstance to me?  Also, is there anything to keep me from having voted in Florida, driving to Maryland, and voting there?  (Not that it would have been worth the cost).

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Interesting.  So the reports of that guy being registered in 3 states could be a big deal about nothing, correct?  He could have just had a similar circumstance to me?  Also, is there anything to keep me from having voted in Florida, driving to Maryland, and voting there?  (Not that it would have been worth the cost).

Correct. He (as as aside..why he is being touted as an "expert"???) only voted in 1 state. The story grew legs because of the Twitlers claim that people being registered in multiple states proves voter fraud. Then it was revealed that some of Cheetolini's White House cronies AND family members were registered in multiple states. :rofl89:

16 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Just pointing out that when Dems complain about voters being "purged" from the rolls, the numbers the cite include people who have moved, died etc.  

Not really. The complaint was that people were purged who had done no such thing. Like in Florida circa 2000 when people were purged because the SOS decided to use a severely flawed private company to remove people from the rolls. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Central_Voter_File

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not really. The complaint was that people were purged who had done no such thing. Like in Florida circa 2000 when people were purged because the SOS decided to use a severely flawed private company to remove people from the rolls. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Central_Voter_File

There are certainly examples of people incorrectly being purged.  But when someone complains that "millions of people have been purged" or some other broad assertion, their actually being truthful, but only because every year lots of people (maybe even millions) NEED to be purged for legitimate reasons.

Yeah, let us reset the issue.  Donald J. Trump uttered the bald-faced lie -  to members of Congress - that 3 to 5 million people voted illegally, and that every one of them voted for his opponent, costing him the popular vote in the Presidential election.  The rest of this discussion is mostly noise which obscures the fact that this President has a very shaky relationship to the truth. 

13 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

There are certainly examples of people incorrectly being purged.  But when someone complains that "millions of people have been purged" or some other broad assertion, their actually being truthful, but only because every year lots of people (maybe even millions) NEED to be purged for legitimate reasons.

Oh no doubt. I'm not aware though of people making that claim (about the legit purges). 

A questions I've struggled with is...what's worse... someone being denied the right to lawfully vote or someone voting twice in the same election?

I'm not sure there is a right answer. But I suspect the odds of the first one happening are more frequent than the second. Of course, I have no proof of that. 

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Yeah, let us reset the issue.  Donald J. Trump uttered the bald-faced lie -  to members of Congress - that 3 to 5 million people voted illegally, and that every one of them voted for his opponent, costing him the popular vote in the Presidential election.  The rest of this discussion is mostly noise which obscures the fact that this President has a very shaky relationship to the truth. 

I dont think it's possible to obscure what Trump is doing.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Oh no doubt. I'm not aware though of people making that claim (about the legit purges). 

A questions I've struggled with is...what's worse... someone being denied the right to lawfully vote or someone voting twice in the same election?

I'm not sure there is a right answer. But I suspect the odds of the first one happening are more frequent than the second. Of course, I have no proof of that. 

It depends on who they were going to vote for vs who they voted for twice!

54 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Interesting.  So the reports of that guy being registered in 3 states could be a big deal about nothing, correct?

It's 100% about nothing. The whole thing is about nothing. That's the point of noting his multi-state registration. Him & Trump are the ones making a big deal of the nothing.

12 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You probably are. States will usually coordinate registrations across the localities but state to state is a little less process-oriented. 

As expected..I think Trump has moved on from his claims and will pretend that it's settled that there was fraud.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/politics/trump-voter-fraud-executive-order/index.html

Still no executive order on voter fraud, as Trump moves on

Washington (CNN)A full week has passed since President Donald Trump said he would sign an executive order opening a Justice Department investigation into his unsubstantiated claim that millions of people voted illegally in November.

The Oval Office signing was abruptly canceled last Thursday and never rescheduled. The White House hasn't talked about it since. The President has moved on to other subjects.
A senior administration official told CNN that the voter fraud investigation is no longer a top priority for the President, insisting it's not off the table, but not expected anytime soon.
The President has repeatedly claimed without evidence that 3 to 5 million people -- mainly undocumented immigrants -- committed voter fraud in his race with Hillary Clinton. He lost the popular vote to Clinton by nearly 3 million votes.
For days, the allegations overshadowed his message. Republican congressional leaders privately urged him to drop the matter, which escalated after Trump declared last week on Twitter: "I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and ... even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time)."

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Only bad (for Trump) could have emerged out of a Fraud investigation.

2 years from now..

Believe me..I'd won the popular vote if all those illegals didn't vote. I was gonna bust them too..bigly...but I chose to focus on keeping them out of the US so that more of them couldn't illegally vote. 

On January 29, 2017 at 8:12 AM, Springfield said:

This whole illegal voting bull**** message from Trump is a way to divert attention from the fact that Russia actually tried to mettle in our election.

Notice how this thread has been active in comparison to the Russia tampering thread?  It's working.

Trump is playing the media and the country like a fiddle.

This whole "Russia rigged the election" bull**** message is a way to divert attention from the fact the Dems just got wiped out at every level of government.

Notice how there is no Dem autopsy thread? It's working.

Establishment Dems and the media are playing the country like a fiddle.

:P

Archived