Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

This makes sense if the goal is to purge the voter rolls in a way that ends up preventing people from voting (which will impact Ds more).  If you have the SSNs, then you can tell that Jose Sanchez in PA is a different person than Jose Sanchez in VA.  If you don't have the SSNs, then that is just potential voter fraud.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This makes sense if the goal is to purge the voter rolls in a way that ends up preventing people from voting (which will impact Ds more).  If you have the SSNs, then you can tell that Jose Sanchez in PA is a different person than Jose Sanchez in VA.  If you don't have the SSNs, then that is just potential voter fraud.  

Are you talking about the first 3 digits?  Because I have a different states's code, but have moved all over the place only to land in Gotham, GA.

3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Does the Fed Govt have any recourse?  Or any way to force cooperation?

Oh, as we all know, there's lots of things the federal government could do, if they had the will. 

Cut off highway funds to the state. 

Heck, cut off Medicare/SS to the state. 

There's even a historical precedent for Congress to refuse to seat legislators from the state, until they comply. 

But, as as to things they might actually do?  

They could try try to get a warrant. But that would require them to actually have probable cause that a crime was committed. You know, the thing that they were created, to manufacture. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Are you talking about the first 3 digits?  Because I have a different states's code, but have moved all over the place only to land in Gotham, GA.

Talking about any portion of your SSN, or anything else that uniquely identifies you.  

40 minutes ago, Larry said:

Oh, as we all know, there's lots of things the federal government could do, if they had the will. 

Cut off highway funds to the state. 

Heck, cut off Medicare/SS to the state. 

There's even a historical precedent for Congress to refuse to seat legislators from the state, until they comply. 

But, as as to things they might actually do?  

They could try try to get a warrant. But that would require them to actually have probable cause that a crime was committed. You know, the thing that they were created, to manufacture. 

I don't think this is true.  Congress could put conditions on certain types of funding, for example, cutting off portions of transportation funding to states that don't comply with the drinking age limit.  But it has to be related and the conditions have to be reasonable.  

Congress could not, because of the 10th amendment, coerce a state into providing these voter rolls by threatening to cut off all highway funds or Medicare/SS.  

Here is a relevant SCOTUS ruling:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota_v._Dole.  Note that it was about a condition put into a new law, not cutting of funds that were already appropriated, and it was over 5% of the funding, and the conditions were related, reasonable and in the public interest. 

Mississippi's official response to the letter includes this:

In the event I were to receive correspondence from the Commission requesting the following,

[The wording of the request from the letter]

My reply would be: They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great State to launch from.

If you think I'm joking, you can see it here:  http://www.sos.ms.gov/About/Pages/Press-Release.aspx?pr=800

Keep it sassy, Mississippi.

Hey Kobach! The mere fact that you requested this info from the states already breeds suspicion!!!

As a matter of fact I agree with you! There had to have been massive voter fraud in Kentucky!! No way there are that many stupid people here that would have voted for Trump!! #VerySuspicious 

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

I love Alison!!! I want to have her babies!!!

Kick his ass!! I'll bring the bourbon!!!

I'm not gonna post his tweet from this morning but I guess we're cool with the fact that he's now hinting that more than half the states are involved in some kind of voter fraud conspiracy because they won't release the info he wants. 

He's going to leave our institutions bruised and battered.

We're going to let Donald effing Trump destroy some of the publics faith in hugely important aspects of our social fabric.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

We're going to let Donald effing Trump destroy some of the publics faith in hugely important aspects of our social fabric.

Well, his election certainly destroyed mine.  

Archived