Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

On 7/14/2017 at 11:31 AM, visionary said:

I assume folks upset over possible 'doxing' that did not happen will be outraged at this....

Supposedly, they put out a blurb at some point saying info provided may be made public... don't think it was attached to the forms or anything though, so you'd have had to 'come across' it.  Pretty darn shady, it not just plain ****ing wrong.  

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/19/voting-commission/103824608/

Trump criticizes states withholding voter info

Washington — President Donald Trump kicked off his voter fraud commission’s first meeting Wednesday by criticizing states that failed to comply with the commission’s requests to turn over voter information. Trump says “one has to wonder what they’re worried about.”

Numerous states rebuffed the commission’s request for detailed voter data, including voter names, voting histories and party registrations.

Trump said the commission will “protect” the nation’s democracy and “uphold the integrity of the ballot.” He insisted it would be nonpartisan and “follow the facts” wherever they might lead.

There is no evidence of widespread voter fraud in last year’s election. But Trump signed an executive action to create the commission, led by Vice President Mike Pence, to investigate any improper voting.

Democrats have attacked the commission as a ploy to disenfranchise voters. Critics argued that complying would legitimize the effort, which many see as part of a conservative campaign to strip minority voters and poor people from the voter rolls. The request has also sparked numerous lawsuits.

*Click Link For More*

Disenfranchise voters, disarm citizens, deny services...

Boy what's not to love about the federal government having everyone's voting record? I'm sure none of the political parties would EVER use such information to help themselves to more power and to harm those who vote against them.

Boy, i tellya,, thank the heavens those GOP watchdogs are keeping government overstep firmly in check.

**** them, and **** anyone who agrees with this bull****.

~Bang

And yet, I would like to see a serious, non-biased, attempt to find people voting in multiple states. 

I'll confess that I imagine it happening a lot more among Republicans. Partially because my mental image of a multi-state voter is somebody who owns property in multiple states, and I assume that those people mostly vote R. 

And the only way such a thing can be done, is at the federal level. Nobody else has the data. 

But I agree. This thing is an attempt to manufacture an excuse for disenfranchisement. The selection of the membership made that obvious from the start. 

Just like we may never know if the Russians hacked us. 

Trump's fragile ego cannot handle the idea that Clinton was more popular than him. In the same way he can't handle that his innauguration had fewer attendees. 

Trump's the type of guy to pull on his pecker while measuring it to prove it grew!

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'm pretty sure we know they did.

Ya think?

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That this is all the commission exists for is exactly why no one wants to participate. You cant trust anything that comes from these people anyway. 

Yup, trying to invalidate Clinton voters and disenfranchising anyone who disagrees with Trump. Screw Trump and his bruised ego.

Trump's brain works the same way as a lot of people I know.

That is, they just say things that sound right. They say it with authority. Because to them, they think they've thought it through and why would it be any other way than the way they think it is? And when challenged on it, you get some form of "Oh yeah? Well that's just like, your opinion man"

At which I can't even muster the desire to continue the conversation. If you think everything is just a matter of opinion, and therefore you cannot possible be wrong about something, then... well, sounds like a waste of time to me.

It's just incredible to hear the crap people repeat. Then realize why Trump appeals to them  - he sounds like them.

3 hours ago, Bang said:

Disenfranchise voters, disarm citizens, deny services...

Boy what's not to love about the federal government having everyone's voting record? I'm sure none of the political parties would EVER use such information to help themselves to more power and to harm those who vote against them.

Boy, i tellya,, thank the heavens those GOP watchdogs are keeping government overstep firmly in check.

**** them, and **** anyone who agrees with this bull****.

~Bang

Not to mention disbanding all the government election watchdogs. What purpose could they possibly serve? It's not like someone tried to hack our elections? It's not like someone tried to hack our voter rolls? It's not like the President is claiming voter fraud on a scale never before imagined!

PB -- that's fake news..

It must be nice to have, or think you have hypnotic phrases you can throw out that make people follow you.

Voter fraud.brought us 8 years of Obama, therefore he was the illegitimate President.

Probably deserves its own thread:

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/344488-hackers-break-into-voting-machines-in-minutes-at-hacking-competition

Hackers break into voting machines in minutes at hacking competition

Hackers at at a competition in Las Vegas were able to successfully breach the software of U.S. voting machines in just 90 minutes on Friday, illuminating glaring security deficiencies in America's election infrastructure.

Tech minds at the annual "DEF CON" in Las Vegas were given physical voting machines and remote access, with the instructions of gaining access to the software.

According to a Register report, within minutes, hackers exposed glaring physical and software vulnerabilities across multiple U.S. voting machine companies' products.

Some devices were found to have physical ports that could be used to attach devices containing malicious software. Others had insecure Wi-Fi connections, or were running outdated software with security vulnerabilities like Windows XP.

The Register reported that the challenge was designed by Jake Braun, the Chief Executive Officer of Cambridge Global Advisors and Managing Director of Cambridge Global Capital. 

“Without question, our voting systems are weak and susceptible. Thanks to the contributions of the hacker community today, we've uncovered even more about exactly how,” Braun said.

Archived