Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

17 minutes ago, visionary said:

Kind of like the Voter ID laws, I can see conflicting arguments.

Yes, it absolutely, obviously, is simply yet another obvious attempt to suppress the votes of people who vote D. 

And yet, it has a nice "cover story". 

I can see the argument that people have to pick one place to live. That one can't say that well, I live here for voting purposes, but I live somewhere else for purposes of paying taxes on my car. 

I live in a college town. There's lots of license plates that I see around town, for months, from out of state. License plates from Alaska, fer crying out loud. That person, and that car, live in Florida. (At least 10 months out of the year. Almost certainly 12 months). He just doesn't feel like paying Florida taxes on it. 

OTOH, that thing cuts both ways, too. I'm absolutely certain that, if that car gets Florida plates, UF is not going to instantly start charging him in-state tuition. The state would love to call him a resident for purposes of taxation, but non-resident for tuition. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

why can't they just vote absentee in their registered state like us military folk do?

Couple thoughts:

Why don’t you switch your voter registration to where you are stationed if within US?

I bet a lot of college students sign up initially to vote where they attend college. What’s wrong with that?

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Couple thoughts:

Why don’t you switch your voter registration to where you are stationed if within US?

I bet a lot of college students sign up initially to vote where they attend college. What’s wrong with that?

1.  I honestly dont really know.  Probably, for me personally at least, its because Im a Florida resident and dont want to pay state tax when I move elsewhere.  Also, I know many people dont switch because its not their "home" but just where they are stopping over for a couple years.

2.  Nothing majorily wrong with it but nothing majorily right either.  I was honestly just asking.  Them voting at their "home" via absentee just feels right.  I would be curious to see what having all military vote vote in VA would do to how elections swing there.  Military tends to be more Right leaning.

31 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

1.  I honestly dont really know.  Probably, for me personally at least, its because Im a Florida resident and dont want to pay state tax when I move elsewhere.  Also, I know many people dont switch because its not their "home" but just where they are stopping over for a couple years.

2.  Nothing majorily wrong with it but nothing majorily right either.  I was honestly just asking.  Them voting at their "home" via absentee just feels right.  I would be curious to see what having all military vote vote in VA would do to how elections swing there.  Military tends to be more Right leaning.

The more civic engagement, the better. Students or military getting involved where they are going to school or based, shouldn’t be discouraged at all. I’m not saying you are doing that but it shouldn’t matter how we feel, only that a citizen is involved.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think there's some solid logic behind voting where you spend 80-100% of the year. 

(Note, I did not move my voter registration in college. I could understand why people would feel justified in doing so though. Why vote in elections that will have less impact on your daily life?)

8 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Lots of military in Northern Virginia and the Tidewater, yet these are the Blue parts of the Commonwealth. 

But how many of them are voting in the local election and how many are doing absentee for somewhere else?  I honestly have no clue.

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wish the right leaning folks would realize that the GOP is no longer the Republican Party.

I disagree.  They are the same.  What is important to realize is neither are actually conservatives anymore.  Or, you know.........moral.

5 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I think there's some solid logic behind voting where you spend 80-100% of the year. 

(Note, I did not move my voter registration in college. I could understand why people would feel justified in doing so though. Why vote in elections that will have less impact on your daily life?)

I can see both sides of it.  I'm not actually super committed to either argument.  I can see a good case be made for both and wouldn't be upset if it went either way.  As long as I can keep claiming a state without tax, I'm good.

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Another lie, they won't destroy that data, too valuable in their underground effort to supress votes.

Sure they will. They'll shred everything they've got. Then burn the confetti. 

They gave the data to their cronies the day they got it. Just in case a court ordered them to give it back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived