Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

43 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Some one please beat this over the orange buffons head during debates.... He is utterly full of ****

It doesn’t matter to his supporters. He’s been a huge failure on so many levels it’s boggles the mind that he has any support and yet he’s at 90 percent support of the remaining GOP.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

The problem is that Republicans only give a damn about deficits and debt when they are out of office. Time and again, when they regain power they prove themselves the more fiscally irresponsible party.

I will repeat again.  

The last time a Republican President left office with a smaller deficit than when he came in, the President was Eisenhower.  

The last time a Democrat President left office with a bigger deficit than when he came in, the President was FDR.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-people-are-the-ultimate-victims-of-the-presidents-hoax/2019/03/05/bd83486e-3f83-11e9-9361-301ffb5bd5e6_story.html?utm_term=.ea1229917523

Last August, President Trump went to Charleston, W.Va., for a “mission accomplished” moment.

He had already boasted to his Fox News fan base that “I’ve turned West Virginia around, because [of] what I’ve done environmentally with coal.” In Charleston, he said that “we are putting our great coal miners back to work” by ending what he had dubbed the Obama administration’s “war on coal” and that, under his leadership, West Virginia had “on a per capita basis one of the most successful GDP states in our union.”

“The coal industry is back,” Trump declared.

Alas, it was an illusion — or, as Trump might put it, a hoax.

Last week, the Commerce Department reported that during the third quarter of 2018 — the period during which Trump took his Charleston victory lap — West Virginia’s gross domestic product grew exactly 0.0 percent. As in, zilch. As in, the worst in the nation.

Quarterly figures are volatile, but clearly, two years into the Trump presidency, both West Virginia and the coal industry remain in bad shape. Coal-plant closures nationwide reached a near-record in 2018, production was off sharply, and U.S. coal consumption hit a 40-year low. Jobs in coal have barely budged, from 51,000 at the end of 2016 to 52,700 today.

......WINNING.......

3 hours ago, First Colony said:

Aha, the ol' "from what they tell me" or "I've been told" or "they say".  It's a sure sign that he's just making **** up.

Trump seems to really be hung up on "giving letters". Has he been watching a lot of Sesame Street recently or something?

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I still don't get the love for Trump there. I understand how red WV has gotten...but Trump is the antithesis of what that state used to support. And it's not like there are a lot of coal people left anyways, right?

Is is because the youth left (and continues to leave) the state and all that's mostly left are geriatric narrow-minded folks? That actually sounds like Trump now...so nevermind...I get it. 😁

I think this reinforces that "economic anxiety" as justification for Trump has always been bull****. The only time this guy gets pushback from his base is when he's insufficiently racist - like when they decided he wasn't doing enough to build the wall. 

He is all over the place economically, they don't care. If the gov't cut taxes exclusively for billionaires tomorrow they wouldn't care. Support for this idiot is 100% cultural and will not change. 

5 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

I think this reinforces that "economic anxiety" as justification for Trump has always been bull****. The only time this guy gets pushback from his base is when he's insufficiently racist - like when they decided he wasn't doing enough to build the wall. 

Right, and I think the "economic anxiety" isn't 100% not true, however what I do think is that their economic anxiety has easily been manipulated into "blame the browns, blacks, gays, liberals" in the snap of a finger.  Sometimes when people are mad, all you need to do is point them in the direction (wrong) of who to be mad at.

Just saying, 

I'm not certain that checking up on people who appear to be organizing (or as least involved with the organizers) of a massive, international, "illegal"* operation targeting the US, might not be unwarranted. 

(Although, taken in context with all the other things I've seen lately, that make me suspect that entities like the border patrol seem to be magnets for racists who couldn't pass the psych exam for LAPD, and missed their chance to be prison guards at Abu Garahib, I'm not going to assume this was all a discrete, professional, non-abusive, investigation, either.)

* "Illegal" in quotes because I'm aware that technically, entering the US for the purpose of requesting asylum isn't technically illegal. But it can be pretty close. (Or an easily abused coverup story). And I can't think of a better term. 

it really is too bad that Obama didn't sign a bill requiring fat orange men with ridiculously vain hairstyles to breathe.

I think that dumb **** would cancel it and suffocate himself just for spite.

~Bang

51 minutes ago, Bang said:

it really is too bad that Obama didn't sign a bill requiring fat orange men with ridiculously vain hairstyles to breathe.

I think that dumb **** would cancel it and suffocate himself just for spite.

~Bang

It's not a bad idea. We could float the idea on Twitter that Obama was for X or spearheaded Y. Trump in his contradictory zeal would fall for it.

Archived