Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

57 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Fixed it for you ;)  Media is a circus....

Fox was groundbreaking in this regards, and arguably still the most shameless.

Add: Though you do have to give am radio personalities like Limbaugh their due, they preceded cable news.

well, other than Der Sturmer and a hundred other fascist propaganda outlets that there have been,, sure.. Fox and Rush broke ground by using the same exact playbook and just replacing the word "jews" with "liberals".

fortune-teller.jpgAs far as Trump making a list of the 'reporters' he thinks is best... what is he, in fourth grade?

I bet he uses one of these for the really important decisions

~Bang

7 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Fox was groundbreaking in this regards, and arguably still the most shameless.

Add: Though you do have to give am radio personalities like Limbaugh their due, they preceded cable news.

Do you remember who used to fill in for Rush Limbaugh on the radio show back in the 90's?

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I guess that makes Trump the head clown.

No doubt...

@RedskinsFan44 cnn doing its best to overtake....

If

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

I bet he uses one of these for the really important decisions

~Bang

If he would let his people in intellegence make them that night not be such a bad idea...

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No doubt...

@RedskinsFan44 cnn doing its best to overtake....

CNN is a floundering ball of incompetence. In the race to the bottom of the cesspool no one beats Faux News, they know full well what they are doing and they execute their plan very well. CNN has a velcro zipper and still manages to pull a "Something About Mary" so let's not pretend they're playing at the same level.

That said, when my mother-in-law moved in with us I blocked Faux News, and left CNN unlocked...because **** that noise.

Oh my.  Trump tried to block the $85 billion AT&T-Time Warner merger to spite CNN and help out Fox.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house

The Justice Department, meanwhile, went to court in an effort to stop A. T. & T.’s acquisition of Time Warner, which owns CNN. Time Warner saw the deal as essential to its survival at a time when the media business is increasingly dominated by giant competitors such as Google and Facebook. Murdoch understood this impulse: in 2014, 21st Century Fox had tried, unsuccessfully, to buy Time Warner. For him, opposing his rivals’ deal was a matter of shrewd business. Trump also opposed the deal, but many people suspected that his objection was a matter of petty retaliation against CNN. Although Presidents have traditionally avoided expressing opinions about legal matters pending before the judicial branch, Trump has bluntly criticized the plan. The day after the Justice Department filed suit to stop it, he declared the proposed merger “not good for the country.” Trump also claimed that he was “not going to get involved,” and the Justice Department has repeatedly assured the public that he hasn’t done so.

However, in the late summer of 2017, a few months before the Justice Department filed suit, Trump ordered Gary Cohn, then the director of the National Economic Council, to pressure the Justice Department to intervene. According to a well-informed source, Trump called Cohn into the Oval Office along with John Kelly, who had just become the chief of staff, and said in exasperation to Kelly, “I’ve been telling Cohn to get this lawsuit filed and nothing’s happened! I’ve mentioned it fifty times. And nothing’s happened. I want to make sure it’s filed. I want that deal blocked!”

Cohn, a former president of Goldman Sachs, evidently understood that it would be highly improper for a President to use the Justice Department to undermine two of the most powerful companies in the country as punishment for unfavorable news coverage, and as a reward for a competing news organization that boosted him. According to the source, as Cohn walked out of the meeting he told Kelly, “Don’t you ****ing dare call the Justice Department. We are not going to do business that way.”

A spokesperson for Cohn declined to comment, and Kelly did not respond to inquiries from The New Yorker, but a former White House official confirmed that Trump often “vented” in “frustration” about wanting to block the A. T. & T.-Time Warner merger. “The President does not understand the nuances of antitrust law or policy,” the former official says. “But he wanted to bring down the hammer.” (Last month, a federal court ruled against the Justice Department.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-democrats-demand-documents-from-more-than-80-people-and-institutions-affiliated-with-trump/2019/03/04/51c249ec-3e87-11e9-922c-64d6b7840b82_story.html?utm_term=.205fc6f1cb4a

House Democrats sent more than 80 letters Monday demanding documents from family members, business associates, political confidants and others with ties to President Trump, launching a sprawling probe into whether he and his administration have engaged in obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power.

The farthest-reaching request since Democrats took control of the House underscored lawmakers’ determination to hold Trump and those around him accountable for an array of controversies that have dogged the president during his first two years in office — and perhaps lay the grounds for impeachment.

Those receiving letters from the House Judiciary Committee include the president’s two eldest sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump; his son-in-law Jared Kushner; his former personal secretary Rhona Graff; Allen Weisselberg, the chief financial officer of the Trump Organization; and former top White House aides Hope Hicks, Sean Spicer and Stephen K. Bannon.

Other demands for documents are directed to institutions including the White House, Justice Department, Trump campaign, Trump transition team and Trump Organization.

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-democrats-demand-documents-from-more-than-80-people-and-institutions-affiliated-with-trump/2019/03/04/51c249ec-3e87-11e9-922c-64d6b7840b82_story.html?utm_term=.205fc6f1cb4a

House Democrats sent more than 80 letters Monday demanding documents from family members, business associates, political confidants and others with ties to President Trump, launching a sprawling probe into whether he and his administration have engaged in obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power.

maxresdefault-696x392.jpg

Archived