Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

To be fair I don’t watch Fox News so I can’t really say how bad it is.... it’s been on a few times by chance though and you can tell it’s jv almost immediately...

I don't watch much of it, but from what I have seen Shepard Smith, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier for the most part aren't afraid to call a spade a spade.  

5 minutes ago, drowland said:

I don't watch much of it, but from what I have seen Shepard Smith, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier for the most part aren't afraid to call a spade a spade.  

My Mom actually thinks Shepard Smith is okay. Chris Wallace waffles. Sometimes, he asks real questions and you can tell he's getting an attack of conscience or has gotten to fed up with the bull****. Other times, he acts like a really limp handed softball pitcher on the take. Don't really know Bret Baier.

House Democrats sent more than 80 letters Monday demanding documents from family members, business associates, political confidants and others with ties to President Trump, launching a sprawling probe into whether he and his administration have engaged in obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power.

I would reword this, though I think Larry's pic did the subject justice.

House Democrats sent more than 80 letters Monday demanding documents from family members, business associates, political confidants and others with ties to President Trump, launching a sprawling probe to what degree his administration and sycophants, enablers, and accomplices have engaged in obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power.

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Fixed it for you ;)  Media is a circus....

Horse****. Yeah, CNN is a joke now but they aren’t anywhere close to the brainwashing, lying, propagandists over at FOXNews. And that’s not even the worst of the right wing media.

This whole “the media is a circus” bull**** is just more GOP pushed on the most easily misled voter base in history.

”OH YOU CANT BELIEVE THE MEDIA!!!”

Let’s say that person A is telling person B not to believe anybody but them. Let’s also say that person A is a confirmed serial liar. When person B then goes ahead and still believes person A over and over and over again, what adjectives would you use to describe person B?

Your answer to this question is of course,  “well I’m not going to believe person C. Person A told me that person C is a liar.”

17 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Horse****. Yeah, CNN is a joke now but they aren’t anywhere close to the brainwashing, lying, propagandists over at FOXNews. And that’s not even the worst of the right wing media.

This whole “the media is a circus” bull**** is just more GOP pushed on the most easily misled voter base in history.

”OH YOU CANT BELIEVE THE MEDIA!!!”

Let’s say that person A is telling person B not to believe anybody but them. Let’s also say that person A is a confirmed serial liar. When person B then goes ahead and still believes person A over and over and over again, what adjectives would you use to describe person B?

Your answer to this question is of course,  “well I’m not going to believe person C. Person A told me that person C is a liar.”

Yep. Both sides are not the same.

It's time we stop spreading that bull. The parties are not the same. The media outlets are not the same. Just because an avocado and a Subaru are both made out of atoms does not mean they are both fruit.

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Mmm, I think that is just cnn presents it’s spin spun in a way that is appetizing to you but when the Fox News dudes do it it tastes like someone **** in your mouth... 

CNN does just a good of a job of spreading trumps lies as fox does, they just go about it in a different way. 

How many times has Conway been on cnn pushing her propaganda while the anchor acts shocked like some sort of jerry springer trash pile?

If you go on cnn.com right now there are as many “opinion” and “analysis” articles as there are real news articles.

American media has got a problem...

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Mmm, I think that is just cnn presents it’s spin spun in a way that is appetizing to you but when the Fox News dudes do it it tastes like someone **** in your mouth... 

CNN does just a good of a job of spreading trumps lies as fox does, they just go about it in a different way. 

Yeah, One of them tells you that lies are lies. The other one tells you that lies are the truth.  You’re right, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I don’t give a **** about CNN though. That used to be my go to but I have not given them a click in a long, long time.

When a reporter asked the president whether or not he planned to cooperate with Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler’s document requests, Trump obliged with an answer.

“I cooperate all the time with everybody. And you know the beautiful thing? No collusion, it's all a hoax," he said. Then he turned to the gathered football players: “Folks, go and eat up.”

I don't need 2 years of House investigations to be convinced this guy is unfit to be President.

That him and his daughter lied about getting Kushner a security clearance does not shock me.

Pathological liar. Unfit for President.

The GOP war on judiciary is also going to blow up in their faces. 10 to 15 years from now, "Federalist Society" will be open code for "corporately compromised conservative judge".

We are just beginning to see how new media will shape the tools of democracy away from the "astroturf" / "fake news" machine. It's going to be a process.

17 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

From that article:

>>>“It’s even worse than a conspiracy of the dark Web, or something trying to manipulate Fox. It was just a guy in his underwear in Georgia who had influence over Fox News! And Fox News influences the President!”<<<

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

How many times has Conway been on cnn pushing her propaganda while the anchor acts shocked like some sort of jerry springer trash pile?

If you go on cnn.com right now there are as many “opinion” and “analysis” articles as there are real news articles.

American media has got a problem...

American cable news has a problem.  Our newspapers like NYT and WaPo are top rate but no-one wants to read newspapers.  NPR, CSPAN, and Newshour are "boring". The news entertainment tv model is one of the worst things that ever happened to our democracy, or what's left of it now.

U.S. law requires Trump to wait at least 60 days after he notifies Congress and the governments of the two countries before he formally terminates their participation by issuing a presidential proclamation. Trump sent letters notifying Congress of the changes today.

Trump's move to terminate GSP benefits for India follows his boast last year that Indian government officials had approached him to negotiate a bilateral trade deal. That now looks increasingly in doubt.

His move would raise duties on about $5 billion to $6 billion worth of goods the U.S. imports from India — or slightly more than 10 percent of India's total exports to the U.S. — and potentially provoke New Delhi to retaliate against Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs imposed last year.

The U.S. dairy and medical device industries had asked for the review of India's GSP benefits, complaining that India’s policies were unfairly blocking their exports.

GSP suspension would punish Indian companies that rely on the program to export goods such as chemicals, granite, machine valves and bathtubs to the United States. It would also raise costs for American companies by more than $225 million if tariffs are imposed, based on the amount of duties waived on Indian goods in 2017.

Trump's decision to terminate GSP benefits for Turkey was the result of a review initiated by USTR in August, around the same time Trump doubled his national security tariffs on steel and aluminum from the longtime ally to 50 percent and 20 percent, respectively. That's twice what other countries are paying.

Trump said he doubled the duties in response to the plummeting value of the Turkish Lira. But his trade move also came amid a diplomatic row over the arrest of an American pastor and charges against several U.S. officers at the Incirlik Air Base in southern Turkey.

Archived