Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

26 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

So, to clarify,

A deal in which an enemy state surrenders 90% of its nuclear material, pours concrete into its plutonium reactor, allows not only open inspections, but 24 hour video surveillance of mines and facilities... is the worst nuclear deal in history, despite the fact that even its fiercest critics admit Iran has been in full compliance.

By contrast, a deal with no genuine specifics outside of suspending missile launches, whilst the country builds up a nuclear arsenal...that's the brilliance of a great negotiator.

If you were a leggy blonde, you’d be making high 6 figures at Fox right now.

i don't think we can stop them from building it with anything short of war, and this isn't a new problem. Unfortunate, but a fact of life, if someone flat out refuses to cooperate, your options are force or back off.

I am not going to hold this 'failure' against Trump any more than i'd hold it against any other president who tried and failed to work anything out with them. They are belligerent and always have been. No matter what negotiations we have ever attempted, they enter them with belligerence and zero good faith.

The problem in this situation is NK, and I think Russia, who seems to be fueling them from behind..

if Trump really wanted to try to make headway here, he needs to pressure Putin, but that isn't going to happen. So we get a nuclear armed NK  unless we go in and physically put a stop to it.

~Bang

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Also.....

I really don't think there's anything that Sean Hannity couldn't/wouldn't spin about Trump. He could walk in on Trump banging his wife in the ass and spin it as Trump being a stand up guy for keeping his wife's honor by only doing it in the pooper.

I don't have a problem with Trump walking away. It seems the correct move and lots of summits fail to achieve their ultimate ends. I do have some frustration listening to the morning news and hearing Trump being praised for it though. Is the bar set so low that these people really think Trump deserves credit for not giving away the farm for a couple more empty promises? The other thing that bugs me about this is that the understanding I got from working an international news desk for several years is that the summit is usually the visible tip of the ice berg. It's the PR show and signing ceremony where everyone pretty much knows what the outcome is before they arrive. In normal terms, the diplomats have spent months working and negotiating and the leaders only get together after 90% of the work has been done.

So, Trump did the right thing in walking away and not signing a bad deal. He did the wrong thing in going in the first place without the framework and a deal all but set in the first place.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

So, Trump did the right thing in walking away and not signing a bad deal. He did the wrong thing in going in the first place without the framework and a deal all but set in the first place.

Because, this isn’t international diplomacy.  This is a made for TV event to give the illusion of international diplomacy.

There is no “there” there.  And there never will be.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The idea that the POTUS spent a few days yukking it up with a mass murderer who rules his land via force isn't the best look. History will be unkind.

But at least Trump redeemed himself by taking KJU's word that he didn't know about Otto Warmbier and totally felt awful about it.

****ing scumbag piece of ****.

6 minutes ago, gbear said:

I think he timed the trip to take news coverage away from what was happening in Congress, and he walked away to steal the above the fold headlines.

That would not be a naive thought to have, especially considering that this had ALL of the appearances of a hastily thrown together "summit", with virtually NO pre-game and now that it's been called off short with ZERO concessions. Looks to me like like this was a gigantic distraction.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Cool is the wrong word.  We are still technically at war with them right now, the situation needs to be de-escalated.  What we know is what we've tried with them over the last half century didn't work, maybe giving peace a chance will.  I don't believe anyone wants to accept NK as a nuclear power, but we can't have it our way all the time, we're too late on that one.  Unless you want to go to war to stop them, is that what you'd rather do?

It's like no one understands that what we have done the last 60ish years hasn't really worked out so far.  At this point, I'm fine trying something new.  I may not like the way Trump has done all this, but I'm glad they aren't just continuing the same failed policies.

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

So your plan for de-escalation is to let them build the most powerful weapons known to mankind?

Let them?  Who let them?

Who was POTUS at the time of the first nuclear test?  Or when they successfully tested a warhead that can be mounted on a rocket? 

This issue has been a long time in the making.  Both parties had policies with NK that didn't stop them.  

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Let them?  Who let them?

Who was POTUS at the time of the first nuclear test?  Or when they successfully tested a warhead that can be mounted on a rocket? 

This issue has been a long time in the making.  Both parties had policies with NK that didn't stop them.  

Im not interested in making this another dem v repub thing. Not only would that be foolish (duh, i mean, duh) but that really doesnt help us at all. Im not blaming this on Trump, either. Though I dont think he has helped, and obviously things have accelerated greatly while he has been in office. Even with all that I can acknowledge what we were doing before only slowed them down. But in all fairness you nor @Renegade7  seem to acknowledge how much things have speed up using the "best ****ing friends EVER" approach either. AND neither of you seem to want to acknowledge that being on the same "world stage" as the American President was something he always wanted....and we gave it up for nothing, along with the war games....also for nothing. I dont think thats something we have to argue over. We should be able to accept that as commonly understood fact. Just like I can accept that all the testing he did (which, again, happened in a way it never did before Trump was pres) stopped cause he and Trump are friends - I guess. 

You are talking about doing something different like letting one of the worst dictators alive have the most powerful weapons know to mankind ever. Whats the best that can happen there? He amasses all that power and just quietly goes away? Thats the plan? I understand there isnt another one. I def dont have one. That doesnt make letting him have nukes a good idea. Whats the worse thing that could happen? 

And as Larry said there is a topic for this im happy to follow yall there. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That is why I specifically picked 2 examples with one happening during each parties time in power.  This is certainly beyond a political party problem.  I'll take the rest to the NK thread. 

You mistake was thinking I was smart enough to catch that lol. My b

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You mistake was thinking I was smart enough to catch that lol. My b

You'd be surprised what people acknowledge when you slow down for a second.  I'll follow to NK if necessary, but this has been a lose-lose scenario far as I can tell for a long time now and we just don't want to admit it.  Tough to absorb with all the saber rattling, I understand, but we have to stop walking into negotiations with expectations to get everything we want, that's not what compromise is.

I don't think Trump's issue with NK is the foreign policy itself, not sure if that has even changed much since he has taken office.  It is his usual blustering and nonsense that he is spewing about everything.  Also, elevating the status of Kim Jong On.  Walking around telling the world what a great guy he is etc etc etc......validating the man's lies.

Archived