Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

54 minutes ago, visionary said:

Doesn’t really have much to do with Trump.  They were peaceful before Trump came along and NK ramped things up after Trump got elected and Trump made things worse with his tweets.  Trump did eventually get them to tone down their rhetoric that he helped make worse in the first place and their public display of weapons.  He also got remains of our soldiers returned (probably the only substantive accomplishment from the talks) in exchange for a bunch of things NK has wanted since it’s creation.  (Also perhaps in exchange for some property investment by him and Pompeo, though there’s no proof of that yet.)

This seems to be a dominant theme and M.O. for Trump so far. He goes out onto the world stage like a bloated, septic, orange bull in a china shop and starts a new crisis of his own or greatly worsens one that was already there, manages (or, more accurately, his handlers manage) to modestly ameliorate the new damage he's done, then he claims it to be a great victory that only he was able to pull off even though we're aren't completely back to square 1.

And his supporters gobble it up out of the trough. 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Tell me what citizen wants a grenade launcher or flame thrower for home defense?

Remembering an old Doonsbury cartoon.  

The scene is the hospital room where Zonker is lying on the bed.  Uncle Duke, and two guys in Fed suits are in the room. 

Fed:  So, Mr. Duke.  You're telling us that your nephew, here, came home from college to visit you.  But when he arrived, you were passed out drunk.  Your nephew entered the house, at which time you awoke from your stupor and heard the sounds of movement downstairs.  And your response at that time was to grab the .50 caliber machine gun which you illegally smuggled home from Vietnam, stand at the top of the stairs, and spray the lower floor with full automatic fire without any warning whatsoever?  

Duke:  Yes, that's correct.  

Fed:  Mr Duke, don't you think that a .50 caliber machine gun is a rather excessive weapon to use for home defense?  

Duke:  But what if they try to hide behind the refrigerator?  

watching goper david urban, i'm always wishing i could do the thing from <cult classic sci-fi flick> scanners

when that came out, for weeks the gang would be acting like we were trying to do that to each other when arguing about anything---putting your hands to your forehead, intensely wrinkling your brow, glaring, rubbing your temple with two fingers and more intense glaring....then some of us expanded and tried doing it to civilians whose reactions were not that entertaining

but i digress

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I'm confused because I thought Fox News already worked for the state department?

Now days, I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. 

Although I'm not sure. They might be working for the National Enquirer. 

18 hours ago, visionary said:

Doesn’t really have much to do with Trump.  They were peaceful before Trump came along and NK ramped things up after Trump got elected and Trump made things worse with his tweets.  Trump did eventually get them to tone down their rhetoric that he helped make worse in the first place and their public display of weapons.  He also got remains of our soldiers returned (probably the only substantive accomplishment from the talks) in exchange for a bunch of things NK has wanted since it’s creation.  (Also perhaps in exchange for some property investment by him and Pompeo, though there’s no proof of that yet.)

Who was peaceful before Trump?  I wouldn’t say they were anywhere close to peaceful but that tensions had temporarily eased in 2015 then flared up again in 2016 after NK started missile testing again and SK had assassination plans against Kim

10 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Who was peaceful before Trump?  

You know, that fathead who was firing missiles into the ocean every month, and then suddenly developed one that went MUCH farther with a MUCH higher accuracy... and then he shot a few of them over Japan and dropped a subtle threat against Hawaii..  and then suddenly came the news that somehow they had the ability to potentially miniaturize their warheads  .. which led to warnings that they could now possibly hit Chicago.

Other than that.. the dude is a lamb. Just the occasional brutal murder of family members and other assorted people who stepped out of line, but thats just a day at the office.

~Bang

You know he wasn’t peaceful towards US or SK prior to Trump right? And threatened missiles to the pacific bases and west coast in 2012 and 2013 and July of 2016 when the US put Kim on the list of sanctioned individuals which NK deemed to be a threat and declaration of war

whitaker's hearing quickly became a testimonial to what a pile of rancid crap the gop is now...collins from georgia is a **** show

the gop tactic at all these dem-led house hearing will be to promote every conspiracy theory active on the right wing blogs

afaic, anyone who identifies as goper and spends the bulk of their commentary talking **** about any "other" is a ****ing sadass joke at best

@The Evil Genius---you have to edit the oca post---it's a rule 6 violation, and that gets out of hand quickly in the tailgate if not enforced :)

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Have to give AOC some props. The lady was spitting straight fire yesterday. She's winning me over. 

There are many things I don't like about her.  But her going after campaign finance is awesome.  I hope she keeps it up and honestly makes it the center of her platform.

I've said before and I'll say again, addressing campaign finance should be the biggest issue people should run on.  It is more important than health care reform, gun control legislation, immigration reform, etc.  Because until you fix campaign finance, you will still have the big lobbyist guiding the legislation to the interests of their employer, not the interest of the people.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Have to give AOC some props. The lady was spitting straight fire yesterday. She's winning me over. 

I'm right there with her on the ethics stuff.  I just think she is young and wants to change things so radically that it could impede her.  Some of her ideas about going green are a little out of the mainstream.  She needs just a little infusion of Pelosi realism to go along with her engaging idealism.  

Gov't is compromise though.  Starting with ideas that are out of the mainstream or maybe on the fringe of the mainstream is just how you sometimes open the negotiations.  

As far as campaign finance reform, I agree she should go full steam ahead at all times on that issue.  It isn't hard to make the case that money corrupts politics and politicians not to mention "money = speech" at least in the current iteration is a farce.

I don't see how it's an issue that most of the left & right couldn't unite on.

3 hours ago, steve09ru said:

You know he wasn’t peaceful towards US or SK prior to Trump right? And threatened missiles to the pacific bases and west coast in 2012 and 2013 and July of 2016 when the US put Kim on the list of sanctioned individuals which NK deemed to be a threat and declaration of war

Yeah, that was pretty much what i said.

Kim's been anything but peaceful.

~Bang

Archived