Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

At this point, not passing the “purity test” is a sign that your views and policies are outdated and you need to go the way of the dodo bird.

A person who votes against the basic civil rights of half the country is unacceptable in the liberal party. To you it may not be a huge disqualifier, but at this point I am tired of people who will not stand up for hard-fought essential civil rights. 

Abortion rights are civil rights? 

Sorry, but your post is how you lose and become a small tent party. You don’t have to like it, but it’s a really dumb strategy. It’s how you lose the Senate and get stuck with even more judges that could negatively impact the issues you care about. You run people off to your own detriment. That’s as nice as I can put it.

i keep trying to hold a tolerant thought in my head for santorum and just now all i wanted to do is completely break his face

which is just so wrong, and not just because it is illegal

but, that would be illegal anywhere and no one should ever do anything illegal

and eat your vegetables

25 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Abortion rights are civil rights? 

There is no equality, social or economic, for women in societies without access to reproductive freedom. 

And this isn’t the only issue on which Manchin is terrible. He’s completely awful on climate policy for one. The list goes on and on. 

Crap politics based on poorly defined principles of flexibility is how you get weak, crappy legislation which is pretty much what we have been getting for decades at this point.

If Joe Manchin is the standard for “big tent” party, this country is in deep **** (which it is). 

I got a crush on Govenor Granholm.

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i keep trying to hold a tolerant thought in my head for santorum and just now all i wanted to do is completely break his face

which is just so wrong, and not just because it is illegal

but, that would be illegal anywhere and no one should ever do anything illegal

and eat your vegetables

He enjoys his role too much.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

There is no equality, social or economic, for women in societies without access to reproductive freedom. 

And this isn’t the only issue on which Manchin is terrible. He’s completely awful on climate policy for one. The list goes on and on. 

Crap politics based on poorly defined principles of flexibility is how you get weak, crappy legislation which is pretty much what we have been getting for decades at this point.

If Joe Manchin is the standard for “big tent” party, this country is in deep **** (which it is). 

A) the list doesn’t go on and on. I don’t like all his votes but he’s better than a member of the GOP. 

2) Women have access to reproductive rights. Manchin’s rating with NARAL pro choice America was 72%. Almost all members of the GOP get a 0%. Pro-Life organizations spent money against Manchin last election.

Facts matter.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

A person who votes against the basic civil rights of half the country is unacceptable in the liberal party. 

It's unacceptable in any group which values morality. 

Unfortunately, right now, there's only one political party that does that. 

17 minutes ago, visionary said:

Just thinking about a a work related after party following that state of the union is exhausting.  Watching it was bad enough.  Having to rehash it in a semi professional setting is asking too much.  

Even a political watcher like me had better things to do than watch this speech.

"Hi, I'm your President. The country is strong in spite of the fact that many, many people who helped me get elected are in jail, except Putin. My cabinet has seen the most turnover ever, and I am a hyperpartisan dirtbag. In spite of an election in which the American people rejected my anti-immigrant fear, and voted in people to investigate the heck out of me -- I will ignore their will, call for bipartisanship and continue to act like illegal immigrants are the scapegoat for our problems. Please end the investigations which haven't really gotten started and I will build the wall with my giant, significant, noproblemthere hands."

Archived