Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i keep trying to hold a tolerant thought in my head for santorum and just now all i wanted to do is completely break his face

Santorum epitomizes why I quit the GOP, and why I detest what it has become.

He was one of the worst spenders in congress, sponsoring over 50 new spending bills but not a single spending cut. He voted for No Child Left Behind and Medicare part D. But...every time they put a microphone in front of his face it was all about God, ending abortion, and stopping them homosexuals, so everyone says he's a conservative...wtf? The Reagan/class of 94 GOP is DEAD. Now it's nothing but Theocratic neo-Nixonians like Mr Frothy.

15 hours ago, China said:

Europeans fear Trump may threaten not just the transatlantic bond, but the state of their union

BERLIN — As President Trump prepares to deliver his second State of the Union address, the leaders of the United States’ closest allies in Europe are filled with anxiety.

They are unsure of whom to talk to in Washington. They can’t tell whether Trump considers them friends or foes. They dig through his Twitter feed for indications of whether the president intends to wreck the European Union and NATO or merely hobble the continent’s core institutions.

Officials say Trump, by design or indifference, has already badly weakened the foundation of the transatlantic relationship that American presidents have nurtured for seven decades. As Sigmar Gabriel, a former German foreign minister, put it: “He has done damage that the Soviets would have dreamt of.” 

European leaders worry that the next two years could bring even more instability, as Trump feels emboldened, and they are filled with fear at the prospect that Trump could be reelected. The situation has left the continent facing a strategic paradox no one has managed to crack.

“We can’t live with Trump,” Gabriel said. “And we can’t live without the United States.”

“In the beginning, we thought, ‘He’s campaigning. The position will change him.’ But he changed the position of the presidency,” Gabriel said. “I find it shocking that, in such a short time, he has managed to rip apart a relationship that has taken decades to build.”

Littered among the wreckage, as seen by the Europeans: an all-but-ruined Iran nuclear deal, tit-for-tat tariffs, a global climate accord that is missing the world’s largest economy, a possible arms race triggered by the cancellation of a key nuclear treaty, and a unilateral retreat from Syria without even a courtesy call to allies that work alongside U.S. forces. 

More than any one issue, however, there is the sense that Trump and Europe are fundamentally at odds.

“He’s opened a gate to the return to nationalist, sovereigntist instincts, which at least continental Europe — and the European Union in particular — has been the antithesis of,” said Robin Niblett, director of the London-based think tank Chatham House. “The E.U.’s the antithesis of the Trumpian view of the world.”

Click on the link for the full article

I wouldn't put too much stock in that.  This is one person's opinion and it's obvious he's a doom and gloom type.  Trump is doing nothing but looking out for America first, something Obama didn't seem to know how to do.

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Didn't watch and don't care.  Trump will get nothing done in the next 2 years; so it doesn't matter about his speech.

This speech will be forgotten quickly with Cohen's testimoney and the next government shutdown occuring shortly.

Nope, Trump won't allow a govt shutdown this time.  If the Dems don't agree to fund the wall/barrier/fence, he'll get it done with a nat'l emer declaration and the Army Corp of Engineers will handle it.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

^^^didnt follow politics before 2016

I should have expanded on that and said not like I'm following it now.  I knew full well what was happening under Obama but at the time there was nothing I could do about it except vote and be pissed off.  So I voted again in 2016 and now I'm very happy, and expecting that happiness to continue through 2024.

1 minute ago, Force1958 said:

I should have expanded on that and said not like I'm following it now.  I knew full well what was happening under Obama but at the time there was nothing I could do about it except vote and be pissed off.  So I voted again in 2016 and now I'm very happy, and expecting that happiness to continue through 2024.

Sadness is quickly coming for you and your kind. Very sorry about that...

16 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

Pro-tip:  If you don’t misrepresent yourself and lay claim to obvious falsehoods, you won’t have to constantly “expand” your rhetoric going forward to keep the tap dance going.  Give it a try and I think you’ll enjoy the considerable peace of mind it brings.

Good luck!

14 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

Im excited to find out what pissed you  off under Obama. It’s gonna be awesome if you say things like spending and the debt or immigration stuff.

42 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

Nope, Trump won't allow a govt shutdown this time.  If the Dems don't agree to fund the wall/barrier/fence, he'll get it done with a nat'l emer declaration and the Army Corp of Engineers will handle it.

We’ve come a long way from “Mexico will pay for the wall”. You got hustled by a conman. You will realize it at some point.

34 minutes ago, Skintime said:

"My kind".   What the hell does that mean?  Seems to be a lot of sore loser Hillary fans here.  Trump's your POTUS now whether you like him or not.  I'm pretty sure you don't want him to fail because if he fails so do you.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

We’ve come a long way from “Mexico will pay for the wall”. You got hustled by a conman. You will realize it at some point.

Change and adapt.  Mexico will pay for the wall with the new trade deal setup that finally favors the U.S. first.

15 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Economic.......anxiety

Primarily Obamacare, the single worst decision he could have made.  It's cost my family so much money it isn't even funny.  Then there was the ignoring of our military to the point where some had to pay for bullet proof vests out of their own pocket.  He certainly drew a line in the sand as far as our enemies were concerned, then quickly did nothing.  

38 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pro-tip:  If you don’t misrepresent yourself and lay claim to obvious falsehoods, you won’t have to constantly “expand” your rhetoric going forward to keep the tap dance going.  Give it a try and I think you’ll enjoy the considerable peace of mind it brings.

Good luck!

Pro-tip:  This is a forum.  You don't know who I am or what I'm about.  I'm not going to explain myself to you or anybody else with every minute account of my political past.  Just have a nice exchange back and forth and we'll all be ok.

2 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

"My kind".   What the hell does that mean?  Seems to be a lot of sore loser Hillary fans here.  Trump's your POTUS now whether you like him or not.  I'm pretty sure you don't want him to fail because if he fails so do you.

Change and adapt.  Mexico will pay for the wall with the new trade deal setup that finally favors the U.S. first.

Of course I want him to fail. He is gutting environmental protects and doesn't believe climate change is real. I want his policies on the environment to fail cause his policies are making it worse for the world. I wanted his tax cut plan to fail and his health care plan to fail cause they are both disastrous for this country. Of course I'm sure you don't mind the exploding debt and deficit under Trump, only under Obama. 

BTW, Mexico isn't paying for anything. The line you repeated from some talking points you heard is laughably dumb. There is a reason plants are still closing and jobs aren't returning in mass. 

44 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Narrator: Not really sorry....

8 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

No one wants him to fail.  Unfortunately for everyone in the US, he seems pretty hell bent on it.  Just so happens that fulfilling his campaign promise (a dumb one at that) by any means necessary isn't what a lot of people would define as success.

EDIT: Pointing out the distinction between him failing his job as POTUS and failing to deliver on his campaign promise or carry out his desired policies.

13 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

Have you bothered looking into if this nonsense claim from Trump is actually true? Because it isn’t. 

The new “trade deal” is essentially NAFTA with minor changes and a new name. And the tiny extra revenue it will generate is strictly within the private sector which will be pocketed by CEOs and bankers, who thanks to your parties terrible tax bill that slashes taxes for the wealthy while transferring the

debt burden to the middle class, will barely contribute to our national budget. 

A conman President for low information voters who don’t even bother critically examining the nonsense he parrots. 

Not that the trade deal is actually signed into law, or if it ever will be. Just getting hustled at every level while claiming victory. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

He is gutting environmental protects and doesn't believe climate change is real.

I don't believe for one second that he believes climate change isn't real.

1. To move away from fossil fuels isn't profitable in his view.

2. He'd never be voted in again if he were brave enough to promote new forms of energy and cleaner environmental processes.

3. Why would Putin want America to move forward industrially?

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Narrator: Not really sorry....

No one wants him to fail.  Unfortunately for everyone in the US, he seems pretty hell bent on it.  Just so happens that fulfilling his campaign promise (a dumb one at that) by any means necessary isn't what a lot of people would define as success.

EDIT: Pointing out the distinction between him failing his job as POTUS and failing to deliver on his campaign promise or carry out his desired policies.

I don't want Trump to succeed. There is almost nothing he has done that I would view as a positive for this country. He's literally making us weaker by him having what he views a success. If Trumps succeeds with his policy pursuits, we are far worse off. 

2 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

You don't know who I am or what I'm about.  

Yes, you are an enigma wrapped inside an riddle.  No amount of life experience in my 49 years could have prepared me for your complex and profound ruminations on current events and American politics (which you’ve only followed since 2016).

#checkswallet

Just now, Hersh said:

I don't want Trump to succeed. There is almost nothing he has done that I would view as a positive for this country. He's literally making us weaker by him having what he views a success. If Trumps succeeds with his policy pursuits, we are far worse off. 

Right, I get that you don't want him to succeed in implementing his destructive policies.  I was speaking in the more abstract broad terms of succeeding as a president (which I concur that his policies would not bring about such success.) 

2 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I don't believe for one second that he believes climate change isn't real.

1. To move away from fossil fuels isn't profitable in his view.

2. He'd never be voted in again if he were brave enough to promote new forms of energy and cleaner environmental processes.

3. Why would Putin want America to move forward industrially?

It actually doesn't matter if he thinks climate change is real and a man made issue. His rhetoric and actions are the opposite of that...as everyone knows. 

Just now, Hersh said:

It actually doesn't matter if he thinks climate change is real and a man made issue. His rhetoric and actions are the opposite of that...as everyone knows. 

Exactly. My point being that he's a LIAR. He's not stupid. He understands that scientists know more than he does. He understands that his intel advisors know more than he does. He just can't be truthful about that because he's compromised. To be truthful and use proper methods of dealing with the issues facing this country would go against his puppeteer's wishes.

Just now, Chachie said:

Exactly. My point being that he's a LIAR. He's not stupid. He understands that scientists know more than he does. He understands that his intel advisors know more than he does. He just can't be truthful about that because he's compromised. To be truthful and use proper methods of dealing with the issues facing this country would go against his puppeteer's wishes.

I respectfully disagree partially. I think he's so narcissistic and egotistical (narcissistic personality disorder) that  that he really believes he knows what's best regardless of what any scientist thinks. I think when he repeats things over and over and the way he lives in his bubble, that he believes his own initial lies at this point. 

On some issues, particularly foreign policy, he is compromised and doing Putin's bidding. 

Archived