Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I can't believe someone is praising the North Korea deal. Trump literally gave away the farm and gave Un everything he ever dreamed of asking for in return for a vague promise that he didn't even keep as Air Force One lifted off the tarmac in Pyongyang. It was perhaps the most embarrassing loss in US diplomatic history ever.

This is a stretch. We have legitimately seen progress between North and South Korea to ease tensions. 

Trump has done a bunch of dumb **** but a win in North Korea isn’t NK capitulating to US demands. It’s the North and South getting along. The first step to North Korea opening up to the world is reconciliation with the South. 

Just now, No Excuses said:

This is a stretch. We have legitimately seen progress between North and South Korea to ease tensions. 

Trump has done a bunch of dumb **** but a win in North Korea isn’t NK capitulating to US demands. It’s the North and South getting along. The first step to North Korea opening up to the world is reconciliation with the South. 

I don't know. Giving up the military exercises, giving up oversight, easing or eliminating sanctions in return for a promise that one day North Korea might consider denuclearization isn't much of a deal.  I agree improvement in relations between North and South is a good thing, but I put that more on two factors. First, the Olympics and second, Trump's deal was so bad it scare the **** out of South Korea. Feeling completely abandoned and threatened, the talks became much more urgent.

Maybe, Trump deserves credit for that, but that's like saying that a major polluter deserves credit for an uptick in doctor visits.

17 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

The economy is booming, not sure why you can't see that.  I retired 4 years ago and since 2016 my 2 IRA's have swollen like never before. 

If your retirement accounts did not also swell under the Obama Administration, you were doing something wrong.

Economy booming? Yes, its doing well, but we did have at least a couple of 4-5 percent GDP growth quarters under Obama. As well as a few years where the economy grew around 2.5 pct for the year.......not great, but not bad. Heck, even someone on Trump's economic team recently admitted the current growth of close to 3 pct annually might not be sustainable, but 2.5 pct "wouldn't be bad."  Guess it depends on whether your guy is in office, huh?  And when is 3 pct growth considered "booming?"  Look at some of the growth numbers put up under Reagan and Clinton.  3 pct is nothing compared to those.

I think presidents in general get credit for things not going horribly wrong under their watch and Trump, like Obama before him, receives that benefit. I'm not someone who is greatly opposed to Trump from a policy perspective......heck, its well documented that I predicted him to win the 2016 election. But the man on a daily basis via Twitter makes everything about himself, and for those who excuse it away as "well, that's just him".........it gets really tiresome. I don't like it when folks go after him for every littie thing, but at the same time, those who don't recognize that his egotism rubs people the wrong way are just blind.

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

Way more liberal than me too but I do love the approach she and others of her kind have that says, "I'm not taking money for legislation." THAT is the spring board from which all future legislators should be jumping from.

Forget about their politics for now. It's the promise of not being bought that I'll be voting for from here on. The politics will sort themselves out. I want clean governance. Reboot the process!

I wish them luck, but Pelosi and company will give them a education in how things really work.

I remember back when Ron Paul and company was gonna change the system 40 yrs ago:pint:

It would be very weird if someone's investments "soared" in 2018, given that the market was essentially flat.  You'd have to believe Trump and not, you know, the data. 

Here's the Dow Jones from 1/1/2018 to 12/31/2018.  On Jan 1, it opened at 24,809.  On Dec 31, it closed at 23,327.  Sounds like someone is confused or lying. 

image.thumb.png.4dc24644062cb64ec0da1d99f20ac92a.png

44 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I can't believe someone is praising the North Korea deal. Trump literally gave away the farm and gave Un everything he ever dreamed of asking for in return for a vague promise that wasn't even kept as Air Force One lifted off the tarmac in Pyongyang. It was perhaps the most embarrassing loss in US diplomatic history ever.

It ensured North Korea would not only be a nuclear power, but a nuclear threat.

I think it might have been so, but only for about a month. Then Trump looked in the mirror, said "hold my beer" to himself, and met with Putin where he threw his own intelligence agencies under the bus in front of the whole world in favor of Putin's word. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It would be very weird if someone's investments "soared" in 2018, given that the market was essentially flat.  You'd have to believe Trump and not, you know, the data. 

Here's the Dow Jones from 1/1/2018 to 12/31/2018.  On Jan 1, it opened at 24,809.  On Dec 31, it closed at 23,327.  Sounds like someone is confused or lying.

PB, the market is probably up roughly 25 pct between the election and today. You're correct in that 2018 was a down year for the market, but 2017 was quite good, like the end of 2016 was. But the market in 2016 was also good even before election day.

I just laugh at the people who talk about how horrible things were from 2009-2016. Its all just grievance politics.

44 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

If your retirement accounts did not also swell under the Obama Administration, you were doing something wrong.

This guy likely raised against spending, debts and deficits when Obama was POTUS. Now they are no big deal.

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think it might have been so, but only for about a month. Then Trump looked in the mirror, said "hold my beer" to himself, and met with Putin where he threw his own intelligence agencies under the bus in front of the whole world in favor of Putin's word. 

for those who noted how disparate mike pence and don trump were thought to be in persona, policy, and beliefs, and yet are such a united pair, it might be that there is one shared trait helping them bond....their regular and notable homoerotic behavior (and of course there's nothing wrong with that)

in mike to don ---repeated admiration of "those broad shoulders", all the "firms" and "robusts" and "stamina" to describe physical attributes, and of course the infamous adoring gaze, and there's more) and from don to putin----"strong", "powerful" over and over with other similar fluffing, all with a vocal tone/body language of subservience, desire to please, and again, pure admiration

now of course we assume pence's behaviors are just the way he thinks best to play his role for whatever motives/gain he's following, and isn't really the textbook example in virtually every way shape and form of the classic religiously-bent poltically conservative male homsoexual in denial, but the observable activity to date is entertaining :D......and of course with don we just figure don  would happily service vlad for "all the reasons"

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Here is my test to see if a Trumper is worthy of discussion. 

Tell me 5 thing about trump that are negatives to you.

I'll save some time

Hasn't locked up Hillary yet

He's too manly

Cares about America maybe a little too much

Hasn't fired all members of the deep state, Mueller, and his 17 angry democrats

He's been too nice to the Democrat party

•  

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'll save some time

He's too manly

•  

6 - His penis is too large

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'll save some time

He's too manly

•  

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

6 - His penis is too large

As funny as s this is, let's let him respond.  It will tell you a lot about him.

1 hour ago, Force1958 said:

I'm glad you at least accept him as POTUS, most people don't.   The economy is booming, not sure why you can't see that.  I retired 4 years ago and since 2016 my 2 IRA's have swollen like never before.  He's managed to impose sanctions on OCONUS yahoo's who don't play by the rules and has silenced rocket man for the moment and will try and get a deal done with him later this month.  He's already said he wants increased funding/capability for the military.  It's up to both parties now to get that done.

45 percent approval rating!!!  We can take that all the way to 2024.

Force, would you humor me for a few minutes?  I need to make sure I appropriately categorize you, need to get a better feel for who I'm dealing with here.  Assuming you're actually new to the forum and not a new handle for a former member, could you please answer the following questions for me (and everyone else)?  None of this has anything to do with your support of the current president.

1.  Do vaccines cause autism?

2. Does gravity, as scientifically explained, exist, or is this made up?

3. You sent your wife/gf/other out to buy you strawberry milk and a mop.  She comes home with a gallon of paint, some tape, and a package of M&M's, which she has already eaten.  What is the appropriate response?

4. Do you need a doctor when you have the healing power of essential oils?

5. If you send off a cheek swab to find out your DNA ancestry, are you actually contributing to a Big Brother government database?

6. After a long hard day dressed in armor, beating on friends with swords and lances and generally enjoying the middle ages, but with the convenience of modern sewer systems, you return home.  Your wife/gf/other has not prepared your dinner, or she prepared it too early and it is cold.  Because she is a woman and is aware of her place in the nuclear family or relationship, she is properly submissive and will accept any decision or punishment you decide is appropriate.  What do you do?

Take your time, but I think this will help the rest of us get a good idea of how to communicate with you best going forward.

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

As funny as s this is, let's let him respond.  It will tell you a lot about him.

I don't think my post is going to be far off from the actual response if he chooses to engage. People that far gone don't think Trump has gone far enough. It will be an Ann Coulter-esque response.

"Silenced Rocket Man"  oh you mean legitimized a tyrant on the world stage, something "Rocket Man" was looking to get out of it, then after a handshake "deal" for a photo op, went right back to testing missiles?   So what exactly did he silence about him? Oh that's right, he said at the SOTU if he wasn't President, we would be a war with NK......

What else have we avoided because of Trump?

The British didn't try to take us over again.  Good Job, Trump.

Florida isn't under water just yet.  Well done, Chief.

The "invasion" from South America magically dissipated right after the mid-terms.   All Credit to Trump.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Doesn’t really have much to do with Trump.  They were peaceful before Trump came along and NK ramped things up after Trump got elected and Trump made things worse with his tweets.  Trump did eventually get them to tone down their rhetoric that he helped make worse in the first place and their public display of weapons.  He also got remains of our soldiers returned (probably the only substantive accomplishment from the talks) in exchange for a bunch of things NK has wanted since it’s creation.  (Also perhaps in exchange for some property investment by him and Pompeo, though there’s no proof of that yet.)

Hey if Trump was allowed to claim during the 2016 campaign that job numbers are all fake, and unemployment was closer to 40%, then it's probably reasonable to ask him where he is pulling his job numbers from and why these same organizations are now to be trusted.  

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Hey if Trump was allowed to claim during the 2016 campaign that job numbers are all fake, and unemployment was closer to 40%, then it's probably reasonable to ask him where he is pulling his job numbers from and why these same organizations are now to be trusted.  

We already asked and they just laugh it off. They know they’re a joke and selling snake oil to the mindless and they don’t care

Archived