Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

23 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Trump's bringing the crazy hard right now. Ten to Fifteen thousand troops deployed to the border? Over a few thousand refugees? And according to the law the military guys can't detain the immigrants? JFC. Expensive stunt.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/414155-trump-says-he-may-deploy-15000-troops-to-border

For some reason I read that as 10-15 hundred and thought that was overkill, then I watched the video and was like LOLWTF?

@visionary

did anything further come from the Yemen thing?

gut feel was pressure on the saudis 

hard to imagine anyone in this administration decided to care about Yemen all the sudden. 

7 hours ago, visionary said:

If they’re classified how do we know what they say or that the orders are constitutional?  Can such an order be challenged in court?

6 hours ago, visionary said:

Is there anything stopping Trump from using the same route with other orders not normally classified, like travel bans.  So we would only see the results and not the actual orders?

There are special courts and committees to review stuff

Our debt exceeded 2010 era crisis levels this quarter.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-31/treasury-lifts-long-term-debt-sales-for-fourth-straight-quarter?srnd=premium

The GoP is 100% trying to end Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security.  If any of you keep supporting Republicans, then you are causing the devolution of this country to the point that your grandchildren will struggle to keep the lights on, be traveling on dirt roads, totally unable to go to the doctor, and will be dying without dignity in poverty like people during and before the depression.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Our debt exceeded 2010 era crisis levels this quarter.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-31/treasury-lifts-long-term-debt-sales-for-fourth-straight-quarter?srnd=premium

The GoP is 100% trying to end Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security.  If any of you keep supporting Republicans, then you are causing the devolution of this country to the point that your grandchildren will struggle to keep the lights on, be traveling on dirt roads, totally unable to go to the doctor, and will be dying without dignity in poverty like people during and before the depression.

This is silly. If your children are relying on the government to keep the lights on and to go the doctor you may want to consider how you raised them.  

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I prefer not to call out someone's beliefs as insincere, however Candace Owens is either terrible at articulating thoughts on any issue, or she is a straight up scam artist who figured out she could make money with the "black conservative" gimmick.

She's a scam artist. Just a few years ago she ran a liberal website. Then all the sudden she flips and debuts this new character she created. She's good enough at what she's doing to piss off the other scam artist in Lahren who realized if she was going to use her degree in Journalism, it would have to be on the far right. So, while clearly dumber than Owens, she throws bigger bombs to get attention. Otherwise, she looks like most of the other female anchors/hosts/etc at Fox. She probably believes more of what she says than Owens, but was busted telling the truth that she's pro-choice and was fired from Glen Beck's "The Blaze".

So, in review.

Both: Scam Artists

Both: Playing a character

Owens: Most likely to be lying about everything she's saying

Lahren: Only lying about how hardcore of a conservative she is

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

This is silly. If your children are relying on the government to keep the lights on and to go the doctor you may want to consider how you raised them.  

You're right. It's clearly their fault for not preparing for the GOP to screw them. 

14 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

All it ever takes for anyone to have the same as everyone else is just a good raising.

Not everyone's life experience is the same, for millions of reasons. You can have the best parents who do all the right things, and be trapped in a cycle of poverty for more reasons that you can count. the notion of 'all it takes is hard work and gumption" is crap. It takes more, and a bit of cooperation from the society around us. A lot of people are in their situations due to their own actions,, and a lot are not in control of those outside forces.

This is part and parcel of our problem.. because we've been conditioned to believe we are all the same, we do not understand when people's life experiences are not identical. You must be like me because i am like me and we are the same. If you are not like me, it must be your fault. I have no advantages over you, because we are the same.

And so we lay out simplistic nonsense answers like "just raise 'em right and they won't be poor, etc. etc. etc."...   and a shrug to call it a day.

Understanding level - zero.

~Bang

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What’s silly is the idea that America can continue to eliminate the middle class, and have the rich exempt from taxation and the nation continue to function.

You know what sucked about communism? You work and the government pays you ****. You know what sucks about Republican America? You work and businesses pay you ****.

My grandfather worked, and supported three kids and a stay home mom in McLean, Virginia on a mid-level government salary. He was the definition of middle class. Today, it takes both parents busting their asses to make it work all while the wage gap keeps growing. And now the government is for ing more of the tax burden onto the middle class all while ignoring infrastructure, trying to eliminate social security/medicare, and wasting money on foreign wars, massively bloated military, and a ****ing wall.

My kids ain’t relying on the government for jack, but the government keeps making it harder everyday.

29 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

THIS is silly.

Totally admiring how easily the GOP can 1) point to unemployment numbers being fake during Obama administration, 2) Turn around and say they are now real and that that Trump has eliminated unemployment 3) decry entitlements.

Over 100 million Americans currently receive some form of welfare.

So which is it?

1) Everybody's got a job and since they live in the wealthiest nation in history (by far), don't need to worry about keeping the lights on, having their kids go to bed hungry, or being unable to treat a curable disease?

2) 110 million people weren't raised right?

3) The GOP is full of **** about the number of people who are "employed", about the living wage of America's workers, and any number of other things because they exist to funnel more and more money upward to the wealthiest Americans at the expense of everyone else?

It's #3. 

15 minutes ago, Bang said:

All it ever takes for anyone to have the same as everyone else is just a good raising.

Not everyone's life experience is the same, for millions of reasons. You can have the best parents who do all the right things, and be trapped in a cycle of poverty for more reasons that you can count. the notion of 'all it takes is hard work and gumption" is crap. It takes more, and a bit of cooperation from the society around us. A lot of people are in their situations due to their own actions,, and a lot are not in control of those outside forces.

Which forces the vast majority of America’s face are out of their control and force them into a life of poverty?

14 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

What’s silly is the idea that America can continue to eliminate the middle class, and have the rich exempt from taxation and the nation continue to function.

My kids ain’t relying on the government for jack, but the government keeps making it harder everyday.

I agree with this, but what I said and this are not mutually exclusive.

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Which forces the vast majority of America’s face are out of their control and force them into a life of poverty?

For one...poverty. The socio-economic group you are born into is the single greatest predictor of where you will be when you are an adult. Oh, I know that’s not very “American Dreamy” of me, but it’s true. And yes, there are those who manage to escape but the exceptions only prove the rule.

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I agree with this, but what I said and this are not mutually exclusive.

I think you mistakenly minimize the extent to which the majority of Americans are dependent upon the government for healthcare, retirement etc. The problem is even if you wanted to cull their dependency without REALLY significant wage increases most would never be able to afford those things on their own. And since there are huge profits in keeping low wages and high healthcare then that won’t be changing soon.

I'd agree something that never seems to come up when the economy discussion comes around is the value of the dollar itself as opposed to simply being employed.  To me, purchasing power has always been the true sign of where we are as a consumer-based society.   Wages may go up, but do they keep pace with inflation.  Does the actual wage gap close or rise?  If I get a $1.00/hr raise (which is more than most people seem to even get these days) but inflation and general cost of living expenses rise at a higher rate, then I am still taking an L.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Maybe if you were raised better you would not have to ask such an obvious question.

I don't have time to make you a list. And, frankly, i don't have the desire anymore, either. Attitudes like this are a massive problem, and the only reason anyone is ignorant to these truths is they choose to be. There is no societal pressure preventing anyone from being more aware of the realities of life in this country and on this world..

Fact is we've been taught we all have the same opportunities, and we do not.
And that is not bound by any one factor or area to blame. 

~Bang

20 minutes ago, Bang said:

Maybe if you were raised better you would not have to ask such an obvious question.

I don't have time to make you a list. And, frankly, i don't have the desire anymore, either. Attitudes like this are a massive problem, and the only reason anyone is ignorant to these truths is they choose to be. There is no societal pressure preventing anyone from being more aware of the realities of life in this country and on this world..

Fact is we've been taught we all have the same opportunities, and we do not.
And that is not bound by any one factor or area to blame. 

~Bang

You know what I like about you Bang? You don't dick around.

We have the same opportunities from the govt (though we do offer certain people extra ones)

If someone is teaching you we are all born equally circumstanced(or entitled to be so) they are doing you a disservice.

Archived