Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yeah right, like that's all she ever did to deserve this nomination. Fake news conveniently leaving off many other accomplishments such as being married to the executive director of private credit for Morgan Stanley and uh... uh... ONE! One other accomplishment that the fake news doesn't want you to know about.

I guess it's not an accomplishment really.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

So people on Twitter are criticizing Griffin for not showing the full Trump "momentum" quote, when he basically says that protecting our people takes a back seat to "momentum." But this conveniently ignores that, during the pipe bomb scare before the perp was caught, Trump was carping on Twitter about how "this bomb stuff was really hurting our momentum."

The knots that some folks will twist themselves in to defend this guy is hysterical. Marc Thiessen has a column in the Post where he pretty much favorably compares Trump to Nixon and allows, that, despite Trump being a pain, conservatism will survive (citing the election of Reagan six years after Nixon resigned). What he doesn't mention is that, in his reelection bid, Nixon got over SIXTY percent of the popular vote. I think there is a decent chance Trump wins reelection (although a lot can happen in two years), but I say no way he even gets fifty percent of the popular vote, and I think there's a good chance he loses the PV again. 

At least right now, Trump probably has no problem winning reelection.  There's a chance that he could get more votes than last time and at the same time, lose the popular vote by an even larger margin.  The run-up of votes in the blue states will outpace the run-up of votes in the Red states.  I honestly don't see who can actually win the nomination and then beat him in 2020. I think the odds are strong, the 2020 Democratic nominee; will be a Mcgovern redux.  Loved by the base but doesn't appeal to a national base.  The Dems have to win back some of those states they lost to Trump.  Campaign 2020 starts on Wednesday!

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think what he said was pretty clear:  maga who use violence against other people are actually hurting the cause, not helping it. 

You ever wonder why he doesnt just say the things you make believe he says?

54 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You ever wonder why he doesnt just say the things you make believe he says?

I thought that Trump’s appeal was that he said what he thought. It makes me wonder why his supporters spend so much time translating his racist, xenophobic, sexist, idiotic speech into something more palettable for the mainstream.

”Oh he didn’t mean that troops were going to shoot the brown people if they threw rocks, he meant that the troops will defend the border well. But if they throw rocks then they’ll defend themselves, like the Israelis when those Mooslims throw rocks.”

16 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

To the contrary, Americans often work harder and longer hours compared to other Westernized countries, but get less in return. Strong unions that lead to a lot of the benefits and protections we all enjoy today (whether currently unionized or not) have been demolished and you see plenty of states enacting laws (or removing previous laws) that are reversing progress made on those fronts.  The mantra you often here by right wing pundits is "get a 2nd job, get a 3rd job" as if that should somehow become the norm, having to work around the clock non stop to get by. 

Remember when Dubya was talking to a lady at a town hall who said she had 3 jobs...his response to the crowd (with a giggle) was "Well, that's uniquely American!"...

Indeed, it is. 

31 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I thought that Trump’s appeal was that he said what he thought. It makes me wonder why his supporters spend so much time translating his racist, xenophobic, sexist, idiotic speech into something more palettable for the mainstream.

”Oh he didn’t mean that troops were going to shoot the brown people if they threw rocks, he meant that the troops will defend the border well. But if they throw rocks then they’ll defend themselves, like the Israelis when those Mooslims throw rocks.”

No no his appeal was that he was a smart businessman and would run the government like a business!

Which he is totally %100 doing and stuff

Except for the part where your face explodes and you die instantly.

I don’t give a ****, you people STILL supporting this moron are insane. Seriously, it’s clinical at this point, seek help. I’d recommend a cult healing therapist, maybe a post-hostage PTSD therapist, but honestly get help. We know you’re not insane yourselves, you’re just scared we get it, but get help.

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The whole point of SSDI is that people who qualify usually can't physically do sustantial gainful activity.

Yep my mom got that when she was diagnosed with MS.  Catch is you can work, just not certain number of hours, otherwise your benefit money starts to drop.  Fan of the program, but not that particular rule, my mom wants to work a little to make up for the loss in income but they wont let her. 

She can't handle what she used to do, but that doesn't men she can't work at all, think is biggest flaw in the program that otherwise saved my family from relying even more on just my dads income when we started with two.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

At least right now, Trump probably has no problem winning reelection.  There's a chance that he could get more votes than last time and at the same time, lose the popular vote by an even larger margin.  The run-up of votes in the blue states will outpace the run-up of votes in the Red states.  I honestly don't see who can actually win the nomination and then beat him in 2020. I think the odds are strong, the 2020 Democratic nominee; will be a Mcgovern redux.  Loved by the base but doesn't appeal to a national base.  The Dems have to win back some of those states they lost to Trump.  Campaign 2020 starts on Wednesday!

Yikes.  I think Trump gets beaten by at least half a dozen people.  Remember, when he won, most of the country thought his opponent was the one under investigation by the FBI, thought Trump would "grow into the job," most people probably didn't bank on there being a different scandal every single week, and people weren't fully aware of the extent that Russia was interfering.  

Current polls show that 47% of registered voters hold a "very unfavorable" view of Trump.  That doesn't include "somewhat unfavorable" or undecideds.  If you add the very favorable (i.e., the base) (32%) and the somewhat favorable (13%), that still doesn't match just the very unfavorable numbers. 

Note that Trump won in 2016 based on roughly 80,000 votes across 3 states.  Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  We'll see what happens next week when the votes are counted, but right now the electorate in all 3 of those states are poised to elect Democrat governors (although Wisconsin looks very close).  Those 3 states also have a total of 4 Senate seats up this cycle, all 4 seats currently have the Democrats heavily favored.  This election is largely a referendum on Trump, so if Dems win 25+ House seats, 5+ Governors seats, and don't lose much ground in the Senate despite one the best maps Republicans have ever had, that will tell you most of what you need to know for 2020. 

That said, if we Dems nominate Bernie Sanders, we'll lose. 

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

This is an absurd take on the 2020 election. I'll leave it at that. 

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

No no his appeal was that he was a smart businessman and would run the government like a business!

Which he is totally %100 doing and stuff

To be fair, he IS running the government like he runs HIS businesses.

It's disconcerting that we've seen DHS become more and more a willing political arm of trumpland, inc. their latest declaration of unsupported claims, provable errors and misrepresentations and---yes---even some outright lies--designed to support the soon-impending crisis/mass invasion caravan theme trump's fixated on, especially as these now seemingly trumpfirst folks making DHS decisions are also some of the ones getting in as deep as state election boards allow to monitor the election's validity/security. Cue sinister music. :)

I can't wait until we clear house of all these fear mongering cabinet liars. Mattis is the only one that can stay at the table. What a bunch of hateful jerks. Hopefully they all start resigning if the Dems can control the house and start looking into all their shady shenanigans. 

I think Trump loses in 2020 as long as the Dems don't treat that election as a "do-over" of 2016 or a "correcting our mistake" type thing.  Do not let Hillary or Bernie anywhere near the nomination.  Bernie less so, but even him I think the tread on those tires is getting a little worn.  They need some new blood to energize the base, but also a new generation of voters.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think Trump loses in 2020 as long as the Dems don't treat that election as a "do-over" of 2016 or a "correcting our mistake" type thing.  Do not let Hillary or Bernie anywhere near the nomination.  Bernie less so, but even him I think the tread on those tires is getting a little worn.  They need some new blood to energize the base, but also a new generation of voters.

Exactly my thought. They both will be too old. And we need a super strong, charming person who can mend relationships around the world, who can appoint strong cabinet secretaries, and the most important qualities of ethics and honesty in service to We the People.

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Exactly my thought. They both will be too old. And we need a super strong, charming person who can mend relationships around the world, who can appoint strong cabinet secretaries, and the most important qualities of ethics and honesty in service to We the People.

Beto should be available

:ols: 

Archived