Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Define old.  And yes I live in a trailer, a very nice one.  I can afford that, my very nice truck, my wife's very nice car, and a home in florida.  I would say being able to afford that plus a number of expensive hobbies plus just blowing money on dumb crap while still putting away a pretty penny makes me pretty successful.  What was your point?

Ok but how many bags of pot?

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So, this is  someone who has had the benefit of being born to people that can afford a $1.5 million house telling other people to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. 

Born into a family of service people. 

Who *now* after a long life of hard work, have reached a point where they can afford a 1.5 million dollar house. 

You went quite a bit out of you way to mischaracterize the story. 

My parents also live in something like a million dollar house. With a motor coach. Boats. All kinds of toys. When they had me they lived in a trailer. He was a night time security guard and she was a waitress. They got jobs in the government as a fighter fighter and a postal worker. They parlayed long careers of hard work, sacrifice, and good decisions into a very well off retirement situation. 

When i look back on the 30ish years I got to watch it take place, I struggle to find anywhere “luck” played a role. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Now, I have heard people claim that getting a job will hurt them. But it's not "if I earn $100, they'll cut my welfare $150". It's "if I take a $100 job, I'll have to pay $300 in child care". 

Those claims, I believe. 

The one I went through was that the entry level into the career they were qualified for would pay them enough to not get govt subsidizes items, but wouldn’t proved them to her. In 5 years she’d be ahead, but with two children in middle school she couldn’t afford to wait that long

so she stayed at Walmart. 

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

White privilege. 

Not in the government ;)

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Who *now* after a long life of hard work, have reached a point where they can afford a 1.5 million dollar house. 

She was born into a family of *at least* solidly middle class status, and now thinks that anyone that relies on help from the government are living wrong and have intentionally made bad choices that resulted in their predicament, where she herself has never been anything approaching poor.  That's not a mischaracterization.  

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

My parents also live in something like a million dollar house. With a motor coach. Boats. All kinds of toys. When they had me they lived in a trailer. He was a night time security guard and she was a waitress. They got jobs in the government as a fighter fighter and a postal worker. They parlayed long careers of hard work, sacrifice, and good decisions into a very well off retirement situation. 

When i look back on the 30ish years I got to watch it take place, I struggle to find anywhere “luck” played a role. 

That's all great, and your parents sound pretty awesome.  If, in the event that they went though a period where they needed to rely on help from the government to make ends meet for awhile while they worked their way up, I wouldn't say they were raising their kids wrong, which is what was said in a previous post.  Not one of my posts has used the word "luck", so i dunno why you implied that i have.  

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not one of my posts has used the word "luck", so i dunno why you implied that i have

Because it’s often associated with the “oh you have yours so everyone else can screw off?” Side of things. Wasn’t really a shot at you.

my parents are awesome and I’m a ****hole son that took 25 years to realize I had awesome parents. 

They arent against welfare. 

They are against the idea that opportunity doesn’t exist for everyone. Like me, the vast majority of people they’ve come in contact with have the livelihood their decisions got them. 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Because it’s often associated with the “oh you have yours so everyone else can screw off?” Side of things

Nothing ive posted resembles anything like that.  

my parents are awesome and I’m a ****hole son that took 25 years to realize I had awesome parents. 

You should call your mom right now just to say hi.  

They arent against welfare. 

I didn't say they are against welfare; i was referring to another poster here.  

They are against the idea that opportunity doesn’t exist for everyone. Like me, the vast majority of people they’ve come in contact with have the livelihood their decisions got them. 

I'm saying the deck is stacked against a large swath of people.  I'm also saying that the advantages that come with being born into money (not necessarily gobs of money, but enough to where you don't have to worry about your next meal, rent check, or your physical safety) cannot be understated.  Yes, your decisions matter A LOT.  But your starting point matters a lot too. 

• Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

so this has become a 10-hour plus, 4 page discussion of a specific and separate topic

let's wrap it up and avoid it in the future like you're supposed to 

start a new topic thread when needed

:)

Trump’s golfing and hasn’t threatened to repeal a Constitutional amendment in 24 hours.  It’s a slow day. ?‍♀️

50 minutes ago, tshile said:

*EDIT*

Just saw Jumbo's post.

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump’s golfing and hasn’t threatened to repeal a Constitutional amendment in 24 hours.  It’s a slow day. ?‍♀️

I know it's been slow. That, and that it was good discussion, was why I kept patiently waiting for you all to self-govern hahahahahahahaha

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

It bothers me immensely when baby boomers constantly rag on Millennials with the claim they are lazy, don't want to work hard, and simply want stuff given to them, 

Yeah it was pretty easy for that generation to “work so much harder” than current generations when they could get well-paying jobs, afford a nice house with a fence and provide for a family pretty much out of high school. 

For those that really wanted to excel, they could go to college for $500 tuition and become doctors and lawyers and the higher wage earners. 

Speaking of hard work, average college tuition required about 3 hours a day of the min wage to pay for. It currently requires 17hrs a day of the current min wage to be able to afford. 

But yeah we’re just lazy and need to work harder 

The White House is growing increasingly concerned about allegations of misconduct against Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, according to two senior administration officials, and President Trump has asked aides for more information about a Montana land deal under scrutiny by the Justice Department.

Trump told his aides he is afraid Zinke has broken rules while serving as the Interior Secretary and is concerned about the Justice Department referral, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter. But the president has not yet indicated whether he will fire the former Navy SEAL and congressman and has asked for more information, the officials said.

Earlier this month, Interior’s Office of Inspector General referred the inquiry — one of several probes into the secretary’s conduct — to the Justice Department to determine whether a criminal investigation is warranted. That referral concerns Zinke’s involvement in a Whitefish, Mont., land development deal backed by David J. Lesar, chairman of the oil services firm Halliburton.

Trump said he wants the military to shoot people in the caravan if they throw rocks (treat them as if they were shooting rifles) and it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.  Best part of his presser was when he started parroting the polling data "women want to feel secure" that is behind his fear mongering. "Looks like you're really doing poorly with the women Don, better demonize immigrants".

I saw a short piece on Trump's rhetoric that basically laid out the case that when it comes to the way Trump refers to his political opponents, there is really no option but to continually up the ante of vitriol because that is how he got where he is with most of his supporters.  If he backs off on any of it, his own supporters may turn on him and instead look for the next guy ready to spout off looney toon level stuff.  

His blathering is likely losing him supporters in the big picture, but the ones who are sticking with him want that kind of nonsense being spouted off out loud in public.  Most of them likely believed all of this stuff long before Trump ever set foot into the 2016 Primary and they are just gleeful someone is "finally telling it like it needs to be told"

I shudder to think what kind of stuff will be coming out of his mouth by the time his 2020 campaign kicks into high gear, assuming of course, that he is still in office by then.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I saw a short piece on Trump's rhetoric that basically laid out the case that when it comes to the way Trump refers to his political opponents, there is really no option but to continually up the ante of vitriol because that is how he got where he is with most of his supporters.  If he backs off on any of it, his own supporters may turn on him and instead look for the next guy ready to spout off looney toon level stuff. 

'Trump's gone soft. The PC police got him. Going to have to take all these MAGA stickers off my van now."

So people on Twitter are criticizing Griffin for not showing the full Trump "momentum" quote, when he basically says that protecting our people takes a back seat to "momentum." But this conveniently ignores that, during the pipe bomb scare before the perp was caught, Trump was carping on Twitter about how "this bomb stuff was really hurting our momentum."

The knots that some folks will twist themselves in to defend this guy is hysterical. Marc Thiessen has a column in the Post where he pretty much favorably compares Trump to Nixon and allows, that, despite Trump being a pain, conservatism will survive (citing the election of Reagan six years after Nixon resigned). What he doesn't mention is that, in his reelection bid, Nixon got over SIXTY percent of the popular vote. I think there is a decent chance Trump wins reelection (although a lot can happen in two years), but I say no way he even gets fifty percent of the popular vote, and I think there's a good chance he loses the PV again. 

Archived