Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

25 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I disagree, we would be at a stand still with Federal government, since the GOP controls both houses. Judges would be obstructed and there would be two fewer justices on the SCOTUS.

Admiring your assumption that if Hillary had won, the Republicans would have continued refusing to seat any judges whatsoever that were not appointed by Republicans. 

Might be true. Just surprised to see somebody admitting it. 

2 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

In all the noise it is hard to track all the crazy things that have happened under Trump, what do you think are the most egregious since he took office? My top 3:

Firing Comey and then admitting it was about the Russia investigation.

Helsinki "I don't see why he would have".

Charlottesville "fine people on both sides"

No other replies to this question? Very curious to see what you guys post as the moment(s) that have had the biggest effect on you during this still young term.

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Admiring your assumption that if Hillary had won, the Republicans would have continued refusing to seat any judges whatsoever that were not appointed by Republicans. 

Might be true. Just surprised to see somebody admitting it. 

What indication did Mitch give that he’d do anything but obstruct?

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

No other replies to this question? Very curious to see what you guys post as the moment(s) that have had the biggest effect on you during this still young term.

Some things I would add:

Resisting firing Flynn in spite of warnings from intelligence community.

His acceptance of "strong denials" by many, most significantly Putin and the Saudi Prince.

Nepotism.

3 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I mean, it was a lot. I have to review. But off the top of my head: Helsinki, I remember Pear Harbor, and That police brutality thing where he was like yea **** em up.

thats off the top of my head tho. Most of that policy **** I don’t attribute to him but the monsters in congress letting him get away with it. 

47 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That was already taking place during Obama's term though. Obstruction by the opposition party wouldn't necessarily be a new thing, although it has been taken to the 9th degree as of late.

Oh, I know, that's why I know it would have simply continued with Hillary. But, here's the crazy thing, if the entire Federal government stayed exactly the same as it was when Obama left and didn't change Left or Right, then we'd still be better off than we are now.

The economy was continuing to grow, unemployment was continuing to fall, we weren't in trade wars, we weren't alienating our allies, we weren't coddling tyrants and murderers, we weren't winking and nodding at white domestic terrorists.

I'd simply give just about anything if we could go back to 2016 and be able to vote for an empty Oval Office.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll be honest, it's been such a whirlwind, and he's become such an emotional trigger for me that it would take me awhile to settle on some things, because at the same timevall this has gone on, my mind has tried to block a lot of it.

I'm kinda here right now, the last two years has been such a complete mind-**** that it's difficult to rank his top three. It would be easier if I could rank different top 3's for various categories; e.g. domestic policy, foreign policy, Russia, racism, etc.

What's more is that the danger in listing just three gives the MAGAts an opening to just address those three by saying things like, "Well, if that's all you're upset about then look at these three things Obama did" or some other such bull****.

30 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@AsburySkinsFan

The nation is most likely being catastrophically ****ed, sure.  But not twa, not benning, not kilmer, not no excuses, and not you are going to save it here in the tailgate. Watch your blood pressure. Do other things. :D (all of ya)

(free of charge)

Reading more than watching has helped me the last 7-8 months or so. Just got to a point where it was just too much to take in on a daily basis. Unfortunately, living in the DC area, we probably don't have the luxury that others do, where we can totally turn it off, so its still been difficult, pretty much since waking up that first morning.

40 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@AsburySkinsFan

The nation is most likely being catastrophically ****ed, sure.  But not twa, not benning, not kilmer, not no excuses, and not you are going to save it here in the tailgate. Watch your blood pressure. Do other things. :D (all of ya)

(free of charge)

Oh, I have no illusion that it'll be saved or lost because of us here on ES. 

This is just one of the very few and limited pressure releases that I have on these issues. I have an anonymous twitter account but I hate dealing with twitter, too much like reading the comment section on op-ed pieces. With my work and area that I work in I simply keep nearly all political stuff out of my social media. Meaning that I either kick the dog or I post here.

At least here we all kind of know each other, hell after a decade and a half I'd say most of us know each other pretty well. 

But, if you really want to support animal abuse then I'll sign off. LOL

Oh, and using **** words isn't high blood pressure with me, just more like spicy cajun food, substance with a bite.

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I think the kids in cages thing is probably #1, followed by Charlottesville and Helsinki.  The sleeper picks that I can think of are pulling out of the Paris climate accord and TPP, slamming NATO just prior to meeting with Putin, the Muslim ban EO fiasco, his all out war on the DOJ and FBI, and his full-throated endorsement of Roy Moore. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

@AsburySkinsFan

(free of charge)

Heyyyy.  What did I do this time??????

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Heyyyy.  What did I do this time??????

You know what you did. You fit in with the rest. Ya'all just a bunch of feathers, bills, and webbed feet that carry you with a distinct gait.  

Deplorable doesn't cover this crew. Maybe irredeemable.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Reading more than watching has helped me the last 7-8 months or so. Just got to a point where it was just too much to take in on a daily basis. Unfortunately, living in the DC area, we probably don't have the luxury that others do, where we can totally turn it off, so its still been difficult, pretty much since waking up that first morning.

I definitely don't miss that about the DMV. Lived there durring the Clinton administration. After the impeachment I wanted little to do with politics. That quickly changed tho after the Supreme court decision on the 2000 election. 

For me, probably because I have more skin in the game, his MS-13, border wall etc comments, and the treatment of the children due to his separation policy, among other heinous ****... And more recently the migrant caravan.

Like the eye of sauron or some ****. You know what he means, and you know there was no brain aneurysm coming out when he says it. He's talking directly to me. And the message is crystal clear, every time.

Zinke is actively looking for a political nominee who could replace Kendall, a career official who has served in an acting capacity since 2009. Two weeks ago Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson sent an email to his staff announcing that one of his top aides, Suzanne Israel Tufts, would be taking over as Interior’s acting inspector general. But Zinke’s aides disavowed this idea several days later, describing Carson’s email as “100 percent false.”

Nuts that this guy can still install a lackey to be his watchdog.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me, probably because I have more skin in the game, his MS-13, border wall etc comments, and the treatment of the children due to his separation policy, among other heinous ****... And more recently the migrant caravan.

Like the eye of sauron or some ****. You know what he means, and you know there was no brain aneurysm coming out when he says it. He's talking directly to me. And the message is crystal clear, every time.

I hate it for you man. I've got hispanic friends who I know hear Trump's comments the same way that you do. And they are pressured to stay quiet or else suffer social and business ills if they speak out about this crap. In a large metro area self employed can often get away with such divisions and still make money, but in rural areas that's impossible because if you lose the people you've lost your business. So you save it for the voting booth. I've been openly attacked on social media for perceived disagreements. Once upon a time I would fully engage them, but today, nah, my wall-my rules---unfriend and block. I just don't tolerate that bull**** anymore, and I've got no use for anyone who wants to pull that **** with me.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

I wonder if Zinke will be leaving after the midterms.

Rumor mill says that there will be quite an exodus after the midterms. Everyone wants to get started on their new books.

28 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

You know what you did. You fit in with the rest. Ya'all just a bunch of feathers, bills, and webbed feet that carry you with a distinct gait.  

Deplorable doesn't cover this crew. Maybe irredeemable.

I appreciate that Clark.

20 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I appreciate that Clark.

I always wanted the Griswalds to be one of the families slain by one of Lector's copycat acolytes in those movies. You know how they do those scenes where the detective is putting the pieces together of the family's life and movements through photos and videos and reports and visualizing their daily activities and then mentally reconstructs the main event, step by step? And you follow the whole thing as it's played out, focusing on little bits of trivia about each family member and then how they're brought to a horrible end? Details matter. Then you can also do that with other families from film and tv that work for you. And it's all perfectly normal and reasonable I heard.

But I digress.

So I was going for a list of the top ten bad things Trump has done since taking office but I end up with 13. It seems that any of these would have been a major scandal for a previous administration but the constant noise makes you forget them pretty quickly. The fact that Trump almost certainly tried to cover for the Saudi's murder of a reporter is lost in the noise of the caravan, deploying troops, and a false threat to change the Constitution by executive order:

Firing Comey and then admitting it was about the Russia investigation.

Helsinki "I don't see why he would have".

Charlottesville "fine people on both sides"

Child separation/ lying about it being a policy / trying to reinstate it after denying it was a policy – Thanks Larry

Resisting firing Flynn in spite of warnings from intelligence community.

His acceptance of "strong denials" by many, most significantly Putin and the Saudi Prince.

Nepotism.

Original Muslim ban that had to be rewritten twice to pass the courts.

Numerous sources from within the administration questioning his competence – Tillerson, Cohen, etc.

Inflammatory rhetoric – “Enemy of the people”, “terrorists embedded in caravan”, “Pocahontas”, etc

Emoluments – Trump Hotel, Doubling the price of membership for Mar a Lago, If you have your wedding at a Trump property and he is there he will drop in, etc.

Unindicted co-conspirator in effort to hide affairs, lies about hiding affairs, lies about affairs

Number of indicted high ranking administration and campaign officials, number of high ranking administration officials turned over.

Archived