Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - cow****ers at REDSKINS

TK

When do officials EVER call false start on a team scrambling to get off a ball to spike?  I mean it really is kind of crazy.  Movement on the line is almost guaranteed in those situations and pretty much always overlooked because you are conceding the play to spike the ball.  Just ticky tack BS.

And please guys, can we cool it on being angry at Cowboys fans.....who cares if they come to the board to talk....it's a division game and they just exposed our team as being everything the media claimed us to be coming off last year's 9-7 record by beating other mediocre teams.  It isn't their fault.  I know the game just ended and we are salty as faaaack at the moment, but I don't really care about Cowboys fans,

I care more about a D-coordinator who not only had no business being hired in the first place, but has pretty much done nothing but show how undeserving he was every week, and is still employed.  Or maybe a QB who can't seem to hit WRs wide open in stride, and then melts down mentally at the goal line. 

0-2 is not the end of the world normally, but for this team it probably is for this season.  This isn't the caliber of team that is going to go on some kind of run.  I saw our skill position players running free and wild all day and a QB that wasn't able to hit them in stride, if not miss them completely.  I also saw him lock onto a WR before the snap of the ball and get determined to only look and throw to that spot no matter what.  Last week against the Steelers rust was an issue.  This week there is no excuse.

I also saw coaches showing no confidence in the players.  

6 minutes ago, MemphisSkin76 said:

Uhhhhh that coach has babied Kirk from day one.  Kirk has been AWFUL against good team since he's been in the league but you wouldn't know it the way Gruden defends that loser...lol

Gruden was pretty tough on Kirk today

9 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

This game is still on the defense. There's enough talent there to play better than they are right now. Barry needs to adapt or leave.

While I agree the defense is a disaster,  today's loss lies strictly on Cousin's shoulders. His inability to effectively utilize  the world-class athletes we have at WR and TE render him a backup QB in the NFL at best. His pathetic performance also cost us game 1.

8 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Kory has to be cut tomorrow a-la Amerson. That is just pathetic.

This team will be lucky to win 5 games. 

5!?!?!?  Are you kidding!?!?  5!?!??   minus a drastic improvement we will own the first pick in the draft.  3-13 of we are lucky!

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think, and I can't believe that I'm going to say it, but it was over confidence.  

They just didn't prepare, coach or acquire players to be successful.  They read more into the final 10 regular season games.  They should have looked at the playoff game.  

And stupidity in hiring Barry.  

I honestly don't blame them for reading into it. It's been awhile now so the luster has worn off for fans, but they were doing a lot of very good things. The whole "didn't beat a good team" thing was overblown. The Skins never used to beat bad teams, either. So it was a big step. They made a ton of strides. I don't feel like getting into it right now, but there were things being done on a coaching level, player level, and organizational level that was all good and something we haven't seen in decades.

So, no, I can't agree, though I get where you're coming from. And I hate when people target coaches, but maybe you're right here. I don't know. I hate judging these guys from my couch like that with as little info as we have (sometimes the results aren't indicative of the truth), you won't see me doing that... he is dealing with some major issues upfront, but you'd like to see better, I know. If it continues it's fair to point to him, I guess. :/  

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It makes a lot of sense that our defense is playing poorly, considering our GM left it for dead this offseason. There's no talent to be found in that front 7. It's a joke. 

It also makes sense that Kirk has badly regressed. Happens to a lot of QBs after breakout seasons. He never was especially great, but a Kirk without confidence is basically useless to us. His gamer attitude was his best quality. Now he's shook already. 

Well, I do think they understood that there'd be issues upfront. I just think they believed they'd compensate with an elite secondary and general team speed in a one-gapping defense that might get gashed here and there, but also will make a bunch of plays in the process. The problem is it's SO bad the other parts that have been built nicely are suffering. On top of that, Breeland just got his mind warped the first game and is now a terrible corner. What the heck. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Gruden was pretty tough on Kirk today

It doesn't matter now...had he been tough on him from day one we would see that he's a mental midget and we would have drafted a QB back in April in the first round and could have used that $20 million we're paying that loser on better defensive players.

7 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Yeah the center with 4 penalties in 2 games is nowhere near being a problem.  Sure. Whatever. lol

Just find it weird how he's the scapegoat all of a sudden. Yeah he's not perfect but he's had two good games if you actually watch him. 

If people want to just judge him on a few penalties despite the fact he's keeping Kirk clean and making holes for Jones then so be it. Penalties will be eradicated with a bit of patience. It's not a problem he's had his whole career. 

Archived