Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - cow****ers at REDSKINS

TK

4 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Ack. Poor game from Breeland, and shaky game by Kirk. Same as last week. These were not the problems I was expecting to have.

That's a huge problem that bad teams face year in and year out. There is no consistency.

One year the QB is great so you think that position is fine especially with all the weapons we have. Oops, next year arrives and you realize the guy sucks again.

You think you have two solid corners till you realize your #1 corner from last year will play terribly.

You're so happy that we're finally injury free till you realize even when healthy the talent just isn't there.

Remember that rookie from last year having 8 sacks and was going to take the next step into stardom, well this year he looks lost and falls for boot legs constantly.

So frustrating. There is no way to win when different parts of the team take a step back on a yearly basis.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Didn't see a single snap today.

I feel fine.  I think I'm beginning to move on. And this isn't about Skins winning or losing.  I just don't know how much I care about sports anymore. 

The only sane one among us

5 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Didn't see a single snap today.

I feel fine.  I think I'm beginning to move on. And this isn't about Skins winning or losing.  I just don't know how much I care about sports anymore. 

I flipped between the Nats and Skins. Lets just say the Nationals weren't the usual respite from the Redskins buffoonery, they had an awful game in their own right. However, I don't get mad anymore. Usually I blow a fuse when there is a missed call like the holding on Clairborne in the end zone on Garcon--instead, I just shook my head, and flipped back to the Nats. I've probably felt this way since 2014. Until they have some amount of year-to-year consistency, I probably will continue to just expect them to blow games in spectacular fashion.

Kirk doesn't suck.  He's an above average starting QB.  He's Matt Hasselbeck, and like Hasselbeck did, he's going to keep getting better for a while.  Even the really good ones throw picks in the endzone.  Especially when a defender disguises his coverage as well as Barry Church did on that play.  It was a truly great play by Church.

We can absolutely live with Kirk at QB moving forward.  He won't be the reason we ever end up being a great team.  But he also won't hold us back from being one if we ever get a defense that's worth a damn.  We've got the foundation of a powerful offense in place, and Kirk is a part of that.  We need to retain him, retain Jackson, find a new center, and make more of a commitment to the run game.  That's really it for the offense.  If we do that, then they should be a top ten group pretty soon.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kirk doesn't suck.  He's an above average starting QB.  He's Matt Hasselbeck, and like Hasselbeck did, he's going to keep getting better for a while.  Even the really good ones throw picks in the endzone.  Especially when a defender disguises his coverage as well as Barry Church did on that play.  It was a truly great play by Church.

We can absolutely live with Kirk at QB moving forward.  He won't be the reason we ever end up being a great team.  But he also won't hold us back from being one if we ever get a defense that's worth a damn.  ...

Edit:  moved to Kirk thread.

On 9/18/2016 at 9:20 PM, jservs7 said:

Except at center... 

On 9/18/2016 at 9:20 PM, NattyBo said:

Yeah the center with 4 penalties in 2 games is nowhere near being a problem.  Sure. Whatever. lol

On 9/18/2016 at 9:22 PM, moondog said:

And Kory ****ing Lichtensteiger. That's his third ****ing false start in two games. You're the ****ing center. Just a complete mental midget out there. And it's not as if he hasn't also routinely been called for holding as well. That is absolutely inexcusable. This team is a hot mess right now and it most certainly starts with 

On 9/18/2016 at 9:22 PM, NattyBo said:

He's had 4 penalties, including multiple false starts, AT CENTER, in 2 games. Jesus christ

On 9/18/2016 at 9:33 PM, NewCliche21 said:

He's not the scapegoat; he's just terrible.  Good centers do not have false starts.  They don't get high fives for not ****ing up, that's not how it works.  A center can't make those mistakes, and he has been.

He's terrible, my boy Breeland has been awful, Kerrigan is leaving a lot to be desired, and Kirk is just pissing all over our colors.  It's not just Kory, but it certainly includes him.

On 9/18/2016 at 9:43 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Litch has been awful. Can't run up the middle, he gets pushed back on every single pass play and 3 false starts in 2 weeks is rookie bull****.

Hailed by Cooley in his film breakdown again for the record. One of our most consistent players. 7.4 rating. 

I'll say it again, Kory Lichensteiger is not a problem on this team. People need to judge him on his overall play instead of a few penalties to start the year. 

• TK locked this topic

Archived