Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - cow****ers at REDSKINS

TK

Dan Steinberg (@dcsportsbog) tweeted at 3:00 PM on Sun, Sep 18, 2016:
Whose responsibility is it to make adjustments? "I have no clue," Francois said. "That’s one answer I would love to know."
(https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/777628465638014980?s=03)

Thats reassuring...

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Whose responsibility is it to make adjustments? "I have no clue," Francois said. "That’s one answer I would love to know."

Thats reassuring...

Wow, just wow...

26 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Thats reassuring...

RJ Francois: "Even from the Packers from last year, every team that sees us adjusts. Every team that adjusts to us, we don’t adjust to them"

1193.gif

RJF is talking truth to power. He's straight up calling out the coaching staff. Now, generally, I find this kind of thing distasteful, but it feels like something is very rotten in the state of Denmark right now. It's fairly rare for players to call our coaches after two games. At the same time, it does feel like there's no leadership or coaching right now. I get that Jay wants to be liked by the players, but the surest way for that to happen is through winning. I'm not upset at the losses, it's the way we've lost. First week was an unmitigated disaster, and this week we gave the game away with the same mistakes that have become a hallmark of Gruden's tenure. We lost at home to a bad Cowboys team that is mediocre across the board with a rookie running back and tight end. We had the ball inside their 40 in the fourth quarter three times and walked away with three points. Some massive needs to change or this may get really ugly. I wish I knew how to fix this; it may be that Gruden proves to be so incompetent that Scot has no choice to fire him and hire someone he trusts. 

We couldn't even execute a spike to stop the clock without a penalty today. The players have lost faith in the coaching staff and that's a real bad sign. 

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I've seen a couple members say rjf called out the coaches but nobody has mentioned what he said.

What did he say that called out the coaches?

Don't have the exact quote, but it had to do with questioning why every other team but us makes adjustments after a game plan or tactic stops working.

10 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

We couldn't even execute a spike to stop the clock without a penalty today. The players have lost faith in the coaching staff and that's a real bad sign. 

I was up and down emotionally today, but this crushed me.  What team messes up on spiking the ball?

I hope the Skins can find their way to at least get some wins and confidence again.

30 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I wonder if he's calling out the coaches as a whole, or just Barry. Dude's got some balls either way.

Well he really doesnt have much to lose. Not like we have an excess of DLineman we can bench him for

Someone has to call out joe b. Just like jay called out kirk.

3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Well he really doesnt have much to lose. Not like we have an excess of DLineman we can bench him for

Someone has to call out joe b. Just like jay called out kirk.

Maybe we can make Golston play two positions at once. That'll show Ricky.

4 hours ago, skins4eva said:

RJF is talking truth to power. He's straight up calling out the coaching staff. Now, generally, I find this kind of thing distasteful, but it feels like something is very rotten in the state of Denmark right now. It's fairly rare for players to call our coaches after two games. At the same time, it does feel like there's no leadership or coaching right now. I get that Jay wants to be liked by the players, but the surest way for that to happen is through winning. I'm not upset at the losses, it's the way we've lost. First week was an unmitigated disaster, and this week we gave the game away with the same mistakes that have become a hallmark of Gruden's tenure. We lost at home to a bad Cowboys team that is mediocre across the board with a rookie running back and tight end. We had the ball inside their 40 in the fourth quarter three times and walked away with three points. Some massive needs to change or this may get really ugly. I wish I knew how to fix this; it may be that Gruden proves to be so incompetent that Scot has no choice to fire him and hire someone he trusts. 

We have to fire Barry and promote Fewell. Barry's has LITERALLY done nothing in this league as a coordinator to suggest he'll be successful. He has no pedigree. I'm sick and tired of watching his vanilla schemes game after game. 

9 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

We have to fire Barry and promote Fewell. Barry's has LITERALLY done nothing in this league as a coordinator to suggest he'll be successful. He has no pedigree. I'm sick and tired of watching his vanilla schemes game after game. 

I tend to agree. The guy is just not good. I can't for the life of me understand why we seem to collect the worst coaching talent the league has to offer. Look at some of the talentless hacks and mediocre retreads that have made their way through our franchise in recent years: zorn, lecharles mcdaniels, Haslett, spurrier, Mike Nolan, Norval Turner (and no I don't want to hear about what an awesome coordinator he is).

Gruden is 13-19 through 32 games.

Zorn was 12-20.  Think about that for a minute  

What sucks so much about the Joe Barry situation is that the hiring itself was so puzzling that you figured he had to have something up his sleeve that no one knew about.  However everything he has been a part of on this team so far just further adds question marks as to why exactly he was even ever considered for the job in the first place.

It's one thing to hire an old tired re-tread who has a proven track record and they don't pan out.  Or maybe even the new "hot" coordinator gets a spot he isn't quite ready for and falters along the way.  

But.......Joe Barry? Why?

51 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

I tend to agree. The guy is just not good. I can't for the life of me understand why we seem to collect the worst coaching talent the league has to offer. Look at some of the talentless hacks and mediocre retreads that have made their way through our franchise in recent years: zorn, lecharles mcdaniels, Haslett, spurrier, Mike Nolan, Norval Turner (and no I don't want to hear about what an awesome coordinator he is).

Gruden is 13-19 through 32 games.

Zorn was 12-20.  Think about that for a minute  

Jay Gruden is only one win better than Zorn, with a better roster each year/a true GM/and a division in shambles. That is depressing. You nailed it.

6 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

Is anyone else worried why the hell Josh Norman was upset about the drug test after the game?

only guilty people get upset....

Not necessarily. I haven't bothered to research it because it isn't a story worth researching, but if he got tested a lot while with the Panthers, I can imagine that he would be annoyed. Certain players in the NFL have been harassed with drug tests, despite passing all of them successfully. I would certainly be ticked off if they did it so often to say they didn't trust me.

Archived