Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - cow****ers at REDSKINS

TK

3 minutes ago, s0crates said:

It's always funny to see people thinking they've identified the main culprit in these losses. This 0-2 start has been a team effort, plenty of blame to go around.

This game is squarely on Cousins. Sure other people made mistakes and played poorly but this game would have been a blowout had he hit WRs running wide open down the field 3-4 times for TDs 

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Brother, I like 78, I do.  He's a good guy and a good center, but ever since he's come back he's been "meh."  When you make THAT kind of error at THAT time, it's way more than just one penalty.  Just like Kirk's pick wasn't "Oh, I mean, just one pick, good game other than that."  It was devastating.  Context matters, and Kory had a MAJOR part in this loss.

When there's 18 seconds left and your at midfield I wouldn't call a penalty devastating tbh. The game was as good as gone at that point. Bad mistake by Kory Yeah but we needed a miracle at that point. 

Just now, Morrison J said:

When there's 18 seconds left and your at midfield I wouldn't call a penalty devastating tbh. The game was as good as gone at that point. Bad mistake by Kory Yeah but we needed a miracle at that point. 

And he took it away.  We won how many games in the last second last year?  First Eagles game?  Tampa?  It's not unheard of for Kirk.  He took away ten full seconds, more than half of the time, and it matters.  Thompson was good as tackled by Lee, except he wasn't.  Take away plays and you take away the game.  Kory failed, hard.

Man, everyone on here is so angry, firing and cutting people ain't is a solution.   Take a deep breathe and go hug your wives and kids.  As frustrated  as I am,  the bright side is there are still  plenty of football left to be played.   The NFC east stinks and I bet yall we will be in the mix by the end of the year.   Redskins Nation all day and every day!!!!!

2 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Yeah we were running the ball successfully but got away from it again. In the end it was another 4:1 ratio of passes to runs from our coaching staff.

And we got positive yardage on almost every run. I think it was 2 or 3 times that we didn't gain ground. So why do you go away from the running game? If you have first and goal from the 5 and gain 2 yards you can run almost every play from your playbook...

2 minutes ago, SkinsTight said:

Man, everyone on here is so angry, firing and cutting people ain't is a solution.   Take a deep breathe and go hug your wives and kids.  As frustrated  as I am,  the bright side is there are still  plenty of football left to be played.   The NFC east stinks and I bet yall we will be in the mix by the end of the year.   Redskins Nation all day and every day!!!!!

+1. we dropped the 1st games to the giants and cowboys last year, and still won the east. lots to be played with a lot of potential on the offensive side. just need to redo the def scheme and get better at redzone playcaliing (by a lot)

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

And he took it away.  We won how many games in the last second last year?  First Eagles game?  Tampa?  It's not unheard of for Kirk.  He took away ten full seconds, more than half of the time, and it matters.  Thompson was good as tackled by Lee, except he wasn't.  Take away plays and you take away the game.  Kory failed, hard.

Yes but not at midfield with 18 secs left and 0 timeouts. There's big difference! 

Just trying to put it into perspective. There were far bigger mistakes made out there today. There are far bigger problems on this team than Kory Lich. 

7 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Yeah we were running the ball successfully but got away from it again. In the end it was another 4:1 ratio of passes to runs from our coaching staff.

I don't get it either.  we've only run the ball 29 times through two games.  We're predictably unbalanced.  I get that sometimes the game takes you in that direction, but it shouldn't be that way every single game. 

Just now, Morrison J said:

Yes but not at midfield with 18 secs left and 0 timeouts. There's big difference! 

Just trying to put it into perspective. There were far bigger mistakes made out there today. There are far bigger problems on this team than Kory Lich. 

Dude, I'm not saying it was a guarantee, but he took a 1% chance to a 0%.  That's inexcusable.

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

And then convert him to guard/backup punter.

I love GMSM in the later rounds, but he's got me scratching my head so much at his priorities that my wife thinks I have lice.

He drafts BPA every single time. Takes the long term view. There's no such thing as priorities when McCloughan is drafting. 

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

+1. we dropped the 1st games to the giants and cowboys last year, and still won the east. lots to be played with a lot of potential on the offensive side. just need to redo the def scheme and get better at redzone playcaliing (by a lot)

With the way this team is playing, we need to make some drastic changes, and immediately, if we want to even compete for the title again this year. The Giants are looking strong. 

Archived